To Make Gluten Free Onion Dip
It’s beyond easy to make a delicious gluten free onion dip with this mix. Simply mix 18 ounces of sour cream with the onion soup mix. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine.
Gluten free onion dip would go really well with your favorite potato chips, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
How To Make Gluten
- Add the olive oil to a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced carrots and celery, stirring occasionally until tender, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the diced chicken pieces, onion powder, and dried thyme to the pot and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in gluten-free chicken broth and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the gluten-free pasta and reduce heat to a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat stir in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the soup to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave.
What Is The Best Type Of Gluten
My favorite brands of gluten-free pasta are Barilla gluten-free and Jovial. My favorite type of gluten-free pasta to use to make chicken noodle soup is rotini. I like how the noddle shape holds up in the soup.
I have also made this soup using gluten-free macaroni noodles, gluten-free penne pasta, gluten-free spaghetti, and Dynasty Maifun Rice Sticks .
The Barilla gluten-free Rotini noodles are also dairy-free and egg-free.
Don’t Miss: Roasted Corn And Poblano Soup
What Is The Best Onion To Use For This Soup
My favorite onion to use is a large sweet onion. Some stores have Hawaiian sweet onions. Their mellow sweetness adds to the caramelized flavor of this soup. You can also use red onion, which adds a deeper onion flavor.
Yellow onions are just okay…they give off an initial bitter taste, which my son didn’t like as much.
How Do You Make This Vegetable And Brown Rice Soup
Here are all the ingredients except the broth. Prepare the ingredients before starting the Instant Pot. Complete ingredient amounts and full instructions listed below in the recipe card.
Sauté the garlic, ginger, and onions before adding in the remaining ingredients.
Give the mix a good stir before cooking at high pressure for 20 minutes, allow 10 minutes of natural release before applying a quick release.
Open the Instant Pot and give it another stir. Youll find scrumptious, tender vegetables and brown rice soup ready to eat.
Add more broth to thin out the thick soup if you desire and taste for additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve it with a thick piece of bread or alongside a light salad.
Heres What Youll Need To Make The Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars:
Note, with each jar you will add a scoop of chicken or beef bone broth collagen plus hot water to fill the jar. Thats around 20 grams of protein per jar, Plus veggies. WOO!
JAR number one! A zoodle soup! Lasagna Noodle Soup thats LOW CARB!
- canned tomatoes with Italian spices
- zucchini spiralized or julienne-cut into large noodles
- handful of spinach leaves
- herbs and spices
- crumbled cheese
JAR number two! Thai Curry Rice Soup. Extra veggies and extra kick of Curry spice! Again low carb or swap out the cauliflower rice for cooked white rice if youd like.
- Cauliflower rice plus couple handfuls of shredded carrots
- green onion, chopped and cilantro!
- optional Thai peppers
- Ground ginger and curry paste
- Double the protein option! Add in leftover chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.
JAR number three! Southwest Black Bean Soup. Fiber packed with plant based protein as well!
- Cooked corn kernels
- Cooked black beans
- Sliced onion, bell pepper, celery
- garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Extra smokey flavor or meaty topping option: Uncured crumbled bacon
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Is:
- Colourful vegetables that are savoury , sweet , and have a mild bite .
- Tender, filling brown rice that more than doubles in size once it is cooked. It has a nuttier flavour than white rice.
- A generous amount of dried herbs which includes parsley, basil, rosemary, and thyme that are earthy and fragrant is added to give the soup another layer of flavour.
- The tomato paste adds a lovely rich savoury tomato flavour to the soup.
- Its nutritious and full of vitamins and minerals from the tasty fresh vegetables. For example, carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene , which assists in boosting immunity, eye health, and cell growth.
- The brown rice is full of fiber and high in nutrients such as manganese and selenium.
- Its a fantastic way to get back on track for eating a little bit healthier, especially if youre like me, have been eating too many sweets especially all the holiday desserts and snack mix.
The texture is thick and hearty:
- Its thickened using the natural starch from the rice. The rice absorbs all the delicious flavours as it cooks in the Instant Pot.
Quick and easy:
- Everything is made in one pot so clean-up is easy. The soup only requires 20 minutes of high pressure cooking for the the brown rice to be perfectly cooked and the vegetables to get nice and tender.
Makes a good amount of soup:
Vegan and gluten-free:
- A lovely meal to serve those with these dietary restrictions.
So comforting! Enjoy this filling soup recipe!
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Tomato Soup Walmart
Cooking The Instant Soups
Method 1: In the plastic bag. If you use quart freezer bags, they are sturdy and large enough to pour the boiling water directly into the bag. Give it a stir, seal the bag, and let it rest for 9 or 10 minutes. I recommend putting the bag on a plate or bowl to give it a foundation . Open, stir, and eat. Easy!
Method 2: In a covered bowl. The main advantage of eating directly from the bag is that there is less clean-up. But it’s a lot easier to eat soup from a bowl or mug. That’s what King-Man prefers. Pictured below is one we found that is an insulated nesting bowl, mug and lid. It is lightweight and made specifically for backpacking. It was cold where he was hiking, so those features help keep the soup warm while the ingredients soaked in the hot water.
view on Amazon: insulated nesting bowl and mug
Method 3. In microwave-safe soup mugs. These are not for the trail, but are good options if you are making these instant soups at the office or in a dorm or hotel room. You can add the instant ingredients to the mugs along with the water and microwave them until they boil, cover them and let them rest until the ingredients have all softened. Or, boil the water separately and pour it into the mug with the instant ingredients stir and let rest for 9 or 10 minutes. I have used both of the soup mugs linked below both worked well.
How To Make Baked Tofu
I make baked tofu all the time for dinner, and serve it in all sorts of ways that everyone in my family loves. Of course, you can eat any tofu raw right out of the package, and I love it like that, but I think most people prefer it cooked.
I always begin with extra firm tofu, and my favorite brand is Trader Joes. Their extra firm tofu is packed in water, as all tofu is, but its super dense so its very easy to squeeze most of the water out of it with nothing more than a paper towel.
If your extra firm tofu is more porous, you might want to press out the moisture. You can use either a tofu press or place it in a few layers of towels on a plate and pressed with something heavy like a book or canned goods. Either method is really time-consuming and annoying, but effective.
After removing the moisture, simply slice the tofu into chunks, toss them with a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil, add kosher salt to taste, toss again, and spread into an even layer on a nonstick or lined baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes.
Be careful not to bake the tofu for so long that it becomes crunchy through to the middle. You only want a crust on the outside of the tofu. If youre very, very patient, you can flip the pieces of tofu halfway through baking, so it crisps evenly on both sides. I am not very, very patient.
Recommended Reading: Egg Drop Soup Mix Walmart
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
I just love recipes where you can throw it all in ONE pot, turn it on and be done. Well, this is one of those recipes and it tastes great too!
Its really simple to make my pressure cooker chicken and wild rice soup, so here are a few cooking tips and step by step instructions for you, the full recipe with directions is at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links
Is Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
One of the questions I get most often is how someone can tailor a recipe to fit their dietary needs. And I’m not gonna lie y’all, I really don’t like to go there. There are just too many factors in health-specific diets that there is no possible way I can be an expert in them all, and let’s be real, I’m just a cook – not a doctor or a certified nutritionist. Many store-bought onion soup mixes are not gluten free. But this recipe is!
Read Also: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup Can
Why Should I Make My Own Spice Mixes
As someone who cannot eat gluten, I learned that many spice blends and flavoring mixes contain gluten.
Making your own mixes allows you to control everything that goes in, so you’ll know that it’s safe for you and your family to eat, and that kind of peace of mind is priceless.
Speaking of price, making your own spice and soup mixes will save you money too. The markup on pre-mixed spices is can be significant.
Are Instant Soups Healthy
With a rare exception here and there, most instant soup cups that you buy at the store are NOT at all healthy. They are full of artificial ingredients and food coloring, packed with sodium, and unhealthy starches.
My Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein are a great option for those who want a healthy lunch to go or meal to go. They are packed with protein, but no meat is needed!
So, I bet youre wondering how to make protein-packed instant soup without meat, am I right? Its SO easy, thanks to the protein power of collagen found in Vital Proteins bone broths! Their bone broth collagen comes in two flavors free range chicken bone broth and grass fed beef collagen bone broth!
