How To Make Pot Roast And Onion Gravy
- 1Sprinkle salt & pepper over the roast on both sides and place in a foil lined roasting pan.
- 2Mix cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix together and spread over roast and around sides.
- 3Flip roast. Arrange onions around the roast and wrap in foil.
- 4Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 4-5 hours.
- Last Step: Dont forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And dont forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Dont Miss: Potato Soup With Hash Browns Weight Watchers
Build Recipes Using Ingredients On Hand
Read Also: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
How To Make Lipton Onion Burgers With Ground Beef
Could also use Beefy Onion, Onion Mushroom, Savory Herb with Garlic or Ranch Soup Mix. Join the conversation! AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, soup mix, and water. With clean hands mix until well combined. Shape into eight patties and grill or broil until done.
Also Check: Oven Pot Roast With Onion Soup
Onion Gravy Recipe How To Make Onion Gravy
Reduce heat to medium, add mushrooms, if using, and cook for three or four minutes.
Next add onions and cook for another four minutes or so and will add more flavor to your gravy.
Sprinkle flour all over and stir until incorporated, about a minute or two. Dont stop stirring.
Whisk in beef broth and bring to boil. Remember, if you used mushrooms use less broth to make your gravy.
Simmer and stir the sauce periodically until it thickens and becomes smooth, about 4 more minutes.
If you double your gravy recipe remember to expect a longer cook time. If you love gravy like we do this extra step is so worth it.
Off heat, add and stir in the last 2 tablespoons butter.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon sauce over hamburger steaks and sprinkle with chives.
Serve and enjoy every bite.
Hamburger Steak Recipe With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
French onion soup salisbury steak salisbury steak with onion gravy recipe hamburger steak with onions and brown easy salisbury steak recipe whisk it
Old fashioned salisbury steak fox valley foo salisbury steak one pan recipe the chunky chef the very best salisbury steak intellimeal 10 best lipton onion soup mix salisbury steak recipes yummly instant pot cubed steak and gravy the country cook
Recommended Reading: Bobby Flay Steak Sauce For Sale
Don’t Miss: Cheesy Chicken And Rice Campbells
Country Style Instant Pot Cube Steak Recipe
Country Style Steak is a favorite meal in many homes in the South.
It is made with lightly battered cube steak that is cooked in brown gravy and onions until tender.
This recipe makes it from scratch easily in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker!
Typically, after frying, the cube steak is cooked in the oven for 2 or more hours however with the Instant Pot, cooking time is reduced to less than 30 minutes!
French Onion Cubed Steak
This one is so easy. The gravy it makes is worth the effort and is great on top of the steak, on mashed potatoes or my favorite, onion flavored new potatoes . A nice garden salad completes this quick meal. Increase portions to meet
Provided by Ed Mayfield
|1/3 c all purpose flour|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|2 Tbsp butter|
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper, to your taste. Then dredge steaks in flour, covering completely and patting to make sure flour sticks to meat.
- 2. Melt butter in large, non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Place steaks in melted butter and brown on both sides. Sprinkle onion soup mixture over the steaks, followed by water and wine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Thin with more water, if needed.
- 3. Serve while hot, covering with the gravy.
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Potatoes Recipe
Ingredientsfor The Classic Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
- GroundBeef: For the best flavor and texture, youll want to use ground beef witha ratio of 90/10. You want your loaf to be succulent, but not greasy. 90/10 or85/15 beef is the sweet spot.
- LiptonOnion Soup Mix: This versatile mix deserves a spot in every pantry. Itsall you need for a rich, flavorful loaf. These packets are available in mostgrocery stores or online.
- Eggs:Its the key to a moist and juicy meatloaf. The ideal ratio is one egg perpound of ground beef.
- BreadCrumbs: We used panko breadcrumbs, but any kind will do. To make your own, grindbread in a food processor and spread the crumbs in a single layer on a bakingsheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 300ºF.
- Ketchup:A traditional meatloaf isnt complete without ketchup! Use your favorite brandof ketchup to add classic tomato flavor to this dish.
How To Make Onion Gravy
Note: This onion gravy is excellent as is but if youre already making a roast, frying up pork chops or chicken, if you make this gravy in same pan as those meat drippings, it will boost the flavor up to an excellent+.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and sugar and cook for about 30 minutes until caramelized .
Add the red wine and herbs, bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the mustard, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Remove sprigs of herbs. Add the vinegar, whisk in the cornstarch and simmer another minute or two until thickened, whisking continuously. Add the cold butter and whisk until dissolved.
