When You Want An Indulgent Soup For Dinner
- Topped with oozy, melty Gruyére cheese, French Onion Soup has been and will always be one of my favorite dishes when it comes to decadent comfort food.
- Football season here we come. Im getting all the feels with this Beer Cheese Soup.
- Loaded with sausage and beef, plenty of herbs and garlic, and topped with a lava flow of mozzarella cheese, Lasagna Soup is easier to make than its oven-baked counterpart, and just as delicious.
Warm And Cozy Fall Soup Recipes
My favourite part of fall are the warm and cozy, comforting and hearty fall soups. I could literally eat soup all day every day this time of year. Today I am sharing my top 25 warm and cozy fall soup recipes, ranging from smooth and creamy soup, hearty and meaty soup, noodle soup and ramen and so much more. There are lots of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options to choose from as well.
It’s no surprise that this delicious and easy roasted butternut squash soup is the . This soup captures the taste of the holidays in one spoon. Rosemary, sage and thyme, need I say more? Serve with with a side of homemade ciabatta bread or crusty no knead bread for dipping.
Creamy roasted butternut squash and cauliflower soup has all the fall soup feels and is vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it’s super easy to make in a sheet pan and then puree. Serve it with some quick and easy green onion dinner rolls or skillet dinner rolls.
Change up your butternut squash soup game with butternut squash and apple soup with toasted croutons. Its got sweetness from apple and carrots, a kick from onions and curry powder, and its just all around comfort food without the guilt!
A Few Of Our Favorite Soup Pots
- If you’re looking to splurge, a good dutch oven is one of our all time favorites.
- For something a little less expensive we love a good cast iron pot. Plus, it’s great to take camping!
- If you’e looking for a pop of color, but don’t want to break the bank. We love these fun enamel pots!
- Are you a minimalist? We love the sleek design of this pot that is meant to be left out.
- When it comes to stainless steel All-Clad takes the cake.
- If you’re looking to upgrade to non-stick, this is our favorite set and it includes a nice soup pot!
- Don’t have an instant pot? Can we persuade you?
- Every home needs a good slow-cooker. Trust us.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
My Favorite Variations Of This Soup
This veggie soup has lots of possible variations. Here are a few of my favorites:
Add more protein by adding cooked or canned beans white beans, chickpeas, and black beans would be excellent.
For a soup with pasta, add pasta about 10 minutes before the soup has finished cooking.
Make it creamy and add a splash of cream, milk, or unsweetened dairy-free milk like coconut. You can also stir in a little bit of unsweetened yogurt or sour cream. We do something similar in this creamy veggie soup.
We love the combination of ground fennel, garlic, and red pepper flakes, but you can use other spices. Try Italian seasoning, Zaatar spice blend, Cajun seasoning, an Indian spice blend like curry powder, or chili powder .
Add in some extra veggies. The number of vegetables you add to the soup is up to you. Feel free to toss in a handful of other vegetables like cauliflower, summer squash, or corn.
Can I Make This Soup In A Crockpot
Yes. To make it in a crockpot saute onions, carrots, garlic for a few minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer. Add to slow cooker along with potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, herbs, broth, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender on high heat about 3 hours or low heat about 6 7 hours. Add peas and corn during the last 30 minutes.
Don’t Miss: Calphalon 4.5 Qt Soup Pot
Meatball Soup Yup Its A Thing
- This Italian meatball soup is everything we loveits as easy as soup + meatballs! A tomato-y broth, noodles and some mini Italian pork meatballs make for a hearty supper everyones gonna love.
- Healthy Italian Wedding Soup that is so healthy you wont feel guilty going back for seconds or thirds.
- This simple, delicious, Whole30-approved chicken meatball soup recipe is soothing, cozy and easy to make.
The Easy Way To Make Pho At Home
Here’s how to make pho soup at home.
If you haven’t had pho before, it’s a Vietnamese soup with thin-sliced beef, rice noodles, vegetables, and herbs. The star, though, is the beef broth, which has a slightly sweet edge that is a whole universe of taste unto itself.
Note: there are plenty of other more exotic meats that can go into pho but for today, let’s just talk about the basics.
Yes, You Can Make Pho At Home
You can go the long route and make the stock yourself. It’s pretty involved, but Chef John is here to show you how to make pho broth. He’s using beef shanks here in his Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho. For a richer stock, you could use the traditional oxtails.
The Easier Way to Make Homemade Pho
Or, you can go the simple route and buy the broth. I’ve used this pho broth from Pacific Foods before and it’s quite good.
How easy is it when you buy the stock? You can make this recipe 8 hours faster! Here’s how:
Isn’t that just pho-nominal?
Read Also: Healthiest Campbell Soup
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Sure, mushrooms are versatile, but I truly believe that they were put into this world to be turned into mushroom soup.
There is quite nothing like a warm bowl of cream of mushroom. Its rich, creamy, savory, and earthy. Its pure bliss.
Its also easy to make. You just throw in all the ingredients together, give it a good stir, and voila! Its heaven in a bowl!
Korean Spicy Noodle Soup
The Spruce / Danielle Moor
You won’t believe how easily this Korean-style noodle soup with beef or chicken comes together, with just a short list of ingredients. Kochujang adds a kick of heat to the warming, aromatic broth flavored with cabbage, scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil. A beaten egg stirred slowly into the soup is a simple trick for adding thickness.
Read Also: Where Is Lipton Onion Soup Mix In Walmart
How To Make Vegetable Soup
1. Rinse all the vegetables under running water and chop them finely. Make sure all the veggies are of the same size otherwise one turns mushy and the other underdone.
2. Chop ginger and garlic as well.
3. Heat oil in a pot. Saute ginger, garlic and spring onion greens for a minute or 2. If using bay leaf and cinnamon you can add them here first.
4. Add all the veggies.
5. Then add in cabbage or any other leafy greens.
6. Fry all of them on a high flame for 2 to 3 mins to bring out aroma.
7. Pour water or stock. I used water here.
8. Cover and cook until slightly tender.
9. Meanwhile in a separate bowl stir in cornstarch or arrow root powder with half cup water. Ensure it is lump free.
If using boiled potato, add it to a blender jar and pour half cup water. Puree to a smooth paste. I usually add 2 cups of water to the pot and then 1 cup for potato puree.
10. When the veggies turn slightly tender, pour the corn starch to the boiling vegetable soup. Stir continuously and cook until it turns slightly thick.
11. Add salt and sugar .
12. Add then crushed pepper. You can also add white pepper.
13. Turn off when the soup turns slightly thick. It thickens further after cooling. Very thick soup tastes starchy so do not thicken it a lot. The soup must be free flowing and not very thick.
I prefer to add apple cider vinegar when the soup cools down a bit. Taste the soup and add more salt if desired.
14. Add red chili flakes and more spring onion greens.
Favorite Autumn Soup Recipes
In Chicago, soup season lasts from September towell, way later than it should. I make soup recipes the whole way through, but I especially crave them now, in the heart of autumn. These 4 easy soup recipes are my favorites at this time of year. Theyre cozy, comforting, and filled with aromatic flavor from herbs like rosemary, sage, and thyme.
If you see a bunch of beautiful fall leeks at the farmers market or store, snatch them up to make this recipe. Its a lighter version of the classic soup, made with blended white beans instead of heavy cream.
Also Check: Potatoes Baked With Onion Soup Mix
Tomato Soup Times Three
- Im excited to make this Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup With Goat Cheese and invite all my friends over to enjoy it with me.
- This Tomato Bisque with Fried Cheese is the perfect update to the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup just in time for cold weather!
- This Creamy Tomato Soup is loaded with lean ground chicken, Italian seasonings and ultra-healthy cruciferous vegetables, and is magically low carb, fiber-rich, gluten free and ready in 30 minutes!
Want A Healthy Soup For Dinner Thats Also Delicious Weve Got You Covered
- If you love lentils, you’re going to love this Coconut Curry Lentil Soup! Creamy, rich broth loaded with veggies makes for a perfect 30-minute one-pot, vegan fall dinner.
- Warming fresh ginger, jalapeño, cumin and plenty of garlic make a spicy base for this hearty, sweet-savory African Peanut Soup recipe.
- This Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken, Chickpeas and Hearty Greens proves that delicious comfort food doesnt have to be bad for you.
- Our healthy, easy, slightly creamy Vegetable Curry Soup will bring some serious excitement to your weeknight meals this fall.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Vanessa said:That chicken enchilada soup looks amazing! And I think we can all relate to needing to change our eating habits as weve gotten older.
The View from Great Island
Lynda said: This soup is delicious and very easy to prepare. I highly suggest you add it to your recipe book.
Corn Chowder With Bacon
Cameron Whitman / Stocksy
When you crave a comforting, filling soup, make a big batch of this hearty corn chowder with bacon that’s ready to serve in about half an hour. You can easily substitute ham for the bacon if you’d like. Use thick-cut smoked bacon for a more intensely flavored soup.
Don’t Miss: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Have Msg
Feel Better Chicken Soup
Spicy Miso Ramen with your choice of Roasted Chili Salmon or Tofu, with bok choy, mushrooms and scallions. Vegan and Paleo adaptable- swap out zucchini noodles or kelp noodles to keep carbs low. If you cook one thing this week, let it be this!
A richly spiced Moroccan-inspired soup, full of flavor, nutrients and soul-warming color. Saffron, dried apricots and preserved lemon give this brothy Chicken Lentil Soup its depth. Easy to throw together, perfect for weeknight dinners.
Farmers Market Vegetable Soup- a simple healthy vegetable soup that is easy to make and loaded with healthy nutrients- a great way to use up all those farmers market veggies- carrots, cauliflower, green beans, bell pepper, corn, zucchini, or potatoes. Great for Sunday meal prep! Can be made in an Instant Pot!
Brothy Tortellini soup with Spinach, Basil & White beans a mouthwatering vegetarian soup that can be made in 25 minutes!
How To Make Homemade Soup
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 14 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 43,152 times.Learn more…
The earliest recorded appearance of soup dates as far back as 6000 BC. Soup is one of the simplest dishes you can make from home. With a little inspiration, it can also rank among the most delicious. Generally speaking, soups may be classified in one of two categories: clear soups and thick soups XResearch source Although there are countless specific recipes, most soups are made by similar processes and guidelines. Best of all– by making soup from home, you’ll have absolute authority over how your soup will taste!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
What Goes Into Tortellini Soup
The thing I love so much about tortellini soup is how versatile it is. We like to stick with a cheese-filled pasta and add the other ingredients to the soup. Buying a meat filled tortellini wouldnt be bad, but cheese creates a nice base flavor, plus it really compliments that creamy tortellini soup vibe.
While you could easily make a vegetarian tortellini soup, most of the recipes out there call for chicken or some version of sausage. We love the flavor of mild Italian sausage in our soups, so thats what weve added here.
Spicy Soups And Chili
Lasagna Soup This soup is hearty enough to be a meal by itself. Italian sausage adds bulk and spice to the soup. Complemented with red pepper flakes, it will add spice to your meal.
Thai Spicy Noodle Soup Skip the Thai takeout and make this flavour packed soup in your own kitchen. Sure to satisfy any noodle lover.
Chili You can never go wrong with a classic. Chili is one of those timeless dishes. Even better, this recipe is another way to skip the restaurant lineup.
Spicy Thai Coconut Curry Soup Anyone who likes a good curry will love this soup. Packed full of spice, it will warm you from the inside out.
Indian Mulligatawny Soup Full of flavour and heat, this soup will really spice up your meal routine.
Also Check: Is Aldi Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
What Vegetables Can I Put In The Soup
I generally use cabbage, carrots, beans, spring onions, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, Indian spinach , peas & sweet corn.
Apart from the veggies mentioned in the recipe you can also add about half cup Indian palak or baby spinach 2 to 3 fined chopped mushroomshalf cup broccoli or cauliflowerreplace cabbage with bok choy
You can pour 1 cup more water for every addition of veggies.
Hungarian Mushroom Soup For Every Occasion
Because its dreary outside, and you need a boost: Hungarian mushroom soup. Because youre craving something soul-warming and simple: Hungarian mushroom soup. Because you need dinner to be easy tonight: Hungarian mushroom soup. Because you need the meditative, familiar magic of some easy-going chopping and stirring: Hungarian mushroom soup.
Paprika-tinged and soothing, theres something uniquely cozy about this creamy mushroom soup. Theres a wholesomeness to a bowl of soup on a cold, rainyor snowynight. It warms you to cook it, it warms you to eat it, it warms the people you share it with. Bite by bite, the troubles of the day grow more distant. Meaty, earthy mushrooms are lifted up by the herbaceous lightness of dill and the subtle tang of sour cream, while a generous sprinkling of paprika turns the whole fragrant pot a blushing shade of pink. Hungarian mushroom soup is a cool-weather staple in our homes, and we hope itll become one in yours, too.
Don’t Miss: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Super Easy Pea And Mint Soup
The Spruce / Nyssa Tanner
Sweet, refreshing, and cooling, our pea and mint soup is a lovely addition to your repertoire. It makes an elegant starter soup for dinner parties, or an easy light lunch on warmer days, perhaps with some crusty baguette slices alongside. You can use fresh shelled peas when they are available, or frozen peas at other times of year.
More Soup Recipes We Cant Live Without
Split Pea Soup This is a classic soup that is guaranteed to warm up any cold and frosty evening. Add a hearty bread and you have a complete meal.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup This is a fancy sounding soup that is actually not hard to make. Impress your guests and family by serving up this delicious starter.
Italian Wedding Soup Despite the name, this soup is not just for weddings. It is a welcome addition to any special occasion. Or you can even indulge just because.
Roasted Carrot Soup Looking for a new way to serve carrots? This soup is just the answer you were seeking. A perfect way to spice up this vegetable.
Borscht The color of this soup alone will ensure that you make it more than once. It is both delicious and elegant. A winning combination!
Also Check: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Gluten Free