There are a lot of ways to add bone broth collagen to recipes.
In addition to the nutritional boost that you get from bone broth, there are also healing benefits to bone broth. Bones are packed with collagen, some anti-inflammatory amino acids, minerals, and compounds that help the body heal from injuries and leaky gut.
Don’t Miss: Amy’s Organic Minestrone Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Published: · Updated: Dec 1, 2020 by Aneesha · This post may contain affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases ·
Hearty, delicious broth flavored with aromatics, herbs and seasoning, fall-apart tender chicken, hearty vegetables and gluten-free noodles, this is the ultimate homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, made from scratch in the Instant Pot!
This delicious and comforting chicken soup is the easiest, quickest, and best homemade Chicken Noodle Soup I have ever made using my pressure cooker, Instant Pot! You know a soup is awesome when it feels like a warm hug!
“Only the pure of heart can make good soup” Beethoven
Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my all-time favorites. I still remember, when I was a new mom, I used to make this twice a week, it felt so comforting to me. Maybe that’s why my kids love it so much . I just wish I had the Instant Pot at that time, it would have saved me a lot of precious time.
Once you make this soup in your pressure cooker, you’ll never make it any other way. Here’s why:
- It’s easy and quite a hands-off recipe.
- Full of vegetables and bone-in chicken, this soup is hearty, healthy and very satisfying
- With a switch of one ingredient , you can make it Gluten-free. Or easily swap that with your favorite egg noodles too.
- You’ll be amazed what 10 minutes of pressure cooking time does to this soup. The broth becomes infused with all the herbs and aromatics, creating a delicious flavor foundation for this soup.
How To Make Vegetable Soup In The Slow Cooker:
- Start by sautéing the onion, carrots, and celery in a large skillet over medium-high for 7 to 8 minutes, until soft. Next, add garlic, tomato paste, cumin, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and red pepper flakes cook 3 more minutes, stirring often, until aromatic.
- Transfer mixture to a 5- to 6- quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray, and add remaining soup ingredients . Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours, until veggies are tender. Uncover lid and stir in greens let stand, covered, for 30 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
Don’t Miss: Calphalon 4.5 Qt Soup Pot
How To Caramelize Onions:
The first step is to melt a stick of butter in a pan.
Add the onions and sauté 5 minutes until the onions become soft.
Add coconut sugar and spices. I normally wouldn’t add sugar to a soup recipe, but the sugar helps the onions caramelize. Cover and allow the onions to cook for 20 minutes, or until they are caramelized like the next picture.
Add the caramelized onions to a soup pot.
Pour in the beef broth. Add two bay leaves and thyme. Cover and allow to simmer for one hour.
Use a ladle to fill bowls with the gluten free French onion soup.
This is my favorite part. Grab a bag of Milton’s Gluten Free Sea Salt Crackers. Take about 4 or 5 crackers and place them on top of the onion soup.
Top with a thick slice of gruyere cheese. Place the soup bowls in a baking dish and place under a broiler until the cheese gets all melty.
More Delicious Gluten Free Soup Recipes to Try:
Did You Make This Recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag it #cottercrunch
So tell me friends, are you ready to start 2019 with NEW health goals, new meal prep ideas, new focus? Maybe bone broth is your new best friend.
Too soon to tell? Nah, just getting you prepared. Ponder that question or reply in comments. Mmmm k?
But wait, theres more! This recipe is part of our10 BEST OF FOOD ALLERGY FRIENDLY LUNCH BOX IDEAS.
Head on over to the page to check out more recipes!
Recommended Reading: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe
Shortcuts For Making Chicken Noodle Soup
- I make my own gluten-free chicken broth by using Orrington Farms Chicken Flavored Broth Base.
- You can use any type of cut-up chicken you prefer. I often use boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- You can use leftover chicken to make the soup. I often use leftover shredded chicken. I have a super easy recipe for Gluten-Free Rotisserie Style Shredded Chicken.
- You can use gluten-free rotisserie chicken to save time. Always check the labels of the store-bought rotisserie chicken because some of the seasonings are not gluten-free. I like Costcos rotisserie chicken.
- I keep lemon juice concentrate in my refrigerator at all times.