Best Ever Chicken And Rice Casserole
March 9, 2020 by Kristin
This BEST EVER Chicken and Rice Casserole is a one pan meal that is full of tender chicken and creamy rice, all baked together to perfection!
In my family, casseroles are a big hit! From my Chicken Parmesan Casserole, to my Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, and now this tasty dish.my family loves them all!
Last week, I was in one of those moods where I knew I had to make dinner, had the time to prepare dinner, but lacked motivation. I call it a lazy moment. I had thawed some already cooked chicken from my freezer, but didnt know what I planned to do with it.
After taking a look through my pantry, browsing , and using some brainstorming.this casserole came about and I sure am glad it did!
I was able to have it prepped in under ten minutes. I simply tossed in the oven, roasted some veggies while it cooked, and once done.dinner was on the table!
The chicken was tender and flavorful, the rice was cooked perfectly, and when combined.it was a hearty comfort food dish the entire family enjoyed!
This makes a 9×13 baking pan, so plenty for leftovers.which are just as good reheated!
I highly recommend making this for company! It makes plenty and will be a hit with all! This is a great option to make for a family member/friend that needs dinner brought to them too!
Simply add some veggies or a salad to this and dinner is served! Let me know how this BEST EVER Chicken and Rice Casserole turns out! I love hearing feedback!
Can You Put Raw Chicken In A Casserole
Many casserole recipes call for cooked chicken as well as other cooked ingredients like rice, vegetables, and pasta. This is because the casserole doesn’t cook long enough to cook the ingredients they are simply being warmed through until bubbly.
Some chicken and rice casserole recipes, like this one, add uncooked rice and chicken and bake the covered dish for about an hour, until all ingredients are completely cooked. It’s best to use a thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature and taste test the rice to make sure it is tender before serving.
Tips For The Best Chicken And Rice Casserole With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Cooking for a smaller family? Cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square dish. The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.
- Alternatively, you can divide the casserole ingredients between two 8-inch square baking dishes. Bake one now, and freeze the other for a later meal.
- Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken for an easy, quick-prep solution. The rotisserie chicken also adds a lot of flavor to the dish.
- Try microwaveable packets of rice for another shortcut, or use leftover rice from a previous meal.
- Use full-fat sour cream for the best flavor and texture.
- Bake the casserole just until it’s heated through. All of the ingredients are already cooked, so you just want to warm it in the oven until bubbly. Don’t bake it for too long or it may dry out or get burned on top.
Read Also: Lipton Pot Roast Recipe Oven
How Do You Make Chicken And Rice Casserole
The other thing I love about this dish is that it can be made in one pan. The rice and soup mixture gets stirred together in the pan, then the chicken goes on top and gets drizzled with butter and seasonings. You may be wondering why this dish includes butter since it also has creamy soup. The butter helps the chicken brown during the last part of the baking process, and it adds such great flavor to the rice! I season my chicken with salt, pepper and a little smoked paprika. If you have a favorite seasoning blend that would also be great on the chicken.
This chicken and rice casserole works best with bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces. If you use something like boneless skinless chicken breasts, theyll dry out during the long bake time. I prefer to use dark meat chicken, like chicken thighs, drumsticks or legs. Here Ive used a combination of thighs and drumsticks so that theres something for everyone!
Using Brown Or Wild Rice
These varieties take longer to cook and requires more liquid than white long grain rice.
- Refer to the package for the required amount of liquid and cooking time and adjust the amount of chicken broth that you use per package instructions. You want 2 cups of cooked rice at the end.
- You can also cook the rice separately, consider adding a bouillon cube to the water to add some additional flavor.
Also Check: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Chicken Casserole Recipes With Rice And Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Easiest way to make yummy chicken casserole recipes with rice and cream of mushroom soup, Creamy and comforting, that’s what these recipes with cream of mushroom soup are. Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food. And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup.
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken – Slow Cooker Gourmet from default-mygourmetcreatio.netdna-ssl.com
Often, the simplest things are the most satisfying, especially when it comes to making a delicious lunch or dinner. Learn how to turn two staple ingredients into a bowlful of goodness. The mouthwatering dish is easy to prepare and features some of our favorite comfort foods: Every time i make it, it receives many compliments. From green bean casserole to apple pie, hearty, warming dishes are a big part of what makes this time of year so special. Grilling meat reduces the fat because it drips out while you cook. Home recipes ingredients meat & poultry chicken our brands And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Stephanie 707Read more »Jump to RecipeJump to Video
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole includes homemade condensed or Campbells Soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a buttery, crunchy Ritz topping. Cook up some fresh chicken or use Rotisserie!
