Is Vegetable Soup Low Carb
Is vegetable soup keto friendly? Yes, it can be. While its true that carbs can add up with certain types of veggies, this low carb vegetable soup recipe can fit into even the lowest carb diets.
More specifically, this keto vegetable soup has 8 grams net carbs per serving. And, all the carbs come from veggies, which is always a good thing. Its definitely the best vegetable soup recipe in my book!
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
It makes no difference if you are on a keto diet or not, this low carb broccoli cheese soup will be loved by all. This means the entire family can enjoy a healthier version making dinnertime an easy breeze.
In my book, a slow cooker keto broccoli cheese soup screams comfort. Is there anything more welcoming than a hot rich bowl of broccoli cheese soup? I guess the only thing better is to be able to create a low carb cheesy soup in a slow cooker for added convenience.
Keto Chicken Soup Recipes
Ingredients: whole chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, parsley.
You can whip up this chicken soup recipe in less than 45 minutes from start to finish! And buy using a whole chicken, you not only save yourself time in meal prep, but you also get to enjoy the delicious chicken meat on top of a salad or in the broth.
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Cardamom Ginger Bone Broth
This rich bone marrow broth gets an anti-inflammatory boost from spices like cardamom, ginger and turmeric.
All you need is to cook the ingredients in a large pot or crockpot, strain and then enjoy either by itself or as a base for a nourishing soup or stew.
Dont be intimidated by the ingredients in this bone broth recipe. Pasture-raised chicken feet create an ultra-gelatinous and nourishing chicken broth packed with collagen and key nutrients.
You can even use leftover bone broth as a base in other soups and curries.
Grass-fed lamb is a nourishing protein source. Using the bones, you can make a savory and herbaceous broth rich in collagen using this keto bone broth recipe from My Keto Kitchen.
This broth is perfect for stews, shirataki noodle soups or sauces.
Stuffed Pepper Instant Pot Keto Soup
I grew up with my moms stuffed peppers, so when I found this recipe at Paleo Running Momma K knew I needed to try it! Its full of Italian spices, ground beef, bell peppers, cauliflower rice. Its so flavorful plus you can make it in the Instant Pot which makes it a great soup to make in a hurry. Click on the link above to grab the yummy recipe from Paleo Running Momma!
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup Can
Instant Pot Spicy Beef And Broccoli Zoodle Soup
Simple ginger beef broth, tender steak tips and zoodles fill the perfect starring roles in this low-carb soup recipe from Wholesomelicious.
This recipe also has a crockpot version for those that prefer the low-and-slow method. Each serving has 5 grams of net carbs.
Tip: If youre missing pho, this recipe easily converts with shirataki noodles and keto-friendly meatballs. Garnish with fresh basil and bean sprouts, and you have a keto pho experience at home.
What Do You Put In Taco Soup
Taco soup is made with just 8 ingredients which can be found in your fridge or pantry for a quick one-pot meal.
- Ground beef: can sub with lean ground turkey or chicken.
- Onion: can sub with onion flakes or onion powder if desired.
- Garlic: can sub with garlic powder but we highly recommend fresh minced garlic.
- Bell pepper: add lots of flavor to the soup but are optional.
- Rotel: is a canned tomato and green chili mixture and can be subbed with freshly chopped tomato if desired.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese makes the soup creamy and helps raise the fat content for keto dieters. It can be subbed with low-fat cream cheese or heavy cream if desired.
- Taco Seasoning: we highly recommend using our popular homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Beef Broth: be sure to use low sodium beef broth and so you can adjust to taste. you can also sub with water is desired.
Recommended Reading: Andersen Split Pea Soup Hotel
Can You Make Broccoli Cheese Soup With Frozen Broccoli In A Slow Cooker
Some have asked me if this soup can be made with frozen florets instead of fresh broccoli, the answer is yes. However, you will probably need to reduce the cooking time so that the florets do not get mushy.
I have made the soup both with frozen and fresh broccoli and have had great success with both.
Why This Celery Soup Is So Good
- Its really easy to make! Prep only takes about 10 minutes and it is cooked in the one pot!
- This celery soup makes use of everyday ingredients!
- Thermomix, Magimix and Instant Pot friendly! You can make this easy celery soup in your Thermomix and in no time. Or pressure cook in your Instant Pot.
- This recipe is keto and low carb with only 5g net carbs per serving
- All our recipes are tested in multiple kitchens and by multiple home cooks! We want to create the best keto recipes! Quality and flavour is super important to the Mad Creations team!
Recommended Reading: Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup
I love experimenting with new low carb/keto recipes, especially when they are easy, and my entire family enjoys the finished product- like my Queso Soup recipe. So, I thought, why not change out the ground beef for some shredded chicken and add some Mexican spices to the mix! The result is a deliciously creamy, flavorful soup that is high in protein and low in carbs!
