Variations/make It Your Own:
Butternut squash is mild in flavor, and you’ll love how different ingredients will influence its taste.
- Add sliced carrot to the mix. BAM! Just made it even healthier!
- You can use a different type of apple, or leave it out altogether.
- Add a cup of sweet potato.
- Try using coconut oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginger, and curry for Thai-inspired flavor.
- Season it with oregano or herbes de Provence.
- Fry a few strips of sliced bacon together with onions.
- For deeper butternut squash flavor, roast it in the oven and then shorten the cooking time.
- Sprinkle with pepitas or chopped pecans.
- Stir in some heavy cream, sour cream, or mascarpone cheese.
- Use white wine instead of apple cider or even orange juice.
- Garnish with cilantro, croutons, or pumpkin seed oil.
- Spice it up with crushed red pepper flakes
- Come up with your favorite combination!
How To Make & Serve Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup With Apple
- Chop and drop your ingredients in, set it and forget it while the slow cooker does all the work for you
- This soup is particularly good when paired with grilled cheese made traditionally or with a plant-based, dairy-free cheese
- Top with hot sauce, sour cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted maple chickpeas, or chopped sage for added flavor and texture
- Serve with an easy side salad for a simple and delicious soup & salad night!
Recipe Notes Modifications & Adaptations
- Use pre-chopped butternut squash to save time & speed the prep up even more.
- Using an immersion blender makes blending ultra simple here and guarantees smooth results every time.
- Of course you can use a regular blender, too. Just be careful when transferring hot liquids.
- The consistency of this soup is very traditional for a butternut squash soup. If you prefer something thicker, you can always add 1-2 peeled and chopped potatoes to the mix.
Also Check: Campbells Rice And Broccoli Casserole
Butternut Squash Apple Soup Ingredients:
Nothing too fancy in this easy butternut squash soup recipe. You just need 4 main ingredients, plus olive oil for roasting the veggies and salt & pepper. Heres the lineup:
- Butternut squash: You have 2 options here: you can peel and chop 1 large, fresh butternut squash. Heres a handy how-to cut a butternut squash video tutorial for that. However, to save time, just buy pre-cut squash, either in the fresh or frozen vegetable section of the grocery store.
- Apple and onion: These ingredients will add some extra sweet and savory flavors to the soup. I like to use Honeycrisp apples to give this soup more of a sweetness, but Granny Smith apples are the perfect choice if you dont want your soup to be too sweet.
- Olive oil: Youll need a bit of olive oil for roasting the squash, onion and apple.
- Broth: I love using bone broth* as it adds a bit of protein to the recipe but if you want to keep this recipe vegan, be sure to use vegetable broth.
- Curry: Gives this soup a lovely warm flavor.
- Optional garnishes: Topping options are endless! You can drizzle on some coconut milk or cream, add a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds, crumbled bacon and/or croutons. I also love a it of fresh cilantro as well.
Quick And Easy Butternut Squash And Apple Soup
Thanks for sharing!
Ready for a healthy, easy, quick-cooking soup that is also delicious? This budget-friendly butternut squash and apple soup use just a few simple ingredients for a hearty dish the whole family will love.
A good soup is enjoyed at any time of the year and this typical autumn dish of butternut squash and apple deserves to be on your menu rotation year-round.
For example, I serve this butternut squash soup with buttered toast or buttered croutons to my grandchildren and not with sour cream as adults do in restaurants. But if you prefer, you can always use sour cream on top.
Also Check: Campbells Chicken And Rice Caserole
Top Results For Butternut Squash Soup With Apple Recipe
10 Best Butternut Squash Granny Smith Apple Soup Recipes …
Copy the link and share
Barefoot Contessa | Butternut Squash And Apple Soup | Recipes
Copy the link and share
Squash And Apple Soup Recipe – Food Network
Copy the link and share
Butternut Squash Soup With Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches …
Copy the link and share
Apple Cinnamon Butternut Squash Soup Recipe – BettyCrocker.com
Copy the link and share
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Apples And Bacon Recipe …
Copy the link and share
How To Prepare Butternut Squash
The most important thing to consider when following these steps, or anyone else’s steps for cutting winter squash is to keep whatever pieces you are working on as stable as possible.
The first cut from the bottom of the squash is to help keep the squash steady on the board as you gently work your knife down from the top to bottom.
Read Also: Does Onion Soup Mix Go Bad
Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Apple Butternut Squash Soup made with fresh tangy apples and sweet squash. Simple ingredients for a delicious healthy soup!
You know you have a tasty soup when your guests go back for a second bowl! This Apple Butternut Squash Soup was taste tested and approved by some friends at my cookie exchange! I knew that after sampling all of our delicious sweets we baked up for the holidays we would crave some real food, so I made soup to cleanse our palates! Our tummies were rejuvenated with veggies and fruit, tapering our sugar rush.
