Is Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup Vegetarian
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheddar soupvegetariansoup
. Correspondingly, which Panera soups are vegetarian?
Your four main options are the low-fat vegetarian garden vegetable soup with pesto, the low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, the vegetarian creamy tomato and the vegetarian summer corn chowder. Yellow beans add protein to the veggie soup, while the corn chowder is filling thanks to the skin-on red potatoes.
One may also ask, is Costco broccoli cheddar soup vegetarian? These days I started buying the Broccoli cheese soup from Costco as it has no chicken stock and completely vegetarian. It enhances the taste of the soup.
Besides, is Panera 10 vegetable soup vegetarian?
Panera Debuted Its First New Soup in 3 Years, & It’s Vegan. According to Panera’s website, the 10–vegetable soup is made with tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, poblano peppers, corn, garlic and Swiss chard.
Is the broccoli cheddar soup at Panera healthy?
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar SoupWhile this soup tastes like Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup, it is NOT as high in fat or calories. And it does NOT take over an hour to makeonly 30 minutes!
Why Make This Recipe
- This Panera Bread copycat recipe makes it easy to have restaurant-quality soup right at home. To make it more like Panera Bread’s, only puree half of the soup.
- The pressure cooker takes the guesswork out of everything and cooks allowing you to be freed up for other things.
- The texture is smooth, creamy, and velvety making it hearty and satisfying.
- This broccoli and cheese soup is also freezer-friendly which makes it a great option for meal prep.
Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Who loves Panera?
The first time I had was years ago in Chicago, and Im so glad its made its way to Arizona!
One of my favorite soups from there is their Broccoli & Cheese Soup so good !! Yes, well still go and dine in, but now I can make the soup at home ANY TIME I want to because this recipe tastes JUST like it!! WOO HOO!
If youre obsessed with this soup like us, then I think youll be just as excited as we are. I think Ill make some next week and serve it in sourdough bread bowls!! In fact, well probably stop by Panera and pick up a few of their bread bowls since I have a hard time finding them at the grocery store.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Casserole Dishes
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It tastes just like the Panera original! This broccoli cheddar soup will remind you of the restaurant classic, except you control what goes into it!
- You can make lighter changes, depending on any special diets. You can use heavy cream, or lighter cream, to your taste.
- It’s a GREAT way to get the kids to eat their veggies. You might be bribing them with cheese, but that’s not important.
Recipe Tips And Notes
- Chop small broccoli florets: so theyll cook in time. Make sure theyre even-sized pieces, too, and dont forget the stems .
- To change the texture: adjust how much of the veggies you process depending on how chunky vs. smooth youd prefer the soup to be. Note that if you leave it completely unblended, youll likely need to add a cornstarch slurry to thicken the soup .
- Serve in warm bowls: that way, the soup will stay warm for longer. You can heat them in the microwave or oven.
- Dont add the dairy too soon: otherwise, it can cause the soup to separate/curdle.
- For more flavor: make sure to caramelize the veggies until lightly browned to bring out the natural sugars and flavors and add depth to the broccoli potato cheese soup.
Read Also: Condensed French Onion Soup Gluten Free
News Result For Panera Summer Corn Soup Recipe
33 Vegetarian Soups to Keep You Cozy All Year RoundYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Here’s the Hidden Meaning Behind the Panera LogoYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Best of San Antonio: FoodYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
San Antonio Current
6 Best Tomato Sauce Substitutes You Might Already Have In The PantryYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
We Tried And Ranked A Ton Of Trader Joe’s Heat-And-Eat Meals, From Frozen Chicken Tikka Masala To French Onion Mac And CheeseYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Best ArepasYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Miami New Times
Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day at these 10 Taunton area restaurantsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Amish Kitchen: Early springtime fun with the grandchildren and more beefYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
What Flight Attendants Eat To Feel Their Best While TravelingYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Bellante’s Pizza & PastaYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Miami New Times
When Baltimore neighborhood grocery stores sold local food, drink productsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This copycat version of my favorite Panera broccoli cheddar soup absolutely hits the mark. It has the same texture and flavor as the original, and I think it might even taste a little bit better. It starts with a creamy base for the soup. Then, its combined with sharp cheddar cheese, broccoli, and carrots, along with some onion and a kick of Slap Ya Mama sauce for just a touch of spice. All of it comes together to create a rich, creamy, and oh, so cheesy broccoli cheddar soup that will have everyone begging for more.
Read Also: Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken And Rice Recipe
Blend The Broccoli Soup
Use an immersion blender or regular blender/food processor to carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
When using the latter, make sure to leave the chute open to allow steam to escape and dont overfill the machine. If yours has no chute, then use a clean kitchen towel to hold the lid down while blending, lifting it occasionally to allow the steam to escape this is important!