Keto Low Carb Vegetable Soup
Everyone needs a basic vegetable soup recipe, and this may be the one for you. This Keto Low-Carb Vegetable Soup uses ingredients you already have on hand. Plus, the author says that you can add any other vegetables you have to the soup a great way to use up the vegetable stash in your fridge. If you want to bump up the protein levels, you can add your choice of meat to the soup. On the other hand, if you choose to make it vegan, you can use vegetable broth instead of beef broth. Truly a versatile recipe for your collection.
You May Like: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
How To Make Vegetable Soup In A Crock Pot
What if you want to make low carb vegetable soup in a Crock Pot instead? You can!
For crock pot version, youll still need to saute the onions, peppers, and garlic first, just like above. Then place these into the Crock Pot along with the remaining ingredients.
How long to cook keto vegetable soup in a slow cooker? Cook on 2 hours on High or 4 hours on Low.
Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food List
Whether youre looking for a weight loss soup or just something to warm you up this winter, this easy low carb vegetable soup recipe will hit the spot! Its naturally keto friendly, paleo, has a vegan option, and is just all-around healthy no matter your way of eating. If you want to know how to make vegetable soup thats super simple, uses common ingredients, and takes less than 30 minutes, this ones for you.
Homemade vegetable soup makes a regular appearance at our house in the winter. Its warming, its filling, and its good for us. Plus, this one is a balance between flavor and simplicity, so Im pretty sure that makes it the best vegetable soup recipe ever.
Read Also: Roasted Corn And Poblano Soup
Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
This easy Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup with fresh beefsteak tomatoes straight from your garden will warm you up every time throughout the whole winter. Quick and easy to make, this Keto Tomato Basil Soup is not only Grain-free and Gluten-free but extremely tasty and healthy. You will make it again and again.
Why Soups & Stews Are The Perfect Keto Food
- Theyre simple, easy and adaptable. If youre new to the Keto diet or cooking in general soups are a great place to start. Dont have this or want to add a little more of that.. go for it.
- Theyre economical. The Keto diet can be expensive with its emphasis on organic protein, but soups and stews allow you to stretch your ingredients.
- Theyre quick. There are not many pre-made convenience foods available on the Keto diet, but many soups and stews can be ready in under 40 minutes making them the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Theyre great for meal-prep and make ahead meals. Make them ahead and then pack them up for the perfect lunch on the go.
- Theyre scalable. Have a big family double the recipe. Cooking for just yourself then make half. Most of these recipes can be adjusted very easily.
- Theyre accessible. No weird ingredients youve never heard of or will never be able to find. Youll be familiar with all of the ingredients, which will be really comforting when you are adjusting your nutritional plan.
- Theyre healthy. This is the most important one. All of these recipes are chock-full of beneficial nutrients. Especially if you make your own broth!
I cant wait to try some of the other recipes in Keto Soups & Stews. Like Spicy Tomato Bisque with Crispy Pancetta, Beef Mushroom and Barley Soup and Slow Cooker Cheddar Jalapeño Soup. So many soups, so little time!
Make sure you and get in on a chance to win a copy for yourself! Or if you are ready to go for it,
Read Also: Crockpot Potato Soup Made With Frozen Hash Browns
Chicken Fajita Soup Ingredients:
Cooking and shredding your chicken is what takes the longest, so if you have your chicken pre-shredded and ready-to-go, this recipe is super quick!
- Chicken breasts- I will make my shredded chicken using my slow cooker in advance in bulk. This speeds this recipe up big time!
- Chicken broth This is the base of the soup and adds lots of flavors. It is also used to cook your chicken in your crock pot.
- Green peppers, onions, garlic Low carb veggies give this fajita soup nutrients and lots of added flavor!
- Cream cheese, heavy cream, butter- These fats will add richness to your soup as well as creaminess.
- Taco seasoning- I like to use my homemade keto taco seasoning since store-bought seasoning packets can contain some non-keto ingredients.
Steps for making your chicken fajita soup:
Step 1: I begin this recipe by preparing the chicken, so it is easy to shred later. I add boneless skinless chicken breasts to my slow cooker. It isnt necessary to make it this way it just makes my life easier around dinner time to have the chicken already cooked. Also, if you prefer a different cut of chicken feel free to make substitutions that best suit your needs. You could also use a rotisserie chicken if you like!
Step 2: Saute the onion and bell peppers in butter to bring out incredible flavor in your chicken fajita soup.
Step 3: Add in some homemade taco seasoning if you are following a strict keto diet. I like to make my seasoning in bulk and keep it in my pantry.
Easy Keto Low Carb Soup Recipes
Nothing is better at warming you up than a big bowl of soup! And, these easy low carb soup recipes are absolutely delicious.
Enjoy them prior to a meal or make them into your meal. They are also wonderful to pair with keto salads. Either way, keto soup recipes make the ultimate satisfying comfort food.
Recommended Reading: Is Knorr’s Vegetable Dip Gluten Free
Creamy Keto Chicken Soup
No heavy cream hereinstead, this keto soup recipe gets a naturally silky texture from fresh pumpkin and coconut cream.
With added zest from turmeric, fresh ginger and lime juice, this chicken soup is both nourishing and comforting. And at a keto-friendly 5 grams of net carbs per serving, you can enjoy it anytime.
How To Get This Fajita Soup On The Table Quicker
If you are super busy and do not have time to wait for your chicken to cook, I suggest you do one of two things.
1. Speed up the process by purchasing a rotisseriechicken from the food store. The chicken is already cooked, so all you need to do is cut off the breasts and legs and shred/chop that up to add to your soup. This will cut your cooking time by more than half!
2. Cook shredded chicken in advancein bulk. Then portion it out into one pound baggies and freeze them. This way, you can quickly defrost your chicken a few hours or the night prior and have it ready to go! This saves you lots of money, too, and can be used for many other shredded chicken recipes like my Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole .
Also Check: Campbells Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipe
High Fat Keeps Hunger At Bay
One of the reasons this keto broccoli cheese soup works so well when youre on a low carb diet is that its high in healthy fats. And the fat will keep you satiated for hours.
This soup is hearty enough to enjoy by itself. If however, you want to pair it with keto bread why not consider my corn bread recipe it uses almond flour instead of cornmeal for low carb option.
Is Chicken Broth Keto Friendly
Yes, most chicken broths are Keto-friendly as they contain hardly any carbs. They are also very low in fat and usually contain a small amount of protein .
If youre buying chicken broth at the store, make sure to read the ingredient label and check theres no added preservatives, coloring, or sugars.
Also Check: Campbell’s Tomato Soup Add Ins
What Foods Should I Eat On A Keto Diet
Proteins such as fish, beef, chicken, eggs are all good to eat.
Vegetables that grow above ground like broccoli and cauliflower are acceptable! Also, leafy greens like spinach and kale !
Avocado, nuts, and seeds are also good choices and make great snack options.
High fat dairy. Praise God at least there is something good about a keto diet, haha. Hard cheeses, high fat cream, and butter get the thumbs up!
Stevia is an acceptable keto-friendly sweetener. Thank goodness, because I use that in my favorite Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew coffee!
Will Cream Of Asparagus Soup Upset My Stomach
Asparagus is high in fiber, so it might upset your stomach a bit if you are sensitive to it or do not regularly eat fiber.
This is not necessarily a bad thing, though, as fiber is good for the digestive system. You might experience flatulence or mild stomach cramps if you are particularly sensitive to it.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
With a creamy broth of green enchiladas sauce, salsa verde, cheeses, and tender shredded chicken, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Perfect for those busy nights! This Mexican soup recipe will make everyone happy! This recipe can be made on a stovetop or in an Instant Pot. This will be your new favorite soup!! Recipe: Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
Chili Recipe Without Beans
You’ll love this chili recipe without beans that makes for a simple and healthy dinner you can make in your crockpot or cook quickly on the stovetop.
You won’t even miss the beans in this beanless chili recipe, not only is it gluten-free, but it’s paleo , keto-friendly, and a low carb chili recipe too.
Thick, creamy, and hearty you won’t even miss the beans in this simple stovetop creamy keto chicken chili.
Recommended Reading: Aldi Cream Of Chicken Soup
Is Homemade Vegetable Soup Healthy
Is vegetable soup healthy for weight loss? Yes, definitely! No matter what type of diet you follow, no one can argue that a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup is healthy for you.
In fact, Id say that if your question is, What is the healthiest soup? this one just might be the answer. Its packed with so many different types of veggies for loads of nutrients, but at the same time its light on calories and carbs.
What To Serve With Keto Soup
Its easy to get hung up on the lack ofwellbread and crackers when it comes to that hearty bowl of soup or chili.
No need, friend! There are keto options for pretty much everything!
Try my low carb biscuits or a garlic bread chaffle with your soup. This keto cornbread is a go to when we make chili.
Of course, salad is always a welcome side to soup as well. My keto ranch dressing and keto thousand island dressing will really take that soup up a notch. Try our Italian salad dressing too!
Don’t Miss: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Meatloaf
How To Solve Common Issues With Keto Vegetable Soup
This homemade vegetable soup recipe is pretty classic and versatile, so hopefully you wont have any issues! But if you do, here is how to solve them:
- Vegetable soup too sweet? Add a splash of vinegar or a bit more salt.
- Vegetable soup too bland? Add more salt first as thats the most common issue. If its salty enough, try more herbs and spices see ideas above!
- Vegetable soup too spicy? If you dont mind changing the type of soup a bit, the best way to tame spiciness is by adding a bit of heavy cream . If you dont want a creamy vegetable soup, you can try diluting the spiciness with more broth. A splash of vinegar can also help.
- Vegetable soup too salty? Vinegar or lemon juice can help balance out the salt, so try adding one of these. Another good option is an additional can of diced tomatoes, because it will balance the salt without requiring you to cook the soup for longer.
- Vegetable soup too acidic? Similar to fixing vegetable soup thats too spicy, heavy cream or coconut cream can tame soup thats too acidic. Some people also recommend sifting some baking soda onto the surface of the soup, since its alkaline, but I havent tried it to verify.