Tips For Storing Potatoes:
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so itâs best to throw away.
Today, I am showing you one of my classic potato dishes, that my mother used to make when I was a child, she would be one of the best foil meal makers, I later found out that this is a style of campfire cooking.
I cut the potatoes into dices, leaving them about 1 to 2-inch chunks because I find them easier to eat.
Dice Cut:They are perfect for the air fryer, since making sure that all the potatoes are uniformed, allows them to cook all the way through and the entire potato dish will be ready at the same time.
To Dice: A Potato: Simply, slice the potato in half, then cut that half again into half, and then cut into about 1-inch pieces.
Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes Ingredients Needed:
These potatoes are only 5 simple ingredients and absolutely delicious. We love them in the summer time, they make a wonderful side to burgers or hotdogs. Can throw them together in a matter of minutes and then you have a great side loaded in flavor.
I made these potatoes on the weekend with BBQ chicken and broccoli salad and they were delicious! Karen
If you love these potatoes you may also love our Smoked Paprika Cheese Potatoes. They are made a little different and are great!
Additional Copycat Onion Soup Mix Tips
- If you use this recipe for instant soup, usehomemade stock or beef broth instead of beef bouillon and avoid the too-much-salt situation entirely.
- To make this dry mix vegetarian or vegan, substitute vegetable bouillon instead of beef.
- One ¼ cup serving is the equivalent to one envelope of dry onion soup mix.
- This recipe is a bigger batch. Not massive, but youll get at least 3 servings out of it.
- I like to make a big batch and store it in the spice cabinet in a re-purposed jar. Then I scoop out 4 Tablespoons for whatever recipe Im making .
Read Also: Aldi Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Read Also: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Beefy Onion Soup Mix Ingredients
Simple ingredients for superb tastes!
- Dried Onion: I prefer the chopped dried onion, more flavor and texture.
- Beef Bouillon: If you only have cubes, crush them into granules.
- Onion Powder: Gives that extra punch of onion.
- Dried Parsley: Flavor and color
- Paprika: Adds a nice mild flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
A Few Notes On The Ingredients:
Dry minced onion I keep these on hand at all times in my kitchen. To be honest, whenever a recipe calls for onions, this is almost always what I use because I do not usually keep fresh onions around. You can find these at any grocery store.
Beef bouillon You can use powdered or granules in this recipe. You can also use bouillon cubes and just crush them before adding them to your mix. Granules and cubes can be found at any grocery store, although powdered bouillon is harder to find.
Pro Tip: If you are needing a low-sodium substitute for onion soup mix , make sure to use a brand of beef bouillon that is low-sodium or sodium-free. Herb Ox makes a great sodium-free bouillon.
Celery seed I prefer to grind my celery seeds. I keep a small coffee grinder around for grinding spices. Or you can place them on a cutting board and crush them carefully with the bottom of a glass or cup.
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Potatoes
Sprinkle 14 Cup Grated Parmesan
Onion roasted potatoes recipe. Preheat oven to 425 F. This side dish is one of my favorites because the soup mix glazes the potatoes so nicely and its very simple to prepare. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables add garlic thyme parsley salt to taste and pepper to taste.
Ingredients to make roasted potatoes and onions. Step 1 Preheat oven to 425F. Turn the vegetables with tongs.
I make 2 bowls and toss potatoes in olive oil and then in onion soup mix that is whisked together with black pepper and garlic powder. 2 Tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil would work too Instructions. -Schelby Thompson Camden Wyoming Delaware.
If the potatoes are large chunks you can cut them into small pieces so they are all the same size. Slice your petite red potatoes in half or in quarters if they are larger. Arrange the potatoes and onions cut side down on the hot baking sheets dont crowd them.
At this stage its. Roast until browned and crisp on the bottom 10 to 15 minutes. Cut onion into eighths.
About 25 minutes after adding the potatoes into the oven they should be perfectly roasted remove from the oven transfer the roasted potatoes into a large bowl add the caramelized onions. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes or until they are slightly translucent. Onion Roasted Potatoes Recipe.
Open 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets dried Onion soup mix. Chop potatoes and onions into 1 chunks and add to a large bowl. Add oil vinegar and seasoning to the bowl and toss to combine with potatoes and onion.
Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes
Onion soup roasted potatoes are so easy and so good!