Add salt and pepper to taste and more mustard if desired.
Serve the gravy as desired .
Don’t Miss: All-clad D5 Soup Pot
Crockpot Cube Steak And Gravy Recipe Directions:
Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray.
On a plate layout, your cube steak and pepper and very lightly salt if you want. I went easy on the salt since the french onion soup mix and the gravy would have salt in them.
*You could salt these and cover them in flour and lightly brown in a frying pan if you want to but I love to put things in my crockpot and just let it cook. I opted not to do that step but it could add some flavor to your steaks*
Now I make my broth with Better Than Boullion Beef base. I made up two cups in a smaller Pyrex measuring cup. Now, I love my Pyrex measuring cups, I used my 8 cup Pyrex to mix everything together.
In a large bowl, the large Pyrex measuring bowl combines the beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, Au Ju gravy mix, and french onion soup mix all together.
Turn your crockpot on low and lay your steaks out on the bottom. I did make this in my new 8 quart Crock-Pot and was the first time I had used it. I do have to say I miss my old trusty but when the lid shattered it was a sad day.
Pour your mixture over the steaks and cover.
Cook on low for at least four hours. I did stir mine a couple of times once the steak had cooked to allow the gravy mixture to completely cover the steaks.
Now I used my Pampered Chef Mix N Chop to break up the meat into the gravy. My kids thought it was ground beef so there were no complaints and they ate all their dinner!
Serve with a side and enjoy!!
Recommended Reading: What Temperature Should You Grill Steaks At
What Is The Secret To A Moist Meatloaf
A meatloaf needs a certain amount of fat to keep it moist and tender. If the meat is too lean, youll end up with a dry, tough loaf. If your ground meat is very lean, you might consider adding fattier ground beef or ground pork to the mixture. Another way to add moisture is bacondrape several strips over the meatloaf before it goes into the oven.
Overmixing can make a meatloaf dense and dry. Mix the ingredients thoroughly but gently, and dont pack it tightly when you put it in the pan.
Read Also: Campbell’s Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole
Lipton Onion Soup Recipes
A perfect Lipton Onion Soup recipe is here for you!
To bring the best and easy recipes that would delight your mouth is my everyday attempt. Here I am going to share with you a delightful Lipton Onion soup mix recipe that is very easy to make. This is perfect if you felt you wanted to make a tasty onion dip or yummy meatloaf with Lipton Onion Soup Mix! With this Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe, itll be very helpful for you to make Lipton onion soup easily and quickly. Make this Lipton onion soup recipe and share it with your loved ones.
Homemade versions and copycat recipes can be the best solutions if you have crave for store brought items at last moment, and really useful! And you would be glad to know that many of DIY version of the famous brands are much healthy and cheap, and you can elude some unwanted ingredients. As per my experience, homemade recipes taste quite good!
This recipe is a spectacular copycat version of the well-known dry onion soup packets i.e something which is often acclaimed by many. This easy to make copycat version recipe of dry onion soup mix has a much better sodium content than with the original brand packet.
You May Like: Ore Ida Potato Soup Recipe
Using Bouillon Powder Or Paste
Bouillon powder or paste is an intense base that you can use to make broth/stock. Better than Bouillon is a great brand, or you can use half a crumbled stock cube or a half teaspoon of bouillon powder.
It adds an extra layer of flavor and a touch more salt to the gravy. This is why it is important not to salt your sauce until the end of the cook.
I usually match the base to the broth/stock I am using. So when making this vegetarian, I will pick a vegetable bouillon paste, or if I am using chicken broth, then I will use Chicken Better than Bouillon.
Recommended Reading: Potato With Onion Soup Mix
Beefy Onion Roast With Gravy
Make and share this Beefy Onion Roast With Gravy recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Smadden
|1 package of dry beefy onion soup|
|3 lbs roast, your favorite cut|
|1 garlic clove|
|2 cans beef, broth-low sodium|
|5 small red potatoes|
|1 small white onion|
- Pre heat over to 375 degree. In a small bowl mix the mayo and the dry soup mix. Cut garlic into thin slices. Cut slits into roast and place garlic slices in the slits. Place roast in a racked roasting pan. Cover the roast with the mayo mixture. Add the veggies around the roast. Cook for 45 minutes at 375 then reduce to 325 and cook until roast reaches 150 degrees for medium rare.
