Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
Just because youre going on a trip doesnt mean you have to give up home cooking. This slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe is perfect for tripsall you need is a crock pot and somewhere to put it. Its simple, but easy to modify, so youre free to add or remove ingredients to suit your tastes
Tips And Tricks For Easy Chicken And Rice:
- I like to remove Easy Chicken and Rice from the oven and let it sit for about 15 minutes before serving. That way the soup and rice thicken up a bit.
- You may want to use a can of Cream of Celery soup in place of one of the Cream of Chicken soups. Or just use any of the 3 different kinds, just as long as you use 3 cans.
- If you do not want to use paprika, you can leave it out, I use it mostly for color.
- This is one of the easiest dishes to put together and I have used skinless chicken tenders that were frozen before and the Easy Chicken and Rice turned out great.
What Cuts Of Chicken Are Best To Use In This Recipe
- Boneless chicken thighs bake in the same time as rice, which makes them the perfect cut of chicken for this recipe!
- Skinless thighs work so much better than skin-ON thighs! Leaving the skin on results in sticky and half raw rice. Too much chicken fat seeps into the rice while baking.
I use boneless skinless chicken breasts or I have even used chicken tenders before, and they work real well. If the chicken breasts are very big, I cut them in half and this helps the chicken to cook through more easily.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Beef Soup
How To Make This Creamy Chicken And Rice Soup From Scratch
Heat the oil in a large dutch oven pot over medium heat.
Saute the celery, carrots, and onion until soft, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and oregano, and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken, rice, stock, and bay leaf. Stir well to combine, then lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or just until the rice is tender.
In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water or stock. Add it to the soup together with the cream cheese.
Continue to simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, until the soup is thick and creamy.
Season to taste and garnish with parsley.
Can I Add Cooked Rice To Chicken And Rice Soup
For this recipe you add the rice in uncooked and it cooks with the rest of the veggies. This helps the rice to absorb all the yummy flavor of the soup and taste delicious! However, if you have leftover rice in your fridge you can still use it in this recipe.
Cook the entire recipe as is, omitting the rice. Then at the end when you are adding your chicken, toss in your leftover rice too. Cook both until heated through.
You May Like: Gluten Free Condensed French Onion Soup
How To Make Creamy Chicken And Rice Casserole
Some days supper is ripe for experimentation , while others you just want an easy, no-fail classic. On these days, I look to casseroles tuna noodle, chili mac, or, my personal favorite, cheesy chicken and rice.
Here, Im sharing the best version I know, which involves a few small upgrades for maximum flavor. Youll whisk together your own creamy sauce to cook the tender white rice and bite-sized veggies, and youll also swap chicken breasts for savory, juicy thighs.
Get ready to grab your largest serving spoon to scoop up generous portions of seasoned chicken and creamy rice and vegetables. Theres no need for fussy garnishes or other fanfare, although I like it best with a few dashes of hot sauce. Heres how to make it.
Recipe Notes Tips & Troubleshooting:
- You can use already cooked/rotisserie chicken, just be sure to add it in towards the end so it doesn’t overcook.
- Swap the boneless skinless chicken breasts for thighs if you prefer. I would leave them intact and add them in at the same time as the rice. They’re a lot harder to overcook than chicken breasts and become more tender the longer you cook them. Just shred them with 2 forks and add the meat back to the soup once it’s done cooking.
- This is not one of those soups that freezes well due to the cream and rice. If you do need to make it a bit ahead of time, I suggest cooking the rice separately and adding it to each bowl just prior to serving.
- As with any recipe, swap ingredients at your own discretion. There is a chance that substituting the cream with a lower fat alternative will lead to curdling since the soup is cooked at a fairly high heat. I don’t recommend swapping the white rice for brown rice or wild rice because it’ll take much longer to cook. However, if you want to use a different kind of rice, cook it separately and add it into the soup at the end.
This soup is a hearty meal as-is, but you can definitely serve it with a side of crusty bread and/or a salad.
Read Also: Slow Cooker Pot Roast Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Ingredients Recipe Notes And Substitutes
- Olive oil: feel free to use any oyther oil
- Veggies: carrots and celery. You may add any other vegetable liek broccoli, peas, zucchini, and so on.
- Onion: we used white onions, but you may use any other onion.
- Garlic Cloves: use fresh garlic because that will bring out the flavors more
- Dried oregano: if you dont have this herb, use italian seasoning
- Shredded cooked Chicken: Use leftover roasted chicken, Rotisserie chicken, or leftover turkey
- Rice: wild rice or long grain prefered. Use any other kind if you must.
