Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 For more authentic Olive Garden minestrone flavor, stir in 1/3 cup Chianti wine after sautéing vegetables, and cook until wine is reduced by half. You can also substitute 2 teaspoons of the vegetable soup base with a mushroom soup base, which is a concentrated flavored paste that is added for umami flavor. It can be purchased in the soup aisle of the grocery store, near the bouillon and chicken base.
- tip 2 Since this Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe includes pasta, it will gradually soak up some of the broth during cooling and in storage. You may need to add more water when reheating to thin out, based on your preference.
- tip 3 Breadsticks are also great sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. After removing them from the oven, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, but leave out the salt since the Parmesan will add salt.
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
This soup can easily be made in the slow cooker if youd prefer to go that route. You can add all the ingredients to the slow cooker minus the pasta, spinach and parsley, then let everything simmer for 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. Stir in the pasta and spinach and let everything cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
How To Make Dinner At The Zoos Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Youll start by sautéing diced onion, sliced celery, carrots, zucchini, and minced garlic until tender, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a can of diced tomatoes, 4 cups of vegetable broth, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning and bring to a simmer.Stir in cans of drained and rinsed white beans and kidney beans, along with frozen cut green beans and small shell pasta. Simmer until the pasta and vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, add baby spinach, and stir until the spinach is just wilted.
Also Check: What Soups Help You Lose Weight
More Soup Recipes To Try
- 1can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1can small white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- ½teaspoondried basil
- ¼teaspoondried thyme
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½cupditalini pasta
- 3cupsfresh baby spinach leaves
- 2tablespoonschopped fresh parsley
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- For serving: grated Parmesan cheese additional chopped fresh herbs
How Much Does It Cost
Whether you are looking for a great appetizer or a lighter meal, Olive Garden’s minestrone soup is listed on the menu for a great price. You can get a whole bowl for just $6.79 . If you choose to get the combo meal, which also includes breadsticks and salad, it’s $9.99. It’s even cheaper when you order it for a weekday lunch at just $7.99. Other options for soup sizes include a whole gallon, which serves 12, for $24.49 or a half-gallon that serves six people for $14.99.
With these size options, you could easily get a bowl of soup for a quick and delicious lunch for a steal. However, you could also order pick-up or delivery from the restaurant chain and have a batch of your favorite freshly made soup to enjoy throughout a week or two. No matter what your needs, Olive Garden has the perfect selection of soup sizes at great prices available for order.
Read Also: Dr Mcdougall Soup Where To Buy
Other Olive Garden Recipes
One of the most searched for restaurant recipes, youll be proud to serve this to your family or friends. This recipe works very well with the Olive Garden salad recipe and the Olive Garden Breadsticks recipe. Make it an Olive Garden night at your house.
Some people have said the real secret to an authentic Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe is to add a bit of red wine to the broth while its cooking. While, I didnt put that into the official recipe, I would love to know your thoughts on the recipe if you try it.
Olive Garden’s Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1cupwhite onion, diced
- 1/2cupcelery, diced
- 1/2cupcarrots peeled, diced
- 1zucchini, diced
- 14ozcanned diced tomatoes
- 32ozvegetable stock
- 1 1/2tbspItalian seasoning
- 2tbsptomato paste
- 15ozcanned small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 15ozcanned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1cupfrozen green beans
- 1/2cupsmall shell-shaped pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Read Also: How To Make Noodle Soup
To Go & Catering Stellini Soup Olive Garden 1 Serving 200 Calories 22 G 70 G 9 G 1 G 20 Mg 25 G 1240 Mg 2 G 0 G Serving Nutrition Facts
Stellini soup olive garden recipe. It was established in 1982. 33.7% fat, 47.1% carbs, 19.3% protein. Make in the slow cooker or instant pot.
Olive garden italian wedding soup. 34.5% fat, 46.7% carbs, 18.8% protein This easy olive garden zuppa toscana soup is a super quick and simple copycat recipe with rich, creamy flavor you cant resist!.
This flavorful soup was made to be enjoyed on a chilly day. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. This is a copycat version of the italian wedding soup served at olive garden on rare occasions.
It was established in 1982. 13% saturated fat 2.5g trans fat 0g. The name of this soup comes from its italian name, which.
A more complicated recipe entitled copycat olive garden italian wedding soup includes everything from nutmeg to pastina to beef and pork. Cook tortellini according to package directions Add mushrooms and thin strips of nori for more flavor.
Its also the one vegan soup option, so like a comfy plain white tee, it can be enjoyed by everyone. Recommended daily intake based on 2000 calories diet. Dietary fiber 1g sugars 2g.
There are 3130 calories in a 1 gallon serving of olive garden regional recipe, stellini soup catering . Calories % daily value* 11%. The minestrone soup was a melting pot of leafy greens, onions, tomatoes, celery, green beans, zucchini, shell pasta, and beans.
Olive garden is an italian restaurant. Meatballs can be made ahead and frozen until needed. Regional recipe, stellini soup catering nutrition facts.
Serving The Minestrone Soup
Some freshly grated parmesan cheese is the perfect garnish for minestrone. After all, thats what they do at Olive Garden! It wouldnt hurt to add some chopped basil or cracked pepper to the mix.
Like I said before, minestrone is a stand-alone kind of soup. However, there is nothing like sopping up that hearty broth with nice piece of bread. Try making my Parmesan Garlic Flatbread Recipe or No Knead Bread.
Recommended Reading: Order Frozen Soup Dumplings Online
How Long Does This Soup Last In The Refrigerator
When stored in an air tight container, this soup lasts up to one week in the refrigerator. To re-heat, just transfer the soup to a medium sauce pan and heat low and slow. The pasta does continue to absorb liquid so you may need to add more broth. Or cook the pasta right before youre ready to eat vs adding it to the entire pot of soup.
How To Make The Best Minestrone Soup:
- Dont cut corners. Make sure to use high quality vegetable stock or the end result will suffer. Our Instant Pot Bone Broth would also work, if youre not concerned with keeping this soup recipe vegan.
- Vegetables dice up the veggies as close in size as possible for even cooking. Fresh spinach works best. Frozen spinach will turn to mush.
- Use no or low sodium broth, beans and tomatoes. Canned beans and tomatoes are LOADED with sodium. We make Instant Pot Kidney Beans, when possible, to use.
Recommended Reading: Health Valley Organic Lentil Soup
Other Italian Soup Recipes
Here you will find soups and stews from other favorite Italian restaurants. You’ll find soup recipes from places like Macaroni Grill, Carrabba’s, and even Corner Bakery! Italian soups are always full of such great flavor that it’s no wonder why people spend the extra money just to get a taste. These copycat Italian creations are just as warm and satisfying as their restaurant counterparts – without the extra cost! Be sure to try each soup from the list and see for yourself what makes Italian dining so popular.
- Macaroni Grill Copycat Pasta Milano SoupThis is a unique soup recipe based on one of the best Macaroni Grill dishes.
- Copycat Carrabba’s Sausage and Lentil SoupThis hearty winter soup recipe should be at the top of your must-make list.
- Copycat Carrabba’s Minestrone SoupThis classic minestrone soup will please everyone at the table.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup RecipeThrow this soup in your slow cooker, and you’ll have a tasty and filling dinner in no time.
- This classic comfort food soup recipe will remind you of your childhood!
Still hungry? From sweet and savory soups to delicious desserts, we have just the collection for you:
What’s your favorite Olive Garden soup recipe?Let us know in the comments!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up – please try again.
Get The Complete Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Below Enjoy
Stir and simmer for 2 more minutes.
If the soup seems extra thick, add 1-2 cups of water and bring it back up to a simmer. Cook for another minute or so, then salt and pepper again if needed.
Remove from the heat and ladle the minestrone soup into bowls with a sprinkling of more fresh parsley.
Serve warm with your favorite savory side dishes.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Amy’s Organic Soup
What Kind Of Noodles To Use For Minestrone
- Ditalini pasta, which is what we use, is our personal favorite for this recipe. They are the most perfect short little tubes! We love to use this kind of pasta noodle for minestrone because it is a similar size to the other ingredients and mixes into the soup well.
- Macaroni elbows an awesome match for this soup. Similar to Ditalini noodles, the small tube shaped pasta is the perfect size to accompany the other components of the minestrone.
- We have a sweet spot in our hearts for Orzo pasta. In fact, two of our favorite pasta recipes here at Food Dolls are our Egyptian orzo pastaand our one pot mediterranean orzo pasta . This pasta is a similar shape as rice, and works so well in soup.
- Rotelle pasta is another great pasta shape to go in this minestrone soup. It is the perfect size and shape, and kids absolutely love the wheel shape! Use this pasta noodle for some extra fun during mealtime.
How To Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Don’t Miss: Onion Soup Mix Gravy Roast
What Should I Serve At Olive Garden
You should serve homemade Olive Garden Breadstick and Olive Gardens Salad. Olive Garden sells their salad dressing in many grocery stores, but you could make the Olive Garden Vinaigrette Dressing from scratch if desired. Be sure to check out more of my copycat soup recipes and popular copycat restaurant recipes.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Faq
Whats the difference between this recipe and the minestrone soup from Olive Garden?
While we cant know exactly how the restaurant prepares its recipes, we know the main ingredients are essentially the same.
The restaurant has updated its menu in recent years, and now shows this dish as a vegan option. A simple swap of vegetable stock for the chicken broth will give you the same results!
How do I save leftovers?
Allow leftovers to cool, then transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheat on the stove until warmed through, adding extra broth if needed.
You can also freeze Italian minestrone soup, but I recommend cooking the noodles separately and adding in a handful just before serving.
Can I make Olive Garden minestrone soup in the crockpot?
Take a look at this slow cooker version for detailed instructions. The ingredients and measurements are a little bit different, but the end result is pretty much the same.
Read Also: Healthy Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
Why This Is The Best Minestrone Soup
Our homemade version is better than the Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe! Like traditional Italian chefs, we use seasonal ingredients. This is the freshest way to cook.
If you have an abundance of summer squash or green beans in your garden, feature those in this beautiful soup. No ditalini pasta in the pantry? Use any short sturdy pasta you have on hand.
How To Make Minestrone Soup
Like just about any and every great soup recipe, this here is a one-pot wonder dish.
After you chop and prepare all of the ingredients, set a large 6-8 quart saucepot over medium heat.
Add the olive oil to the pot. Once hot, add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Generously salt and pepper to taste. Then sauté for 4-6 minutes just to soften. You dont want them to get burned or mushy!
Next add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.
Increase the heat if necessary and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, stir in the kidney beans, great northern beans, green beans, and pasta. Stir well and lower the heat if needed back to medium or medium-low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, partially covered.
Make sure to stir every 2 minutes, so the pasta doesnt stick to the bottom. Lastly, add in the sliced zucchini, spinach leaves, and parsley.
Read Also: French Onion Dip With Lipton Soup Mix
What Is In Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Every time I visit the Olive Garden, I have to get the minestrone soup. Its full of great flavors and textures, yet its light enough that I still have room for the main course.
I love this copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe because its loaded up with some of my favorite veggies zucchini, spinach, carrots, green beans with pasta and beans in a savory tomato broth.
What Is The Recipe For Olive Garden Soup
DIRECTIONS In a large stockpot,put water,bouillon,salt,red pepper flakes,garlic,and potatoes. Sauté the sausage and onion in a skillet,until the sausage is brown,then add it to the stockpot,along with the Kale. Add the cream and bacon bits,and simmer for about 10 minutes. Notes: I use 10 medium size potatoes.
Recommended Reading: Publix Soup Of The Day Schedule
How To Store Minestrone Soup
- How to store leftovers. Allow your soup to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Note that the soup will thicken as it stands and the noodles will absorb a lot of broth. The longer this soup is stored, the noodles will begin to break down and get mushy.
- How to reheat leftovers. Leftover minestrone soup can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave. You may need to thin the soup a bit with some broth.
- Can you freeze Minestrone Soup? Minestrone soup freezes very well without the noodles, which continue to absorb the broth. Once defrosted, the pasta tends to get mushy. I recommend omitting the noodles and cooking up a fresh batch after the soup has thawed. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container, remove as much air as possible, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or stovetop and add in a fresh batch of cooked noodles.
Vegan Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Published: Â» By: Kylie Â» This post may contain affiliate links. Â»
This copycat Olive Garden minestrone soup comes together in about 30 minutes and it cooks all in one pot! This easy soup is loaded with fresh veggies, beans, and al dente pasta in a delicious tomato broth. It’s perfect for meal prep or an easy weeknight dinner!
You May Like: Dairy Free Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
What Vegetables Go Into Minestrone Soup
This soup is loaded with veggies, it contains onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, green beans and spinach. This is the same blend of vegetables that Olive Garden uses, but you can absolutely change up the veggies depending on whats in season and what you have on hand. Other great vegetable choices are
- Russet potatoes
Does Olive Garden Have Vegan Options
Keeping in view that Italian cuisine is infamous for being not-so-vegan-friendly, it may come as a surprise to many that Olive Garden actually offers vegan food options.
Not only does it have plant-based food, but the restaurant also provides a distinct vegetarian and vegan menu and has even dedicated an entire page on its website to answer some common questions plant-eaters ask about their food.
Even though there are very limited vegan options at Olive Garden, it feels incredibly amazing to finally see a restaurant taking its consumers needs so seriously. Kudos to Olive Garden for setting a great example. I just hope other restaurants follow Olive Gardens lead soon.
Also Check: Is Lipton Onion Soup Gluten Free
Recommended Reading: Potato Leek And Bacon Soup Recipe
What Ingredients You Will Need
This is one of those recipes that has just the right balance of fresh ingredients and pantry staples. To make our copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup from scratch you need:
- Olive oil or preferred high heat cooking oil
- Onion peeled and chopped
- Dried pasta small shape like ditalini , macaroni, or shells
- Zucchini halved and sliced into half-moon shapes
- Baby spinach fresh, washed and dried
- Fresh chopped