Insanely Good Apple Desserts
Come fall, it seems everyone is searching for a new apple dessert recipe. You ask, we deliver. Weve gathered 22 of our favorite apple desserts that are filled with sugar, spice, and everything nice. Desserts like apple crisp, caramel apple dump cake, apple cake, apple cobbler, and more. Theyre sweet, spicy, and just scream fall.
What You Need To Make Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
*Not a fan of canned soups and packaged dry onion soup mixes?
I share links below to easy recipes to make your own homemade condensed soups and dry onion soup mix.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork chops in cooker season with salt and pepper if you like. In a large bowl, mix condensed soups, onion soup mix, mushrooms and water. Mix well. Pour mixture over pork chops. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
*Be sure to watch out for bones when using bone-in pork chops. Make sure the pork chops reach a safe minimum internal temperature of 145 degree F. with a 3 minute resting time. Each slow cooker cooks at different rates, adjust cooking times according to your cooker.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles, your favorite veggies and a salad.
Chicken With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Is there a more classic, cozy combination than chicken with cream of mushroom soup? Fall calls for comfort food, and this simple and nourishing Cream of Mushroom Chicken is the perfect solution! Kind of like a warm hug on a cold evening, its a soul-satisfying supper that kids adore!
This is another one of those awesome recipes that came from a blog reader! When someone sends me a note and tells me that a particular dish is a family-favorite that has been enjoyed for decades, I know that it must be a winner. Helens baked cream of mushroom chicken is no exception! She sent me this recipe, and said that it was always a favorite with her children. As adults, her daughters still request the meal when they return to Helens kitchen!
Recommended Reading: Lipton Soup Potato Recipe
Wonderful Meal Idea For All The Family
Anyone who loves chicken breast and creamy sauces will like this. If you want to tweak it further, consider adding some minced fresh garlic or even fresh herbs. Tarragon would go well with the chicken or even basil.
Chicken pairs with cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning and milk Bake the chicken in this mixture and the result is a comfort food style dinner which is amazing with potatoes, pasta or rice.
- Victoria Haneveer
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 10 3/4 oz milk
- 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
Helpful Tips And Variations
Make the most of this easy recipe with these handy tips, and great ideas for customizing it! Lets take a look:
- Make It Gluten-Free: You can make this soup easily using your favorite gluten-free flour substitute instead of flour.
- Make It Vegetarian: Omit the chicken broth, and use veggie broth instead. You can also use oil or vegan butter instead of the regular butter, and dairy-free milk instead of the 2% milk.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: To make a quick homemade cream of mushroom variation, add a splash of sherry, some finely chopped mushrooms, and a small amount of minced shallot to the recipe.
- Cream of Celery: This one is so easy! Just use a little celery salt instead of regular salt, and add a small amount of finely chopped celery.
How To Make Your Own Healthy Cream Of Chicken Substitute
If you have ever made homemade gravy, then this recipe will be very familiar to you! It uses almost exactly the same method, and many of the same ingredients, as classic chicken gravy.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Smothered Chicken
This easy slow cooker mushroom smothered chicken recipe is one your family will love.
We love easy recipes and this one is perfect. Its only 5 ingredients and super easy to make in the slow cooker. Its also budget friendly, which is always a good thing. We love this dish served over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes. You can use fresh or canned mushrooms. This dish is the perfect comfort food! You may also love this easy chicken and noodles recipe.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Broccoli Rice Casserole
Easy Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup Recipe
Combine an easy chicken soup recipe with cream of mushroom soup and optional herbs and what you have is comfort in a bowl. This is one of those soups that can re-fuel you on those cold winter days when youre craving a hearty creamy chicken recipe thats full of sliced mushrooms in every bite. The earthy comfort of dried herbs makes this chicken soup recipe extra wonderful. Best of all, this recipe is from scratch and super fresh and delicious.
Tips For The Best Cream Of Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- Cooking for a smaller family? Just cut the sauce ingredients in half, use just as much chicken as you need , and prepare the dinner in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Adjust the total baking time depending on the size and type of chicken that youre using. Whole cut-up chicken pieces with the bone-in will require about 1 hour, while boneless, skinless chicken breast only needs about 30-45 minutes.
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces will yield juicier meat with more flavor. If youre looking for a quicker cooking time, go boneless! Both options work well.
- Garnish the chicken and sauce with chopped fresh herbs, lemon slices, or freshly-grated lemon zest. An extra sprinkle of paprika adds great color, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Rice Casserole makes for a crowd-pleasing dinner that comes together in under 5 minutes of prep time.
Made with only 4 ingredients, this dish has juicy chicken breasts and tender rice in a deliciously creamy sauce. This is a casserole that meal packs a lot of flavor in a filling one dish dinner and a meal that everyone will love!
Enjoy!There is nothing like Chicken Rice Casserole for dinner. This dish is deliciously easy, creamy and totally satisfying and youll never believe it needs just 4 ingredients!
This is a special dish because the recipe comes from my BFF, Penny and shes been making this for years. Its her go-to, must have, favorite easy weeknight meal that I just had to try.
Also Check: Sacred Heart Diet Plan
Ingredients You Will Need And Substitues
To make this creamy and healthy chicken mushroom soup recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Full measurements will be listed further down below.
- olive oil: any oil will work so use what you have at home
- Chicken: we prefer that you use lean boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Onion: red or white onion
- Garlic cloves: use fresh garlic
- Veggies: you will need carrots, celery and mushrooms
- Herbs and seasonings: dried thyme, salt & pepper, bay leaf, sprig of rosemary, fresh parsley
- Coconut cream: yes, use the cream verson and not the milk. If you use milk the soup wont be as creamy and thick
- Stock: any stock you have. Preferabley chicken or vegetable stock
- Flour: any flour you have handy, all purpose, gluten-free, or whole-wheat
Cook’s Tips And Recipe Variations:
- Have leftover cookedchicken on hand? You can use the cooked chicken in lieu of the raw chicken, if you prefer. Stir the cooked chicken into the casserole at the same time as the sour cream towards the end of the cooking time.
- I use Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup, but you can substitute with an organic condensed soup or with another flavor of condensed soup .
- Love mushrooms?! Feel free to stir in even more mushrooms than called for!
- Garnish the finished dish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs for an added layer of flavor.
Again, the goal is EASY weeknight dinners, and this is a winner that you’ll want to hold onto!
Also Check: Lipton Beefy Onion Burgers
Chicken And Mushroom Soup
Easy and comforting Chicken and Mushroom Soup. 30 minutes from start to table! Add rice or pasta, you pick, its delicous both ways!
We opted for rice this time but have made this plenty of time using pasta.
Serve this a chicken and mushroom soup along side our delicious Cheddar and Onion Biscuits and everybody will love you! We love it when everybody loves you!
Start with your basic blend of carrots, celery and onion. Thats called a mirepoix for you fancy frenchy types :).
Adding sliced mushrooms deepens the flavor of this simple and easy to prepare soup to another level. Not your everyday chicken soup!
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead Of Chicken Breasts
Yup! It depends on which type of meat you prefer. If you like all-white meat, then I would recommend using the chicken breast. If you like darker meat, then chicken thighs are the way to go!
With both cuts of poultry, make sure to remove the outer skin off the chicken before you place them into the crockpot. If you leave them on to cook with the chicken, they will just be very soggy and it probably wont taste as good as it would if it were crispy.
Also Check: Instant Pot Hash Brown Potato Soup
Why We Love This Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- Its easy and it uses fresh ingredients you may already have on hand.
- Its a perfect soup for either rice or pasta. Just depends on how your feeling on your soup day.
- It makes a large pot of soup which you can enjoy for several meals.
- Its a good reason to make biscuits. If there is bread, they will come to the table.
Some Delicious Ways To Use Cream Of Chicken Soup
You can use cream of chicken soup in so many great ways! I love using this creamy roux-based soup as a starter for casseroles, soups, and baked dishes of all kinds. Here are just a few:
- Baked Chicken: Pour cream of chicken soup over skinless chicken legs in a baking dish, cover well with foil or an ovenproof lid, and bake for about 1 hour at 400°F or until the chicken is done. Bonus points if you add cheese and/or spinach!
- Vegetable Soup: Give your favorite soup a creamy twist by adding this homemade cream of chicken soup to the mix. So good!
- Casseroles: Substitute homemade cream of chicken for the cream sauce in your favorite casserole . Need a cheesy sauce instead? Just add half a cup or so of your favorite cheese.
- Pot Pie: This easy sauce is great for making pot pie easier !
Recommended Reading: Roast With Lipton Onion Soup
An Incredibly Easy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
Anyone can make this baked chicken breast with cream of chicken recipe because it is really simple, and the fact you only need 4 ingredients makes it all the more appealing.
Feel free to tweak the recipe, swapping the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, or even cheese soup. Any of these will work perfectly. Just make sure youre using condensed soup.
You might even want to use half chicken and half celery soup. Another idea is half mushroom and half cheese.
If you dont have condensed soup then reduce the amount of milk. For a richer, creamier result, swap some of the milk for Half & Half or cream .
This baked chicken breast with cream of chicken dish is surely a recipe you will want to make again and again, so why not bookmark it or print it out?
What You Need To Make Creamy Chicken Bake
Not a fan of canned soups, make them from scratch!
I share links to make your own homemade condensed cream soups in my recipe below.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or similar size. Place chicken breast in baking dish in a single layer lightly salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl mix soups, sour cream, onion powder, mushrooms, chives and water. Next, evenly pour over top of chicken and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Bake on middle rack, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour, until chicken breast is cooked thoroughly and internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees f. Cooking time will vary depending on size of breasts. *The best way to make sure the chicken is ready is checking theinternal temperature.
MORE AWESOME CHICKEN RECIPE TO TRY
CHICKEN LAZONE , from South Your Mouth
CREAMY CHEESY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI, aka, The Best Chicken Spaghetti from The Country Cook
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY from The country Cook
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup *Or make Homemade Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup, using equivalent amount
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup *Or make Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, equivalent amount
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz can Mushrooms drained *optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or similar size.
Add additional chives on top after baking.
Read Also: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Have Gluten
How To Make This Recipe For Smothered Chicken
Before you start adding all of the ingredients into the crockpot, spray the sides of the slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
Place the chicken breasts in a single layer at the bottom of the cooker and season them with some fresh pepper.
In a separate bowl, mix both condensed soups, onion soup mix, fresh sliced mushrooms, and water. Gently fold the mixture together until it is all combined.
Pour the mushroom gravy mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Use a spatula to help spread the gravy evenly over all of the chicken.
Cook on HIGH for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Be sure to adjust cooking times according to how fast/slow your cooker cooks.
You May Like: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
How Long To Bake Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
The total baking time will vary depending on the size, weight and type of chicken pieces that you choose. If using a whole cut-up chicken or bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs, you will need to bake the chicken in the sauce for about 1 hour. You can reduce the cooking time for boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, which will likely only need about 30-45 minutes in a 350° F oven. For best results, always use an instant-read thermometer to know when you chicken is done. It should reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
Read Also: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Also Check: Lipton’s Onion Soup Meatloaf
No Can Required Homemade Soups
Its hard to believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. The change in weather is a bummer, but darn it am I a sucker for a good hand cutout turkey craft, plus I got the most darling copper jingle bell garland that I cant wait to hang above our stockings when the time is right.
In the meantime, Im making soups. Thick and creamy, no-can-required cream of chicken and mushroom soups that are not only gluten-free but easily made dairy-free, and concocted from 100% fridge and pantry staples. The holidays are filled with reasons to create casseroles green bean casserole and Party Potatoes Deluxe immediately come to mind which usually call for store bought, canned creamy soups. A few problems though:
We are a mess.
So we go homemade because not only is making these popular creamy soups at home a cinch, but its so much healthier and unbelievably delicious. This was the first of tens of dozens of spoonfuls of Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup I ate straight from the jar. You guys will flip.
Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Need a quick meal? Try this easy Sour Cream and Onion Chicken recipe!
When it comes to weeknight meals, Im always looking for something delicious, but yet quick and easy! This sour cream and onion chicken recipe does both of those things very well. Its a creamy dish thats packed with flavor and can easily be paired with rice, or pasta to make it even more filling.
Another thing I love is that this is a ONE PAN dish! This saves time when cooking, and makes it easier, but also makes clean-up faster as well. The less dishes there are at the end of the night, the happier I am! Add some rice or pasta to and youll have a perfect weeknight meal.
Other easy dinner recipes:
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Read Also: Carbs In Onion Soup