- Chicken Stock: if you happen to have vegetable stock, you may use that instead of chicken broth.
- Bay leaves: used for added flavor
- Cream cheese: use light instead of full-fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced parsley: used to serve as a garnish so its optional.
What Is Chicken And Rice Casserole
Campbells Soup Company introduced this homestyle casserole as a way to use their condensed cream of chicken soup. In the decades since, theres no doubt that the cheesy chicken and rice casserole served at potlucks and delivered to friends in need all relied on that can of soup.
Since were all home now, looking for more cooking projects, theres never been a better time to make your own condensed soup from scratch The homemade version is made with just a few pantry staples flour, broth, and a splash of milk and I promise you will not miss out on any of the classic creamy chicken flavor.
Recommended Reading: Anderson Split Pea Hotel
Video Result For Chicken Rice Soup Casserole
Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole With Homemade Cream…
Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
Baked Chicken and Rice in Mushroom Soup ~ Easy Cooking
Easy Oven-Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole (With Cream…
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole | Super Easy Recipe
Great Family Meal – Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
chicken and rice casserole
Cream Of Mushroom Chicken And Rice Casserole – My Way…
Cream Of Mushroom Chicken And Rice Casserole – My Way…
Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
Easy Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe ~ ONE PAN!
Mushroom Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken & Mushroom Rice Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole – Lynn’s Recipes
CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole with Cheese – Great…
Chicken and Rice Casserole with Michael’s Home Cooking
Mom’s Chicken and Rice Soup
DELICIOUS CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE | Cook With Me Easy…
Chicken, Mushroom and Wild Rice Casserole
The Creamiest CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE | 5 Ingredient…
DON’T PEEK CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE | ITS DINNER…
Cream of Mushroom Brown Rice Casserole with Chicken
Creamy Chicken And Instant Rice Casserole
Chicken Divan w/ Rice | Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli…
Campbell’s Kitchen | Cheesy Chicken & Rice Alfredo…
CHICKEN BROCCOLI AND RICE CASSEROLE | CHEESY CHICKEN…
Easy Stovetop Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
Chicken and Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole | One Pan…
Love & Best Dishes: Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe
Easy Chicken And Rice Casserole
This easy chicken and rice casserole is a quick and delicious dinner idea that the whole family will love. Its made with just 4 simple ingredientsmost of which you probably already have in your pantry!
If you need a trusty casserole recipe, youve found your match. This dish honestly couldnt get any easier and tastes super delicious. It reminds me of my one pot chicken and rice, but in casserole form. Your whole family will love it!
This is one of those recipes that is nice to have on hand for when you need to pull dinner together quickly and dont have a lot of time to prep. It only takes 4 ingredients and one dish to make. And I bet you already have everything you need in your pantry!
This dinner may not be the prettiest dish, but its sure to please the whole family. Even my kids all love it! The chicken is tender and the rice has such a great flavor. Plus its easy to customize with your favorite spices and veggies. You cant mess it up!
Recommended Reading: Unlimited Soup And Salad Olive Garden
Stir In Rice Seasonings And Broth
Step 2 stir in the rice and cheese. Stir in rice, seasonings and broth Feb 10, 2022 · cream of chicken soup, onions, chicken, celery, chips, salt, rice and 3 more jalapeño turkey burgers always angie b white onion, velveeta cheese, cumin, paprika, iceberg lettuce and 10 more I love paneras cream of chicken & wild rice soup. Simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Its an easy weeknight soup, perfect served with crusty bread and salad, that. I just made this recipe and it tastes exactly like it!
How To Make Chicken And Rice
Making this recipe is super easy, it comes together in just a few steps:
Top with Parm & serve immediately.
Recommended Reading: Knorr Vegetable Dip Gluten Free
Easy Chicken And Rice
Easy chicken and rice is such an easy meal to put together. I use to make it all the time. In fact, I made it so much that it has been a few years since I have made it. It is so nice to put it together and then place it into the oven and forget about it for a few hours, and then you can put it right onto the table.
I would make this when I came home from work and I couldnt think of anything else to make. It doesnt take a lot of thinking to make this and almost anyone can make it. I like to add a vegetable with it and some fruit and that is all you really need.
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
- Wild Rice Soup: To make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, boil wild rice in broth for about 15 minutes, then add the chicken and cook another 20 minutes. You can also use leftover cooked Wild Rice and add at the end.
- Pasta: Instead of rice, try bite size pasta like orzo, tortellini, macaroni, or small shells. You could also skip pasta and use chopped sweet potatoes or russet potatoes for a Chicken and Potato Soup.
