Why You Will Love This Chicken Soup Recipe
- Creamy good: This chicken mushroom soup is made with coconut cream to give it a delicious hearty and creamy texture.
- Nutritious: Filled with veggies that are good for you and packed with nutrition. This creamy mushroom soup is also made with lean chicken breast bites thats high in lean protein.
- Family-friendly: A well balanced meal for the family to enjoy over lunch or dinner. Hearty and delicious.
Chicken And Rice Casserole With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Ive shared quite a few different chicken and rice casserole recipes over the years from dump-and-bake options to made-from-scratch dishes but this particular dinner is definitely one of my favorites! It wins major points for ease , but doesnt sacrifice fresh, homemade taste. While cream of mushroom soup is a simple base, the meal really gets its flavor from sautéed mushrooms, onions and celery, along with herbs like chives, parsley and thyme. You also cant beat a crunchy, buttery, Ritz cracker and French fried onion topping. This is your grandmothers old school chicken and rice casserole elevated!
Origin Of This Campbells Chicken And Rice Casserole Dish
This recipe is one of my late Grandma Mollys special recipes. My Granny used to live alone in Forest Hill in South London, and I used to visit her by train whenever I was around.
My Gran was not really a great one for cooking, but she always made this simple recipe for me when I was visiting, as she knew I loved it. I believe her version did not even have any garlic or shallots in it, and I do not think she even pre-cooked the chicken, as I do. It was that simple!
If youre tired, frustrated and all out of culinary inspiration, these Campbells soup recipes might just save dinner.
There are so many recipes to choose from here, all designed to get a hearty, satisfying meal on the table with minimal hassle.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Because some nights, the last thing you feel like doing is slaving over a stove. Maybe you had a bad day at work, or perhaps the kids are acting up.
Whatevers going on, you just dont have the time or the headspace to cook a gourmet meal.
Dont worry, Campbells soup is here to help! With these simple recipes, dinner has never been easier.
Also Check: Chef’s Cupboard Chicken Noodle Soup
Can You Freeze This Campbells Chicken And Rice
This wont freeze very well due to texture issues with the rice. Its so fast to make and tastes so good fresh, theres no need to bother with freezing it!
If you have a portion of leftovers that you want to freeze, allow this creamy chicken and rice to cool and put it in a well-sealed freezer container.
Youll likely need to add some moisture when you reheat it, and the rice will probably be mushy. However, itll still taste yummy.
Creamy Chicken And Mushroom Soup
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as needed*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless, skinless thin-cut chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Noodles, rice or mashed potatoes for serving
Also Check: Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken And Rice Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need And Substitues
To make this creamy and healthy chicken mushroom soup recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Full measurements will be listed further down below.
- olive oil: any oil will work so use what you have at home
- Chicken: we prefer that you use lean boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Onion: red or white onion
- Garlic cloves: use fresh garlic
- Veggies: you will need carrots, celery and mushrooms
- Herbs and seasonings: dried thyme, salt & pepper, bay leaf, sprig of rosemary, fresh parsley
- Coconut cream: yes, use the cream verson and not the milk. If you use milk the soup wont be as creamy and thick
- Stock: any stock you have. Preferabley chicken or vegetable stock
- Flour: any flour you have handy, all purpose, gluten-free, or whole-wheat
Saut Mushrooms Before Baking
Mushrooms are one of my favorite casserole ingredients. They are so versatile, meaty, and take on any flavor with ease.
In the same skillet you seared the chicken in, add sliced mushrooms, a little bit more butter, and season with black pepper. Cook them for about 3 minutes to sauté them and make them more flavorful.
Don’t Miss: Onion Soup Mix Dip Mayo
Top Results For Chicken In Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Mushroom Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Youve probably guessed how to make this casserole from the name. But can you guess how good it tastes?
This is surprisingly hearty and satisfying, so its one to keep for those days when youre hungry but lazy .
And big families will appreciate that its scalable and budget-friendly.
Cheaper cuts of chicken like thighs work well here, as they stay juicy and soak up all the flavor while it simmers in the oven.
Recommended Reading: Campbells Chicken Divan With Rice Recipe
Pork Chops In Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Each bite of these slow cooker pork chops is full of flavor from the seasoned salt and quick gravy. Theres a good flavor combination that comes together really well and tastes great served over mashed potatoes, air fryer baby potatoes or rice with garlicky broccoli.