Be sure to try my other rice casserole recipes using ham and broccoli,sausage and peppers, or ground beef and mushrooms. or chicken cordon bleu next!
Are you ready for the ultimate comfort food recipe? My family and I have been eating this chicken and rice casserole for years now. Who needs to separate chicken, rice, and broccoli when you can whip up a creamy casserole?!
This recipe is one of my favorite freezer foods. Im pretty sure readers come back for this recipe more than any other. Once you try it, youre pretty much hooked.
You can make it with chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, and I even have a ham and a ground beef version!
Read Also: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
- Broccoli Cheddar Chicken & Rice Casserole: Replace the mushroom soup with 1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup and 2 cups chopped broccoli florets .
- Pork Chops: Make this a pork chop bake with boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin cut in thin slices. Be sure to cut them thin enough so they cook all the way through without needing to add time.
- Vegetables: For a one pan dinner, add up to 2 cups diced mixed vegetables, either fresh, canned, or frozen. Try frozen broccoli, green beans, fresh mushrooms, peas, corn kernels, or bell peppers.
- Chicken: You can use boneless chicken thighs or bone-in chicken pieces, with or without the skin. For bone-in chicken, increase time to 1 ½ hours and nestle the chicken pieces in the between the rice mixture.
MORE DELICIOUS CASSEROLE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Chicken and Rice Casserole needs to be stored in the refrigerator or freezer after 2 hours at room temperature.
- Store: Cool casserole dish completely before transferring to an airtight container or covering dish tightly with plastic wrap to store. Refrigerate for up to 3 days and reheat in the oven on low heat, covered with foil.
- Freeze: Once cooled, store Chicken and Rice Casserole covered tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, or in a freezer safe container. Freeze casserole for up to 3 months. Reheat from frozen if in baking dish, covered with foil, or thaw overnight and reheat in oven safe dish.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Creamy And Comforting That’s What These Recipes With Cream Of Mushroom Soup Are
The spruce / diana rattray chicken and rice soup is a comforting and filling dish that is easy to make, ke. Grilling meat reduces the fat because it drips out while you cook. It’s warm, delicious and soothes your body on cold winter days. The calorie content is also lower than fried food, which helps you manage your weight and improves your health. Grilled chicken is easy, quick and healthy food. And almost nothing is simpler than cabbage soup. Home recipes ingredients meat & poultry chicken our brands Every time i make it, it receives many compliments. Then check out these 5 recipes using cream of mushroom soup. From green bean casserole to apple pie, hearty, warming dishes are a big part of what makes this time of year so special. Home recipes cooking style comfort food our brands There’s nothing more comforting than chicken and rice soup, and it’s the perfect soup to enjoy when you’re feeling under the weather. Homesoupschicken soupschicken & rice soups very good soup, i made it without the mushrooms as i don’t like them. Our granddaughters have been making this soup for years.all the kids loved itdespite the chopped onion!tracy fischler, tallahassee, florida homedishes & beveragessoupsbroth & stock recipes ausome it’s simple and good. Dried thyme and tarragon add much flavor to this hearty soup.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Does Covering A Baked Chicken And Rice Casserole Make It Cook Faster
Some chicken and rice casseroles call for raw rice and utilize the steam from the cooking process to cook the rice, and for casseroles like that, youd definitely need to tightly cover the casserole. This creamy chicken and rice casserole, on the other hand, calls for already cooked rice, so there isnt a reason to keep it covered while its in the oven. Covering it would actually just keep the top crumble from crisping.
Chicken And Rice Casserole
This easy Chicken and Rice Casserole with Cream of Mushroom Soup and shredded rotisserie chicken is a simple, delicious, and comforting dinner that you can make ahead. The recipe takes advantage of a few shortcuts for quick prep, but adds herbs and vegetables for plenty of fresh flavor. Serve the casserole with a simple green salad, biscuits, or a loaf of crusty bread to round out the meal!