- Meat: Use bone-in chicken breasts or chicken thighs for more fatty, chicken flavor. You can also use boneless chicken thighs, the dark meat will add more fat. If you prefer chicken chunks instead of shredded chicken, chop chicken into bite-sized pieces before cooking.
- Vegetables: Other veggies that you can add to Chicken Rice Soup are mushrooms, kale, spinach, red bell peppers, or pearl onions. You can use frozen veggies, just thaw and drain first.
- Seasonings: Try seasonings like lemon juice, tarragon, rosemary, fresh thyme, or bay leaf with this Chicken and Rice Soup. Use chicken stock instead of chicken broth for even more flavor.
- Creamy: Whisk 1 cup of heavy cream or evaporated milk and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour until well combined. Stir into soup after the rice is tender and cook for 5 minutes, until broth is thick and creamy.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
OTHER HEARTY SOUP RECIPES TO TRY
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Calories
Melt The Butter To A Large Dutch Oven On Medium Heat And Cook The Onions Garlic Celery Salt And Pepper For 3
Easy cream of chicken and rice soup recipe. Add chicken cheese and sour cream. You can cook easy cream of chicken and rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. 1 pound organic or naturally raised chicken chopped.
1 quart of organic chicken stock or broth. Add a can of condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup and a can of drained diced mushrooms. Souper Rice quick creamy cheater risotto recipe made with minute rice cream of chicken soup chicken broth and parmesan cheese ready in 10 minutes.
Add chicken broth and chicken. Pour mixture into a greased 913 baking dish. Condensed soups are often an ingredient in favorite holiday dishes or in our favorite traditional comfort foods and casseroles.
Here is how you can achieve it. Melt margarine and sauté onion carrot and celery in a large saucepan until tender. This easy chicken and rice recipe uses boneless chicken thighs and lots of herbs and spices.
Lightly pound especially thick chicken breasts so they are all even in thickness. Stir ingredients to combine. Add the broth chicken carrots.
I used these ingredients. Easy Steps To Making Chicken Rice Casserole. Check out my recipe for homemade gluten free cream of chicken soup.
Measure yellow saffron rice into a mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Classic chicken rice and broccoli casserole is usually made using Campbells cream of chicken soup.
Grease a 9×13 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Stir chicken broth in gradually.
How To Make Chicken & Rice Casserole In The Oven
Unlike a lot of recipes, you dont HAVE to use chicken breast in my recipe. In my family we actually usually use a whole chicken that has been cut up into the various pieces. Making chicken and rice casserole is SO easy you wont believe it! Her are the basic steps that you will take to make this chicken casserole .
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 °F.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except for the chicken pieces and the cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the chicken on top and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until the chicken reaches the desired temperature.
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s Ready To Serve Soup
Easy Chicken And Rice Soup
Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is the perfect soup recipe for those cold winter days! The creamy delicious flavors are so comforting. The chicken and rice make this soup so hearty and filling. Its a great option for dinner on a busy weeknight.
Better yet, its ready in under an hour, so its quick and easy to get on the table. It makes a big pot of soup, so there are usually leftovers. This is a great soup to eat leftovers, the flavors just get better and better!
Tips And Tricks For Making Chicken & Rice Casserole
- This can be a really affordable meal for your family as you can skip the chicken breasts and use cheaper cuts like chicken thighs and legs if you want. I find that chicken thighs cook up the best in this recipe as chicken breasts can dry out.
- If you use chicken breasts, make sure that you cover them with sauce and rice if you can to keep them from drying out.
- Use only the rice I specify, wild or brown rice will take too long and it wont cook on time.
- Skin on or skin off chicken is another choice that is up to you. The chicken skin doesnt crisp up so if you dont like the texture of soft chicken skin, then remove the skin and cook skinless.
- IF you want to keep the skin on and make it crispy simply place the chicken on top of the rice and soup mixture. It will crisp up more!
This chicken and rice casserole definitely hearkens from the days of canned soup mania and it has stayed popular to this day. If you are wanting the really retro taste, then you have to sprinkle crushed saltines or Ritz crackers on top at the end with the cheese. I love it that way!
Also Check: Chicken And Broccoli Casserole Recipes Campbells
How To Make Chicken And Rice:
Step one: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cooking rice according to package directions.
- Time Hack: I used instant white rice for this recipe to save myself some time. You can use any rice you enjoy for this recipe just prepare it first.
Step two: In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Once everything is mixed add this to a casserole dish.
Step three: Last all you need to fo is top the casserole with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.