These potatoes make a great side dish for any meal and your family will love them. You can make this recipe your own by adding additional spices or you could even add more vegetables like sliced carrots to this dish. They keep well in the refrigerator and are good reheated in the oven or microwave. I love that they dont take long to make on a busy weeknight for dinner and the soup mix gives them a delicious flavor. You might also like to check out our recipe for spam fried potatoes. We love them for breakfast with eggs.
Don’t Miss: Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Oven
More About Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes Recipes
SLOW COOKER LIPTON ONION POTATOES – STOLENRECIPES.NET
LIPTON ONION SOUP POTATOES OVEN ROASTED RECIPE
ONION SOUP ROASTED POTATOES – THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
- Wash and cut unpeeled potatoes into chunks. I make 2 bowls and toss potatoes in olive oil and then in onion soup mix that is whisked together with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread potatoes on sheet and bake in preheated 425 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked. Turn potatoes with spatula after 20 minutes.
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE – FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
SOUTH YOUR MOUTH: EASY LIPTON ONION ROASTED POTATOES
ONION-ROASTED POTATOES | LIPTON KITCHENS
LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX – ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE
ROASTED POTATOES WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES
BROWSE OUR RECIPES | LIPTON®
How To Roast Potatoes
You might be surprised at how easy it is to roast potatoes. This recipe uses Russet potatoes. So grab a few of them, give them a good wash, and then you will want to cut the potatoes into uniform cubes.
The real secret to cooking perfectly roasted potatoes is to cut all of the potatoes in a uniform size. When you cut all of the potatoes in one size, they will cook uniformly.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Soup Pot Roast Recipe
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes Recipe
This recipe for Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes, by , is from Our Favorite Family Recipes, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Well help you start your own personal cookbook! Its easy and fun.
|1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix 4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks 1/3 cup olive oil|
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine all ingredients in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden brown, about 35 minutes.TIP: Try using red skinned potatoes and adding garlic and herbs. Also terrific with Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic, Onion Mushroom or Golden Onion Soup Mix.
Read Also: Beefy Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Airfryer Crispy Roasted Onion Potatoes
You guys know I love Instant Pot recipes, as I have been making more and more of them lately. What you might not realize, is that i use my Airfryer even more than my electric pressure cooker! The fact of the matter is, I typically use my Airfryer for super lazy last minute meals. Whether Im popping some frozen chicken strips and sweet potato fries or making a mini pizza, it is such a convenient appliance for baking things up quickly and with little fuss. Every now and again, I even use it for a real life recipe like these Airfryer Crispy Roasted Onion Potatoes or Airfryer Baked Thai Peanut Chicken Egg Rolls.
This recipe isnt something new and inventive by any stretch of the imagination. My mom was making this classic recipe with Lipton Onion Soup Mix in the oven, back when we were children. The difference is, this recipe for Airfryer Crispy Roasted Onion Potatoes uses less oil and is ready in a fraction of the time thanks to the Airfryer technology.
Simply toss your baby red potatoes with olive oil and a packet of the onion soup mix and put them in your Airfryer basket. Bake the potatoes on the highest heat setting for 20 minutes, giving them one toss in the middle of the cooking time. After 20 minutes, you will have beautiful crispy potatoes with perfectly cooked centers ready for a delicious side dish.
You May Like: Olive Garden Endless Soup And Salad
Also Check: Onion Soup Pot Roast
Onion Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes
Very easy, very little prep. I use to buy a product made by Lipton, which came in a bottle and you poured it over your diced potatoes and baked/grilled the dish. They have since discontinued the product, so I have found this to be the next best thing.
Provided by TheDancingCook
- Combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag, seal and shake until well coated.
- Empty bag into a 13×9 dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- *I think they even taste better more browned and crispy, so you may want to turn up the temp after uncovering and cook them longer.
- You could also make this on the grill, covered in foil in an aluminum pan. Grill for 1 hour, turning potatoes occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.1, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 2.4, Sodium 610.1, Carbohydrate 40.7, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 3.3, Protein 4.8
Onion Soup Mix Oven Roasted Potatoes
In my home, both my husband and I love potatoes in any shape, way, or form. I grew up in a home where potatoes were king, so did my husband. Mashed, baked, grilled, even fried , we ate potatoes cooked in all different ways. We especially ate loved eating oven-roasted potatoes. Our favorite is Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes that are oven-roasted.
Over the course of our marriage, we have tried a few different recipes with potatoes. But we have had trouble finding a go-to potato recipe though.
Recently, however, my husband found a recipe online for oven-roasted potatoes that were mixed and cooked with onion soup mix. Thats right, he made Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes. eriously this is such an easy, inexpensive, and even fast recipe, too.
The first time, we tried it a few weeks ago, we knew we were hooked. It is just that tasty. Plus its easy to make, too.
We adapted the recipe however slicing the potatoes instead of halving. Also, cooking at a lower oven temperature and even coating the pan with a bit of cooking spray.
Because even with the oil mixed in, the potatoes tend to stick if you dont use cooking spray.
Also, make sure to stir them on the cookie sheet a few times during the 20 minute cook time, because this will definitely minimize the oven-roasted potatoes from sticking to the sheet.
Lipton French Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Lipton recipe secrets onion soup dip lipton recipe secrets beefy onion soup details lipton onion soup mix recipe for pot lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe
That old lipton onion soup pot roast recipe frugal hausfrau crockpot french onion en family fresh meals french onion soup mix recipe wellness mama 10 best lipton dry onion soup mix recipes yummly have a summer spree with lipton onion soup mix 1966 americana
Recipes To Make When The Baking Bug Bites
Sometimes we just want to play in the kitchen and whip up a treat. For those times when the baking bug bites, weve found 20 mouthwatering recipes. Its amazing how flour, sugar, butter, and a few extra ingredients can create something so tasty and magical. Whether youre a pro in the kitchen or a beginner
Recommended Reading: Pea Soup Anderson Restaurant
Homemade Delicious And Tested
So I set out to find a recipe that tastes like the packet kind but where I could control the sodium. And for that, I had to find sodium-free beef bouillion cubes or granules. I easily found it at Walmart. So I whipped this up and then tested it in a couple of recipes. And I gotta say, not only did it taste amazing, it worked seamlessly and I couldnt even tell the difference between the two. It mightve actually been a tad bit better.
This sweet and savory meatloaf is a classic recipe that never disappoints.
As you might have guessed the secret ingredient is one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix. But dont let this simple recipe fool you. Its a family favorite in our house.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Plus, it makes plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches, meatloaf chili, or meatloaf spaghetti. Or simply pair it up with few new side dishes. Mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and sweet potato fries are a few favorites around our house.
Have you ever tried to make Lipton onion soup mix potatoes? If you have not, then you might find this roasted potatoes recipe worth trying. Lets admit that potato is one of the most favorite foods in the world. Many love this stem tuber for its adaptability and versatility for almost all types of potato-based dishes. Potatoes can be fried, boiled, steamed, microwaved, or even oven-roasted.
My Recommendations For Air Fryers Which Is A Very Common Question I Receive Here Are My Three Favorites At The Time Of The Post
GoWise Air Fryer, I think this is the best model to get you into the air fryer world, it doesnât mean that you are going to stick with it, but itâs a solid machine, large enough for a chicken and inexpensive enough that you can upgrade later, and use it for sides.
Secura Air Fryer: This is MY first air fryer, I have had it since , It is a fabulous machine, and I always recommend it to my Facebook group, when they are on sale because it works. And to be honest, once you get into the air fryer world, you want another one for side dishes
Recommended Reading: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Dishes You Can Serve With Our Lipton Onions Potatoes
Our prepared meal is an easy side dish recipe that you can serve with a couple of meals. Here are such meals from the South Your Mouth blog that you can enjoy with the Lipton onions potatoes.
- Crockpot pulled pork Well-cooked and spiced pork will make the perfect match for our recipe.
- Sticky chicken Have you ever gone wrong with chicken? Perfect choice for accompaniment for our Lipton recipe.
- Pork steak A combo of this and Lipton onion potatoes is heavenly, to say the least. I wont even talk much about it coz girl! I cant describe enough the magic created here.
- Barbequed steak I love steak. One that is fried well and has thick soup to it. Whenever I have my Lipton recipe it is always part of the dishes cooked.
- Ribs This would make a perfect choice for the Lipton Onion Potatoes. Perfectly baked ribs glazed with some vegetables.
I get my whole table set for this moment and any other dish that would go well with the recipe is included. My grandkids eat the food without waiting for it to be set. They never leave my side in the kitchen during the preparation of the meal. I am not complaining though. Because they are the best company I could ask for. Especially, when doing what I love. Cooking.
Its a Wrap!
Its been so much fun sharing our recipe with you. Be sure to leave us a comment down in the comments section. We are zealous in waiting to celebrate with you the joyous moment youll experience. So break a leg!
This pin rocks!