Fork tender pork chops served in cream of mushroom soup with cream cheese and butter creates an excellent semi-homemade gravy.
Cream of mushroom soup adds so much flavor to our Country Style Ribs with Mushroom Gravy and our No-Peek Country Style Ribs. So we knew we had to try a version with pork chops.
Dont Miss: Campbells Ready To Serve Soup
What Type Of Mushrooms To Buy
For this recipe I recommend pre sliced baby portabella mushrooms. They tend to be just slightly more expensive than whole white button mushrooms for example. But the flavor difference and ease of working with prepped mushrooms is worth it to me.
I cant believe I didnt like mushrooms as a kid, they are so earthy and delicious. I am the proud mom of two out of three kids who likes mushrooms and one who is tolerant. It feels like the biggest win.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Mushroom Casserole Campbells
How To Make This Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- Prepare the chicken: Chop and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken: Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and almost cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Sautee the veggies: Add in the remaining oil, the onions, garlic, carrots, celery to the pot and sauté, stirring often for about 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Get the broth ready: In a small bowl, whisk the flour with 1/3 cup of the broth, until the flour is fully dissolved.
- Add chicken and broth to the pot: Return the chicken back to the pot, together with the herb sprigs, coconut cream, broth, and broth slurry. Mix well to combine, then bring to a boil.
- Allow soup to cook: Reduce the heat and allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesnt catch the bottom of the pot.
- Once the soup is thickened and mushrooms are tender turn off the heat. Remove and discard the sprigs and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Cream Of Mushroom Chicken Casserole The Easy Way
It doesnt get much better than tender chicken breast smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce!
Being a mushroom lover, I have lots of recipes I have shared here like my Baked Chicken Marsala, Baked Cheesy Mushroom Chicken, Beef and Mushroom Casserole. We also have a from scratch Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe we LOVE, but when I am busy or dont want to make a mess, this is my go-to short cut recipe that is every bit as delicious and only uses 6 ingredients and one casserole dish.
It literally doesnt get any easier than this, and the chicken is so good, people may think it took you all day!
Also Check: Lipton Potatoes
How Long To Bake Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
The total baking time will vary depending on the size, weight and type of chicken pieces that you choose. If using a whole cut-up chicken or bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs, you will need to bake the chicken in the sauce for about 1 hour. You can reduce the cooking time for boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, which will likely only need about 30-45 minutes in a 350° F oven. For best results, always use an instant-read thermometer to know when you chicken is done. It should reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
Cream Of Mushroom Casserole Life Currents
Perfectly sautéed mushrooms hurt, brown, and never ever soaked. Obtain browned and also tender mushrooms and stay clear of mushrooms cooked in their very own juices by following this easy recipe.
Melt-in-your mouth garlic mushrooms can be delighted in at breakfast , as a side to Roast Chicken, Pork Roast with Crackle or with a juicy Steakhouse Steak. While I enjoy using fried mushrooms to cover a steak or hamburger, they likewise include amazing taste to any type of mushroom recipe! Discover classics like velvety mushroom soup, mushroom mushroom, risotto as well as chicken pie and mushroom hamburgers.
You May Like: Campbells French Onion Soup Nutrition
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Chuck Roast Recipe
Cream Mushroom Soup Casserole Recipes
Something took place to me a year or 2 into the food blogging game that made me go from a mushroom h8er 4 lyfe to a Professional Mushroom Eater. Im, like, 900% certain that that something entailed butter and also garlic and white wine in a crackling hot pan that also OCCURRED to consist of a couple of mushrooms? Whatevs.
Chicken Tenders For Making Mushroom Chicken
Chicken tenders are literally the most tender cut of chicken, which makes them a delicious choice for dinner. I love using them to make dinner quickly. Garlic Butter Tenders is a very popular dish on the blog and at my house. You can use these to make an easy Chicken Scampi dinner too.
Want more chicken dinner ideas? See all of my Easy Chicken Recipes!
Overall, chicken tenders are a great choice for making cream of mushroom chicken. Other cuts of chicken can be used as well, just slice them thinly so they cook quickly.