Once blended, add the cheese into the soup and stir it in over low heat until fully melted.
Add the cream and stir it in. Then, finally, give the broccoli potato cheese soup a final taste test and adjust any seasonings to your liking then serve and enjoy!
How To Make Paneras Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Met the 1/4 cup butter and sautee the onions in it until soft. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
Whisk in the half & half and chicken stock.
Add the broccoli and carrots. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
Add salt and pepper. You can leave the soup chunky or blend about 1 cup of the soup and stir it in for a smoother soup . Return to low heat and add the cheese. If your heat is too high your soup can get grainy. Stir in the nutmeg if desired.
Also Check: Keto Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup Vegetarian
Believe it or not, Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheddar soup is not vegetarian! Why is this since the soup should not have anything obviously meaty in there? That is because its stock is made with “Chicken meat including chicken juices…chicken fat ” .
Creating this soup with a vegetable stock will give vegetarians more variety to choose from, especially as the Black Bean soup will soon be leaving the menu, leaving only Tomato and Autumn Squash.
Let’s take a delicious soup and make it available for both meat-eaters and vegetarians alike!
Is Paneras Broccoli Cheddar Mac And Cheese Vegetarian
Besides being vegetarian, its got no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors and neither are there any artificial preservatives. Besides producing delicious cheesy treats, it could also be used for making primaveras that go well with summery vegetables or gruyere mac and cheeses cups with crispy baked corn.
Also Check: Pillsbury Recipes Pot Pie
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Instant Pot broccoli cheddar soup is ready in around 25 minutes from scratch for a quick and simple mid-week meal!
The Broccoli And Cheddar Soup Ingredients
This easy broccoli cheddar soup requires just a handful of pantry-friendly, simple ingredients.
- Broccoli: make sure the broccoli heads are fresh, dark green, and unblemished for the best flavor. You can also use frozen broccoli .
- Cheddar cheese: use a block of cheddar, not pre-shredded, so it melts smoothly into the potato cheddar broccoli soup. I recommend using a medium cheddar for the best flavor, but mature/sharp cheddar cheese would also work well but be more robust.
- Garlic: I used fresh garlic cloves. Adjust the amount to taste. For additional garlic flavor at the end, you can add a pinch of garlic powder or garlic olive oil when serving.
- Vegetables: the addition of potato is added for thickness and body. Leek and onion will add further body and subtle sweetness and depth to the vegetarian broccoli cheddar soup.
- Stock: I use homemade lightly salted vegetable broth/stock . Chicken broth will also work if you arent vegetarian.
- Butter: use unsalted butter or olive oil for sauteing the vegetables. For an oil-free version, use a splash of stock instead, though the vegetables wont caramelize as much.
- Cream: use heavy cream for the creamiest results, though half and half or even light cream will work. Coconut cream would also work but will affect the flavor subtly. For a lighter option, you could use crème fraiche or yogurt instead.
- Seasoning: youll need salt and black pepper PLUS a pinch of chili powder .
Recommended Reading: Anderson Split Pea Soup Where To Buy
Chefs Tips For Best Results
- Blender: We recommend using an immersion blender as this is a one pan meal, it will help avoid unnecessary messes and spills, as well as it is also helpful to avoid burns. However, if you do not have an immersion blender, thats perfectly fine. A standard blender will also work. If using a standard blender, it is best to work in batches for best results.
- Cheese: When it comes to cheese, avoid using pre-shredded cheese as this may make the soup grainy. It is best to use a good quality sharp cheddar cheese and grate it yourself. This will make the soup rich, thick, and creamy.
- Add Crunch: Be sure to set aside about ¼ cup of broccoli florets to add to the soup for texture. If youd like it crunchy add uncooked broccoli toward the end about 5 minutes before serving. This will provide some crunchiness to the soup.
- Texture: Leave some texture when blending. Best to blend a few times and leaving a few chunks of broccoli and carrots for texture.
- Use fresh ingredients: Use fresh herbs and garlic. This will provide depth of flavor.
- Be mindful of the liquid: If broth isnt something youd use, opt in for water. Water will also allow you to have more control of the sodium thats added.
- Dont skip the allspice. This is one of the key ingredients in this soup and its a secret ingredient. This will add a robust earthy, nutty, flavor.
Looking For More Soup Or Broccoli Recipes
Lasagna Soup This is a delicious and hearty soup with all the classic ingredients in lasagna. So filling and a family favorite soup recipe.
Broccoli Mashed Potato Bake This mashed potato bake is packed with broccoli, bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and more, and makes a delicious side dish recipe that goes great with chicken, beef, and pork.
And, here is a delicious Ham Broccoli Rice Casserole from our other blog, Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you might enjoy as well.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Chicken And Rice Casserole
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
I recently moved to Utah, and we are in the middle of winter. The snow has been a little bit of a shock to our systems for my family, seeing that weve spent the last few years in a temperate climate. We love it, but goodness, it is cold! I do not love driving in it, though.
I have found that we have been eating A LOT of soup this winter. We have some favorites that we love to get when were out and about.
One of them being the Broccoli Cheese Soup from Panera. But remember how I just said I do not love driving in the snow? What am I to do when I have a craving for one of my favorite soups, and it is snowing outside?
Well, I decided to come up with a copycat recipe of my favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup from Panera. The best part of this soup is that it takes less time to make this recipe than it takes actually to drive to Panera and come home, score!
My love of this soup led me to create a recipe with my own spin on it to share with my family and now with you. I really do love creating recipes that my family will enjoy.
I hope you will make this version of Paneras Broccoli Cheese Soup for you and your family and friends to share the love with them.
Minute Panera Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Image credit: Gimme Delicious on Youtube
Once in a while, or sometimes most of the time, we crave a good, healthy, hot soup. If you are craving some, let me share with you this 30 mins cooking time broccoli cheddar soup that I found posted by Gimme Delicious on YouTube. This soup is packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese, all we are looking for in a great soup.
- 4 tablespoons butter ½ stick
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp paprika or ground nutmeg, optional
- 3 cups of broccoli florets or 1 large head, cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot grated, finely chopped
- 2 cups half & half or milk or light or heavy cream
- 8 oz block of grated cheddar cheese
Prepare all the needed ingredients.
Chop 3 cups of broccoli florets into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
Place a pan over medium-high heat and add 4 tbsp of butter and ½ cup of chopped medium-sized onion. Sauté until the butter melts. Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic and continue sauteing for another minute. Then, pour in 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour and stir until well combined. While continuously stirring, gently pour in 2 cups of veggie stock. Continue stirring until the ingredients are well incorporated.
Place a tight lid on the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Then, pour in half and half of 2 cups of milk or heavy cream.
Serve hot, and make sure to enjoy every bite!
Also Check: Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie With Cream Of Potato Soup
Is This Paneras Broccoli Cheddar Soup Gluten
Part of the thickening agent in this soup is the flour in the roux. Theres only 1/4 cup and you can definitely leave it out but your soup will not be as thick. You can thicken it at the very end if needed by creating a cornstarch slurry.
Add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch to a small bowl and add water until it forms a paste. Whisk in this mixture at the end of cooking to thicken up the soup.
How To Thicken Broccoli Cheddar Soup
For this Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, we used flour to thicken it. In our expert broccoli cheddar soup opinion, a roux tastes so much better than corn starch and does the job to thicken it as well.
If you want your soup thicker, you can add more flour, but believe us 1/2 cup should do the trick!
Can I swap the flour for a different flour? The only other flour we suggest swapping all-purpose for in this recipe is white whole wheat flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Recommended Reading: Types Of Soup At Olive Garden
All About The Cheddar
Our #1 tip for this soup is to use freshly grated cheddar cheese. Thats right, we suggest buying a block of yellow cheddar cheese and shredding it yourself.
We find that freshly shredded cheese melts and mixes so much better in this soup than pre-shredded cheese.
What kind of cheddar cheese should I use? We used sharp yellow cheddar cheese, but youre more than welcome to use white cheddar cheese or even a cheddar blend.
Tips For Making The Creamiest Vegan Broccoli Soup:
- Using a combination of broth, almond and coconut milk gives you a creamy consistency.
- Turmeric, paprika and nutritional yeast contribute to a cheesy, cheddar-like color. You can skip one or the other, but dont leave out all three.
- Dont skimp on the salt. Cheese is naturally salty, so when youre missing it, youre missing out on that saltiness. Dont be afraid to add enough salt to make it taste right.
Also Check: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
What To Serve With Dairy
In lieu of a gluten-free bread bowl, serving this healthy broccoli cheddar soup in a bowl with some carby accompaniments is just as good. Serve it up with some crusty gluten-free garlic bread or biscuits or make it an appetizer to a cozy dinner. You can even enjoy it as a soup and salad lunch or add in some leftover gluten-free pasta, rice, or potatoes to get your fill! From appetizer, side dish, lunch, or entree, you can enjoy this creamy soup any time of day!