- To make the gravy.
- Remove veggies and roast and place on a serving plate. Place roasting pan over two burners and add beef brother and reduce on medium heat for about 10 minutes, Add the flour until the desired consistancy is acheived.
- Serve roast with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 740.2, Fat 48.1, SaturatedFat 19.7, Cholesterol 165, Sodium 259.7, Carbohydrate 32.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 6.1, Protein 45.1
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
The best, classic, old fashioned, easy slow cooker pot roast recipe, homemade with simple ingredients like cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chuck beef, potatoes and carrots. Tender melt in your mouth shredded beef is coated in flavorful gravy.
The smell of this dish cooking all day will have your mouth watering and your family begging to know when dinner is ready. The tender and flavorful roast, along with the minimal prep time, makes it a weeknight dinner dream come true. This Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is another favorite on busy days.
Recommended Reading: Can You Freeze Onion Dip
What Makes This Onion Gravy So Good
- Its the perfect surprise addition to any holiday table! This fun gravy is an unexpected twist of a classic favorite. Savory and slightly sweet onions make this crowd-pleaser totally irresistable.
- Its super easy and comes together with very minimal effort! Start by caramelizing the onions, then add in the remaining ingredients. Simmer this onion gravy for about 20 minutes until deeply flavorful and delicious!
- It tastes great over pretty much anything! Mashed potatoes and roasted turkey are the obvious pairing options for this delicious sauce. However, it also tastes incredible over pot roast, roasted veggies, or even meatballs!
You May Like: Can You Have Tomato Soup On Keto Diet
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast.
2. Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast and set aside.
3. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
4. Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
Read Also: Campbell’s Chicken Broccoli Rice
Recipe: Lipton Marinated Chicken Breasts
Quick and tasty. In shallow non-metallic dish, combine lemon juice, white wine, Lipton Onion Recipe Mix, vegetable oil and basil.
As the name suggests, a quick, easy stir fry. Great for leftover turkey. In a large skillet or wok heat oil and stir-fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes. Add Onion soup, ginger, water, and turkey.
In a bowl, mix the two bottles of Catalina dressing and the packet of onion soup. Once mixed, pour half of the mixture in the crock pot then place the roast in.
Brown roast in pan on both sides, until brown. While its browning, boil 1 coffee pot full of water . When roast is brown, leave in same pan you browned it in, pour hot water over it. Add 2 packs of Lipton Onion soup mix, add 1 onion chopped, salt and pepper, garlic, seasoned salt.
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water and set aside. Melt the shortening, in hot water, and add the sugar, salt and dry soup mix. Mix together with the yeast and gradually add in the flour, kneading until smooth.
Recommended Reading: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Creamy Pepper Pork & Butternut Porridge Oats With Apples
1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground nutmeg
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
You May Like: Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe Onion Soup Mix
How To Make Gravy For Pot Roast
You can remove the meat and vegetables and pour the leftover juices through a strainer and use it as a sauce to pour over the meat and vegetable mixture. This is how I usually do it because its quick and easy.
Gravy Tip: If you prefer a thicker gravy consistency for your Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast, strain the juices and then place them in a sauce pan or frying pan. Add 2 Tbsp of cornstarch to 1/2 cup of water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan with the juices and bring to a low boil. Stir until mixture thickens up. If it gets too thick add in a little water to thin.
Lipton Onion Soup Gravy
No problem Lipton Recipe Secrets is the convenient go-to for any party occasion. For a quick and delicious crowd-pleaser, simply combine your favorite Recipe Secrets Mix with a few basic ingredients for an instant, delicious appetizer! Our famous Lipton Onion Dip, made with our Onion Soup and Dip Mix, has been a favorite at parties for decades.
Thoroughly mix the beef, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl. Place the beef mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and shape firmly into an 8×4-inch loaf. Step 2 Bake for 30 minutes. Spread 1/2 can soup over the meatloaf. Step 3 Bake for 30 minutes or until the meatloaf is done. Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Combine the condensed soups, onion soup mix, and water pour within the pot roast and vegetables, if using. Prepare on low eight to ten hrs or until tender. Or prepare on HIGH for around three or four hrs. If preferred, thicken the gravy about two tablespoons of flour or corn starch that has been combined with cold water.
Instructions: Soup Directions: Empty 1 envelope soup mix into medium saucepan. Stir in 4 cups water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Makes about 3 ½ cups.
Read Also: Sloppy Joes With Mushroom Soup