Recommended Reading: Knorr Vegetable Mix Gluten Free
What Makes Hungarian Mushroom Soup Hungarian
Paprika! Paprika at its most basic is simply dried, ground peppers, and it is a spice that is believed to have originated in Hungary as early as the 15th century and is today a defining flavor of Hungarian cuisine. All paprika is not created equal, though. Heres a quick crash course in our favorite smokey, spicy, sweet, pink-ifying spice:
- For our Hungarian mushroom soup, sweet, mild Hungarian paprika is the classic choice. You can look for it at your local grocery store labeled as Hungarian sweet paprika. You can order it online here, too.
- If you prefer a little kick, you can also look for Hungarian Half-Sharp Paprika which is a slightly spicier take on the classic sweet Hungarian paprika.
- Many recipes call specifically for Spanish paprikalike paella, for examplealso known as pimenton, which is a type of paprika made from a slightly different type of pepper than the Hungarian version. While we love its unique smoky depth of flavor, its not right for this Hungarian mushroom soup.
What You Need To Make Creamy Chicken Bake
Not a fan of canned soups, make them from scratch!
I share links to make your own homemade condensed cream soups in my recipe below.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or similar size. Place chicken breast in baking dish in a single layer lightly salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl mix soups, sour cream, onion powder, mushrooms, chives and water. Next, evenly pour over top of chicken and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Bake on middle rack, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour, until chicken breast is cooked thoroughly and internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees f. Cooking time will vary depending on size of breasts. *The best way to make sure the chicken is ready is checking theinternal temperature.
MORE AWESOME CHICKEN RECIPE TO TRY
CHICKEN LAZONE , from South Your Mouth
CREAMY CHEESY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI, aka, The Best Chicken Spaghetti from The Country Cook
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY from The country Cook
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup *Or make Homemade Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup, using equivalent amount
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup *Or make Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, equivalent amount
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz can Mushrooms drained *optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or similar size.
Add additional chives on top after baking.
Read Also: Campbells Chicken Rice Recipe
Copycat Campbells Tomato Soup
Were not using Campbells soup in this recipe were copying it.
This is a replica of the flavors you know and love sweet tomatoes, rich cream, a hint of basil but in an easy DIY version.
And even though its homemade, it doesnt take long to get in front of hungry family members.
Try a taste-test with the real thing, and I dare you to spot the difference.
Confession time I almost never make stuffing the traditional way any more.
Instead of wrestling with a roasted bird, just make this easy casserole as a holiday side.
Breadcrumbs, veggies, and cream of chicken soup come together to produce a casserole that can do double duty as a tasty main or a savory side.
Easy for you, tasty for your guests, everyones a winner!
Cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, and flaky tuna come together in this meal.
This comfort food casserole is easy, light on the household finances, and ideal for make-ahead meals.
Its not fancy, and thats the beauty of this simple-yet-irresistible dish. The kids will beg for more while the adults sneak seconds.
Keep this one in regular rotation, and you wont have to worry about pleasing picky eaters.
Read Also: Parks And Nash Bone Broth Soup
Campbells Chicken And Rice
Campbells chicken and rice is one of my go-to chicken casserole recipes for busy weeknights. It assembles in a handful of minutes with no fuss and ingredients straight from the pantry. Youll love how quickly and easily youll get dinner on the table with this recipe.
I adore chicken and rice recipes. Theyre comforting and wholesome and my entire family loves them! So, of course, I make them often and have quite a few versions to mix things up a bit!
This is the easiest one I make! Its a great recipe to add to your dinner rotation. One of the best parts of this recipe is a one-pan meal!
Like all good chicken recipes such as instant pot chicken and rice and chicken broccoli rice casserole, this is a versatile recipe. You can add your own twist on it by adding veggies or cheese to customize it for your family.
Lets make some dinner!
Dont Miss: Roasted Corn And Poblano Soup
You May Like: Potato Soup Recipe Hash Browns
Watch How To Make Cream Of Mushroom Chicken
Cream of Mushroom ChickenPlay Video
It spoke to me.
In the course of giving you recipes, I will always make my recommendations for what I think works best, but you should feel free to do what works right for you in your kitchen.
This Cream of Mushroom Chicken is a perfect example. The classic version of this recipe uses canned cream of mushroom soup a great shortcut in the kitchen! In this version we are making condensed cream of mushroom soup from scratch and the total recipe takes 35 minutes.
Do what works for you!
I made your cream of mushroom chicken recipe tonight, it was delicious and very easy to make. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!