You May Like: Potato Soup Recipe With Frozen Hash Browns And Cream Cheese
How To Make Creamy Chicken Casserole With Rice
The process is really easy and straightforward. Its made EVEN easier, though, if youre using brown rice thats already been cooked . Heres the full process:
Chicken And Rice Casserole With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
I’ve shared quite a few different chicken and rice casserole recipes over the years — from dump-and-bake options to made-from-scratch dishes — but this particular dinner is definitely one of my favorites! It wins major points for ease , but doesn’t sacrifice fresh, homemade taste. While cream of mushroom soup is a simple base, the meal really gets its flavor from sautéed mushrooms, onions and celery, along with herbs like chives, parsley and thyme. You also can’t beat a crunchy, buttery, Ritz cracker and French fried onion topping. This is your grandmother’s old school chicken and rice casserole — elevated!
You May Like: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
How To Cook Chicken For A Casserole
While it’s possible to cook a casserole with raw chicken, you’ll need cooked chicken for this recipe, and a variety of options will work. Pick the most convenient method for you:
- Rotisserie Chicken: This is a great shortcut! Purchase a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred the meat, and use in the recipe as instructed. One chicken should yield at least 3 cups of meat.
- Boiled and Pulled Chicken: Boil about 1½ lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs until cooked through . When cool enough to handle, chop or pull the chicken. I find that 1½ lbs. of chicken breasts yields about 3 cups of pulled chicken.
- Leftover Chicken: If you have leftover grilled or baked chicken from a previous meal, put those extras to good use in this casserole.
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Expect 8 small or 6 thighs per package. Buy what you need for your family-hearty appetites may prefer 2 thighs while light eaters will be satisfied with one.
- tip 2 Swap the water called for in the recipe for Progresso chicken broth for even more flavor.
- tip 3 We recommend using chicken thighs in this recipe for best results. If you use chicken breasts, you may need to adjust bake time.
- tip 4
You May Like: Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Cream Of Chicken Soup
How Do You Store Chicken Rice Casserole
Youve got a few options here! If you still have a lot of casserole left, feel free to cover your dish with a tight fitting lid or aluminum foil and store it in the refrigerator that way. If you just have a serving or two left, though, Id recommend transferring it to a smaller airtight storage container , and again, storing it in the fridge.
Mushroom Soup Chicken & Rice Casserole
I have been eating this mushroom soup chicken and rice casserole for as long as I can remember. This recipe has chicken pieces of your choice that are baked up in a creamy mushroom soup and rice casserole, with cheese on top! Oh, and my Grandma would always sprinkle crushed saltine crackers on top as well, an awesome retro touch!
You May Like: Campbell’s French Onion Soup Gluten Free
What Kind Of Rice To Use
For this chicken and rice casserole, I like to use medium or long grain white rice. The recipe assumes the rice requires approximately 1 1/2 cups of liquid per cup of rice to cook. Some rice varieties, such as brown rice, require more liquid . Adjust recipe accordingly.
Basmati rice also works in this recipe, and there’s no need to adjust the cooking time.
Chicken And Rice For The Soul
Dont stress over Monday night dinner! With hectic schedules, long commutes, and less time to spend with the family, easy, baked recipes are becoming all the more necessary. Were here to help ease the pressure with an ideal chicken and rice casserole thats perfect for todays modern lifestyle.
Our Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole Bake is not just simple to make, its also the ultimate weekday comfort food. With spiced chunks of tender chicken and savory, velvety rice, this casserole will keep you full and your tastebuds feeling satisfied.
This dish gets some of its delicious flavor from a can of cream of mushroom soup. It also has 2 teaspoons of paprika, as well as some garlic and onion powder. This combination is the ultimate base for this homemade chicken and rice masterpiece.
The base is then combined with 2 bags of Success® White Rice or Success® Brown Rice and chicken broth. Then, top this with your prepped chicken pieces and some of the paprika for added flavor. Once everything is ready, simply toss the casserole in the oven. Dinner doesnt get much easier than that!
Read Also: Loaded Baked Potato Soup With Hash Browns
Easy Chicken And Rice Casserole
Is there anything more comforting than a chicken & rice casserole? We actually don’t think so. It’s the type of recipe we turn to time after time again during the fall and winter. If you’d rather sub in chicken breasts, you totally can we just love thighs for their flavour and crispy skin. Here’s why this is the casserole of our dreams:
1. You don’t even have to dirty a pan. This is a literal dump ‘n bake recipe: You put the uncooked rice and onion, stock, and cream of mushroom soup into a casserole dish and then top with the chicken thighs.
2. It only dirties ONE dish. Seriously, how could you go back to a normal recipe after this? By layering ingredients in the baking dish, you won’t have to bust out a skillet or bowl. Which makes this casserole perfect for a lazy Tuesday when calling up pizza delivery is all too tempting.
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish