Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy
I am a huge fan of crockpot meals, especially this time of year. I dont know about you, but I am really busy during the holiday season. The last thing I want to worry about is dinner. This recipe is super easy and tastes great. Chicken slow-cooked in chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. Serve the shredded chicken over rice and dinner is done. I used Uncle Bens Ready Rice, and dinner was ready in less than 5 minutes after walking in the door! Cant beat that any time of year!
What Julia Child’s Favorite Soup Recipe Teaches Us About The Art Of Cookingyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
Child was, after all, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu and took 10 years to research and write her first book, ” Mastering the Art of French Cooking .” RELATED: Clean-up is a breeze with these 6 easy-to-make souprecipes you can cook in one pot While the prayer candle was unfortunately lost during a move,
Salon on MSN.com
Video Result For Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes Easy
How to make Cream of Chicken Soup – Easy Cooking!
Smooth & Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken soup 🙂 Easy…
EASY CHICKEN RECIPE WITH CAMPBELL’S CREAM OF CHICKEN:…
You May Like: Is Aldi Onion Soup Mix Gluten-free
Tips For The Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Crack Chicken Soup Recipe
This slow cooker crack chicken soup recipe is loaded with incredible cheesy flavor! This is the ultimate comfort food, prepared with bacon, chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, spinach, and ranch seasoning. Here are a few tips to make it perfect:
- You can add more chicken broth to make the soup thinner if you prefer. We usually use between 4 and 6 cups of liquid for a 6-quart slow cooker.
- We tried this crack chicken soup with reduced-fat cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese and it worked quite well.
- If the cream cheese gets clumpy in the soup, use a whisk to get it incorporated into the broth. Alternatively, when you start cooking, you can warm up the chicken broth and stir the cream cheese progressively before pouring it over the chicken in the slow cooker. In some occurrences, the cream cheese can separate into chicken soup. This is not necessarily pretty, but it doesnt alter the taste!
- You can use turkey bacon instead of regular pork bacon for the topping.
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken
This Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken recipe is filled with tender shredded chicken in a deliciously thick gravy.
Serve this saucy chicken with steamed rice or egg noodles and top with shredded cheese for dinner tonight!
This is one of those quick comfort food meals that I know everyone in the family will enjoy.
Creamy shredded chicken is also great for serving at potlucks or parties.
Read Also: Campbell Soup Recipe For Chicken And Rice Casserole
How To Make Chicken & Gravy In The Crockpot
This Crockpot Chicken & Gravy is SUPER easy to make. Simply place the chicken in the slow cooker, Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I sometimes use garlic salt or seasoned salt instead of plain salt. Once the chicken is seasoned on both sides, whisk together the gravy packets and soup. Pour the soup over the chicken and cook.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks right in the slow cooker. We like to serve the chicken over white rice. Feel free to use cooked brown rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Heck, you could even serve this over some Texas toast for a chicken & gravy sandwich. If you are eating gluten-free, I think this would be great over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
I used chicken gravy mix. Feel free to use any packet of gravy mix you prefer. If you want a thinner gravy, add about ½ to 1 cup of water or chicken broth to the soup mixture. Adding some water/chicken broth is a great way to stretch the gravy. The slow cooker gravy is the BEST part of the whole recipe!
Does Noodles And Company Take Cashyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
In February, the bakery company known for its Twinkies and Ding Dongs offered employees bonuses in the form of cash and 401 contributions, as well as a year’s supply of Hostess products. Noodles & Company Workers will earn up to four hours of paid time off for receiving the vaccine,
Read Also: Onion Soup Mix Recipe Potatoes
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy Ingredients:
- Skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- Cream of condensed chicken soup
- Ranch dry seasoning
- Mashed potatoes or rice
Full recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. The recipe card can also be printed. Approximate nutrition facts are listed below.
We love this particular recipe over mashed potatoes because the flavors go so well together and its filling. But, it also tastes great over white rice.
Another option is to thicken the gravy and put over egg noodles.
If you dont want to take the time to make mashed potatoes, grab some pre-made mashed potatoes at the grocery store, heat them up, top them with the shredded chicken and gravy, and youve got dinner.
We like the Bob Evans brand of mashed potatoes around here, but there are a lot of different companies to choose from.
If youd like to make the mashed potatoes, I have a simple and delicious recipe for them on the blog.
Other Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow cooker lasagna is a great recipe that will feed a crowd.
- Crock Pot macaroni and cheese is always a great side dish and this is a recipe that is easy to make and super cheesy.
- Slow cooker creamy ranch chicken and potatoes is another delicious dinner that produces tender chicken and potatoes with a ton of flavor.
- Easy Crock Pot meatballs are a great dish for potlucks, parties, and gatherings. This is my favorite way to eat meatballs and it only calls for a handful of ingredients.
- Slow cooker ranch pork chops are always an easy meal that everyone loves. This is one of our favorite things around here. The recipe only takes a few minutes of prep time.
- Crock Pot beef stew is a hearty meal for those cold and wintry nights and is a comforting meal.
- Slow cooker BBQ beef is made with homemade barbecue sauce, is perfect for parties, and is always a hit on some sesame seed buns with some corn fritters on the side.
- The best slow cooker pork tenderloin from Debby over at Southern Home Express is another great recipe for those days you want an easy meal.
Also Check: Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix Recipes With Chicken
Serving This Creamy Chicken Soup
Personally, I cannot serve this soup without biscuits and black pepper, but really, this soup is so creamy and comforting that all it needs is a bowl and spoon. If you need to feed staggered diners, lean on one of the advantages of soup in the slow cooker and just set the slow cooker to warm. The soup will remain warm for up to two hours and be like a warm hug to those who come through the kitchen after work or soccer practice hungry and scrambling for something delicious to eat.
Can I Put Frozen Chicken In The Crockpot
Yes again!! This is a great option when trying to come up with a great slow cooker chicken recipe using meat in your freezer.
You can see here, that is what was used. I would say theres only a difference of 30 minutes or so between this and fresh breasts. Just make sure the internal meat temperature gets up to 165 degrees during the cooking process to be safe.
- If you did some batch cooking earlier and made bags full of precooked boiled shredded chicken, this will get done really fast!
- Using leftover chicken, youll just be warming everything together so I would say low for 2 hours or so should do it.
Either way we love this recipe because its pure comfort food in a bowl!
You May Like: Pillsbury Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- Meat: This simple dinner is great for whatever boneless, skinless meat you have on hand. You can easily substitute pork chops, turkey breasts, or chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
- Mushroom: Cream of Mushroom Soup is a tasty substitute for the chicken soup. For more of that earthy flavor, add diced brown mushrooms during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Broth: Give your gravy more chicken flavor and use chicken broth instead of water. You can also use beef broth to make more of a brown gravy.
- Veggies: The last hour of cooking, stir in your favorite frozen veggies like peas and carrots to make this dish heartier and well rounded.
- Gravy Mix: Instead of chicken gravy packets, use 4 tablespoons of the Chicken Gravy Mix below to make it completely homemade.
Homemade Chicken Gravy Mix:
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Blend bouillon and seasonings in a food processor until fine. Sift into flour until well combined. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
About the Author: Sabrina Snyder
Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy
This Crockpot Chicken & Gravy is a favorite in our house. It is so simple to make and tastes great! I always have the ingredients on hand so we can make this yummy chicken! As I said, we serve the chicken and gravy over rice. We also love to make some green beans or asparagus to go with this chicken. Here are a few of our favorite side dish recipes that go great with this Easy Crockpot Chicken & Gravy:
You May Like: Gluten Free Vegetable Soup Mix
How To Make Your Own Ranch Dressing Mix
If you want to make your own ranch seasoning mix, especially if you are doing strict Keto some Dry Ranch Seasoning packets may contain sugar: Combine dry buttermilk powder, dried parsley, dry dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Vary the amounts depending on your taste.
Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy has tender chicken breasts in a wonderful gravy, great over mashed potatoes and white bread.
Im always looking for an easy slow cooker recipe and this one couldnt be easier and its crowd-pleasing. This is a perfect recipe to transform boring chicken breasts.
If you love comfort food, then you will love this Slow Cooker and Gravy. This recipe uses chicken breasts which turn out very juicy in the gravy that they are cooked in. This recipe is a staple in our house my daughter requests this meal often along with mashed potatoes and corn.
Read Also: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Campbells Soup
More About This Recipe
- It’s the simple things like this slow-cooker cream cheese chicken that make life worth living. We won’t blame you for wanting to pour the easy-to-make rich, creamy cheese sauce included in this recipe all over everything. Pasta? Yes. Mashed potatoes? Absolutely. When choosing which noodles should go in this dish, we suggest going with egg noodles or some other corkscrew-shaped noodle. Why? The grooves in these spiral-shaped noodles are the perfect traps for silky cheese sauce, ensuring maximum cheese quantity in every bite. White rice is also an excellent choice for a hearty pairing. This is one of our favorite chicken recipes, but since you can never have enough chicken dishes, we have tons of recipes just for you.
You Can Also Use A Casserole Crock Pot:
You can use a traditional style of crock pot but we also really like to use one of these casserole crock pot styles.It is perfect for casserole style slow cooker recipes.
I bought mine on ,and I love it. It is perfect for the Holidays and really year round.
Plus, it is just so pretty. We can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on.
Read Also: Can I Give My Dog Chicken Noodle Soup
Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken
Creamy Ranch Chicken is a crock pot favorite of ours. Savory and creamy ranch chicken, potatoes and carrots are all slow cooked together for one delicious meal!
I love my crock pot. I use it ALL the time and definitely year round. Slow cookers are little life savers, especially on busy days! Its such a good feeling to get dinner prepped and out of the way first thing in the morning. The extra bonus is smelling it cook all day!
This Creamy Ranch Chicken is a crock pot favorite of ours. Its dinner all in one! You have your meat, potatoes and veggie all cooked and ready to eat once the time is up. I love that!
Not only is this recipe super convenient it is delicious. The ranch flavor is just perfect. Not too overpowering at all. My kids devour this and so does my hubby. Its on the dinner rotation often at my house.
Give my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mixa try in this recipe. I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
You Need A Crockpot For This Slow Cooker Chicken And Rice
I really like this crockpot. I use this all the time and its great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Don’t Miss: Knorr Vegetable Mix Gluten-free
Using A Roux To Thicken Soup:
You can also cook up a roux on the stove or in the microwave.
Using a roux to thicken soup is great if you want a really thick soup, and you dont mind a little extra effort.
To make a roux, you melt some butter in a pan and add an almost equal amount of flour. Cook that for a couple minutes, then whisk in some milk gradually, until you have a nice thick creamy paste or sauce .
You can also make a roux in the microwave, but it is a little more finicky because you have to keep an eye on it the entire time as it bubbles up quickly and needs lots of stirring.
Chicken And Rice Crockpot Recipe Easy To Make
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it is very frugal friendly. The rice and cheese really stretch the meat and make it easy to feed a big family.
I love meals that are easy on my grocery budget, taste amazing and only take a few minutes to prepare. Life is so busy and most of us are running from work and school to activities and more. Take out is so tempting on those crazy busy days.
Now, you can just toss everything in the crockpot and make this amazing recipe. You will love coming home to dinner ready and waiting.
You May Like: Which Thanksgiving Side Dish Did Dorcas Reilly Invent
Milk Or Cream + Flour To Thicken Soup:
You can whisk together a mixture of milk or cream and flour to thicken soup, and stir it in when you stir in the noodles.
This is a great option if you need easy and dont have corn starch on hand.
The downsides? It takes some time for the flour taste to cook out and the soup to thicken, so if you go this route you may even want to add it to the soup an hour before its done.
The Magic Of Creamy Chicken Soup From The Slow Cooker
Creamy chicken soup from the slow cooker is easy and flavorful. This low-and-slow-cooking soup isnt fussy, and yet it still makes for a bowl you wont soon forget. In this recipe, traditional chicken soup ingredients like chicken and sweet and tender carrots get cooked with the savory favorites.
To turn this into a rich and creamy soup, well add a little flour at the right moment and finish the soup with cream and peas to ensure the bowl you sit down to eat hits all the right notes.
Also Check: Soup Kitchen Nyc Volunteer Opportunities
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy
- Mix the gravy ingredients: Just a few ingredients, mixing them ahead in a bowl or in the insert is just a few seconds of effort.
- Add chicken in whole: This will keep as much moisture as you can given the meat is so low in fat. Cutting in into chunks ahead of time will make the end result drier.
- Shred minimally: When shredding or cutting you dont have to shred the chicken too small or itll be like a filling versus a meal.