If you have overdosed with sweet treats, I highly recommend you make this soup! Its refreshing, light, and tasty! Its the perfect soup to make when you are ready to reset your diet to whole natural foods.
The recipe is simple. Straightforward ingredients to gather, and easy to make. Peeling and dicing the apples probably is the most time consuming task when preparing to make this recipe, so if you have one of those food choppers , use it! That little gadget is handy! Dont forget to pull it out of the cabinet and chop away!
Im always a little curious to get the hearty eaters opinion when I make vegetarian dishes, so I made this recipe again at a gathering at my in-laws house, and got the thumbs up from the guys my father-in-law, hubby, and 19 year old son! I think they were ready to ditch the sweets too! A grilled cheese sandwiches or a side salad would also compliment this soup.
Creamy Butternut Squash And Apple Soup
Published: by Author: Analida Word count:551 words. About 3 minutes to read this article.
Recently I surprised myself by eating something I never thought I would like: Squash soup. Yes, my dear friends I am/was somewhat of a squash hater. But, as a food blogger I need to give foods a second chance. I think this creamy butternut squash soup with apples made me rethink my anti-squash stance.
Don’t Miss: Cheesecake Factory Potato Soup Recipe
Can Butternut Squash Bisque Be Frozen And How Long Does It Keep
Surprisingly it can be frozen! The soup will separate a bit during the freezing process, but once reheated it comes together no problem. The best way to freeze a bisque is to let it cool to room temperature then transfer to a glass container, press plastic wrap onto the surface of the soup, secure lid and freeze.
Bisques will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. Let bisque thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating over medium on the stove top.
Do You Have To Roast The Butternut Squash
No. That being said, roasting the butternut squash is so EASY and brings out the squashs natural sweetness- just look at that caramelization! That is where all flavor is here, but feel to pan sear, pressure cook or even steam. Roasting does give the soup more flavor and truly elevates it. Do what works for you. Youll need 4 cups, cooked.
Recommended Reading: What Time Does Olive Garden Lunch End
Butternut Squash And Apple Soup
This butternut squash and apple soup is the perfect fall recipe. With the smooth and nutty tasting squash, sweet apple and fragrant sage, it is full of flavour and so healthy too. A vegan and low histamine soup to warm you up on a chilly day.
If you are feeling the need for cosy soups now the leaves are falling from the trees there are so many on my low histamine recipes page. Perhaps you may like my turmeric chicken soup which is so nourishing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you, and is much appreciated support towards the running of the blog.
How To Store Freeze & Reheat Butternut Squash Apple Soup:
- To store: store this soup in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to about 5 days.
- To freeze: let the soup completely cool and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container . Freeze for up to about 2 months. Dont forget to add a label with the date.
- To reheat: first let the soup thaw in the refrigerator, then heat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop.
This butternut squash soup is a must-make during the cooler weather months. Whether youre serving it for dinner or as part of a holiday meal, its sure to be a big hit.
Also Check: Burger With Onion Soup Mix
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Sage
Cozy up with a bowl of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup made with roasted butternut squash, apple, and sage- a delicious fall soup that is vegan adaptable.
Awareness is like the sun. When it shines on things they are transformed.~ Thích Nht Hnh~
This Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with apple, ginger and coconut is so cozy and comforting. Its made with very humble ingredients, yet feels decadent! Vegan and gluten-free, it is topped with a swirl of warmed coconut milk and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Apples give this Butternut Soup the perfect amount of sweetness and tartness to balance the creamy nutty earthy flavor of the butternut squash. Butternuts and Apples love to be together and compliment each other well. A good marriage.
How To Store & Freeze Leftover Butternut Squash Soup
- These all make great leftover for easy lunches and dinners
- Leftover butternut squash soup will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, in a sealed container
- Or up to 3-4 months in a sealed container in the freezer
My favorite method is to freeze in individual servings in glass mason jars. This post has all my best tips for how to freeze anything in a mason jar.
You May Like: Pot Roast Recipe With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Video Result For Butternut Squash Soup With Apple Recipe
How to Make Butternut Squash and Harvest Apple Soup |…
Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe with Apple
Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
Apple Butternut Squash Vitamix Soup Recipe |THE…
Apple-Butternut Squash Soup – Martha Stewart
Apple Butternut Squash Soup RECIPE
Butternut Squash Soup With Apples, Cream & Sage :…
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Butternut Squash Soup With Apple And Bacon Recipe – Food.com
Copy the link and share
Butternut Squash And Green Apple Soup Recipe – Food.com
Copy the link and share
Butternut Squash Soup With Apple
The taste of autumn in a bowl. Make it with frozen squash or from fresh squash.
2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
2 packages frozen butternut squash
3-4 cups low sodium broth
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup chopped parsley, for garnish
Note: You can also make this soup with fresh butternut or acorn squash. For whole squash: Cut squash in half, place cut side down in a shallow pan with some water, and cook in a 350°F oven for about a half hour. Scoop the esh out of the skins and discard skins. Add to pot when recipe says to add frozen squash. For squash purchased peeled and cut: Simmer soup 10-15 minutes longer, until squash is soft.
An Oldways recipe and photo.
Also Check: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Lunch
Is Butternut Squash Bisque Healthy
Although butternut squash itself is nutrient-packed, not all butternut squash soups are created equal. Many, if not most, butternut squash bisques and soups add cream to create a silky smooth consistency.
And there’s no denying that cream absolutely makes a delicious soup. But this recipe doesn’t rely on cream for great flavor and texture. Instead, this healthified version relies on the cooked and puréed squash to create the silky texture.
This recipe also employs the old Parmesan rind trick to adds a nutty, cheesy flavor without all of the extra fat. Simply throw in an old Parmesan rind while the soup simmers, then fish it out and discard before puréeing.
This recipe also uses apples for slight sweetness and added nutrients. Then fresh sage and thyme round out the flavors to create a soup that’s savory and satisfying. This recipe calls for milk as optional, and depending on preference or diet, you can use whatever milk you prefer. Of course if you want to use cream I wouldn’t stop you.
So to answer your question, is butternut squash bisque healthy? This version that’s packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and is low in saturated fat, is definitely a healthy choice. Just remember, bot all butternut squash soups are.
- Prep Time:30 mins
Add squash, apples, and onion and sauté until beginning to brown and soften about 10 minutes. Add sage, thyme, and garlic and cook 1 minute season with salt and pepper.
Why Add Apple To Butternut Squash Soup
Adding fruit to a savory soup may seem strange, but it works quite well for this soup. Butternut squash has a mellow flavor and apples have a wonderful sweet and tart flavor. Together they balance each other out and turn an average butternut squash soup into something really special.
When choosing an apple for this salad I like to go with ones that are both sweet and tart. Honeycrisp and Granny Smith are my top two choices. The soup wont taste like an apple soup, but rather have notes of apple flavor that youll subtly taste at the end of each bite.
Read Also: Chuck Roast Onion Soup Mix
Curried Apple Butternut Squash Soup
In this curried apple butternut squash soup, both apples and butternut squash are roasted and blended with onions, garlic, warm spices and broth.
I made you soup.
The soup du jour is a healthy, creamy yet totally cream-less, warmly spiced, roasted butternut and apple version. To. Die. For.
This was a spur of the moment thing and I was literally jotting down notes as I went along. It started with roasting squash and apples and then before I knew it I was adding 5 different spices into a pot of garlic and onions, pureeing it all with broth well, youll see as you scroll down. Although I decided to roast the butternut and apples this soup could actually be done in one pot and one pot only, its versatile like that.
After I made this soup and took 247 pictures, I curled up with one of these mugs-o-soup and ignored the sink full of dishes. It was a blissful 3 seconds.
This curried apple butternut squash soup soup is dang tasty and not lacking in any flavor whatsoever. Its a bright, warm soup for your soul filled with all this healthy goodness and spiced with a few of my favorite spices. A fall must-make soup for sure.
First wash, peel and trim one butternut squash.
Next cut it in half and scrape out those seeds and stringy fibers.
Next, slice and dice.
Then scatter the squash onto a rimmed, metal sheet and toss with a drizzle of oil and a couple pinches of salt.
Meanwhile, dice up a yellow onion
And then mince up 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
And then stir to combine.
How To Make Butternut Squash Soup
This easy Butternut Squash Soup recipe is super simple to make in just under an hour. The apple is the perfect amount of sweetness but not overly sweet still allowing the buttery, earthiness of the squash to shine through.
Heres how to make Apple Butternut Squash Soup:
Also Check: Acini De Pepe Publix
Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients:
To make this easy butternut squash soup recipe, you will need:
- Butternut squash: You can either use 1 medium-sized fresh butternut squash or you will need between 4 to 5 cups of pre-cut raw butternut squash.
- Carrot and onion: These will serve as the additional veggies for the soup.
- Apple: Any variety of apple will work in this recipe , but Im partial to Granny Smith apples that add extra hint of tartness in addition to their sweet flavor.
- Vegetable broth: I typically make this soup with veggie broth to keep it vegetarian and vegan, but chicken broth would also work well in this recipe too.
- Coconut milk: I love the sweetness and light hint of coconut flavor that coconut milk adds to this soup. But feel free to sub half and half instead of coconut milk if you prefer.
- Seasonings: My moms recipe uses a simple blend of garlic, fresh sage, cayenne, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and black pepper. Feel free to adjust the amount of cayenne to taste. And I also highly recommend briefly frying up a few extra sage leaves to sprinkle on top of the soup as a crispy garnish.
- Your choice of garnishes: I like to drizzle on some extra coconut milk , a sprinkle of toasted pepitas, and a sprinkle of extra black pepper and/or smoked paprika. Or see more ideas below!
You will also need a: