Recipes Using Onion Soup Mix
- Listed on the package would be dip. Thats great with chips that is just mixed with sour cream and maybe a bit of black pepper if desired.
- Adds additional flavor to our Ninja Foodi french onion soup or Crockpot French onion soup. Great choices for dinner some night
It seriously makes otherwise bland simple ingredients like ground beef and breadcrumbs come to life with a lot more flavor. My mom used to use one all the time to make her quick meatloaf recipe. I grew up on this dry soup mix in the cupboard at all times. I just thought everyone made it this wayand maybe you do too??
Nutritional information is listed below. You can print recipe or just come back again and again. We always love seeing you here so dont go anywhere once youre done.
We have lots of other tips like making a batch of your own Lawrys seasoned salt, tri tip dry rub and more. I publish something new 7 days a week too so make sure to keep up with all our goodies. Best way to do that is to join our newsletter below. Always free so there is nothing to lose.
How long does soup mix last? That is where the packaging comes into play. As long as you store it in a well sealed container or even a smaller freezer bag with the air sucked out it will stay good for up to 2 years! If you love batch cooking this is for you for sure.
Tips For This Smothered Pork Chops Recipe:
- Use the best looking pork chops you can find. I usually get mine from the butcher counter, as those are generally thicker and less fatty than the ones pre-packaged out in the store. Were using simple ingredients here, so quality is key.
- When you first put the sliced onions in the skillet, itll look like you have WAY too many. Dont worry, they cook down considerably.
- You dont have to fully caramelize the onions, they keep cooking throughout the rest of the recipe process. You way them very soft and golden brown, not deep brown like traditional caramelized onions.
- The fresh thyme sprigs are optional, but totally recommended its a great flavor and really brings home more of the French onion flavor profile.
- Dont worry about only cooking the pork chops a few minutes per side. Theyll keep cooking as the dish is baked later, and you really only want to cook pork to 140-145 F degrees. It should have a slight blush of pink. Pink is GOOD with pork, it means the chops will still be juicy and tender, not tough and leathery.
Instead of reaching for your go-to chicken recipe on a busy weeknight, try this French Onion Smothered Pork Chops recipe I know youll love it!
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- So Easy! Just mix up the ingredients, throw it in a loaf pan, and bake! There are just 4 steps to this recipe its the easiest ever!
- So Tasty! This meatloaf is full of that classic beefy onion soup mix flavor! It makes it rich, delicious, and full of flavor youll adore.
- Perfect for Weeknights! Some may think that meatloaf is only for the weekends when you may have more time not this recipe! Its so easy and hands-off that youll want to add it to the weekly dinner rotation!
Also Check: Campbells Sloppy Joe
Also Check: Andersen’s Split Pea Soup Buellton
Is Lipton Onion Mix Kosher
Lipton Onion Soup Mix is not kosher because it contains salt. Salt is not allowed in meat products according to Jewish law. However, many people who follow a kosher diet still eat Lipton Onion Soup Mix because it tastes delicious. How Do I Make Homemade Pizza Sauce? Answer: Making pizza sauce at home is easier than you think. It takes only five ingredients and about 15 minutes to make. First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic and saute 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and continue stirring until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately with cooked pasta.
Additional Copycat Onion Soup Mix Tips
- If you use this recipe for instant soup, usehomemade stock or beef broth instead of beef bouillon and avoid the too-much-salt situation entirely.
- To make this dry mix vegetarian or vegan, substitute vegetable bouillon instead of beef.
- One ¼ cup serving is the equivalent to one envelope of dry onion soup mix.
- This recipe is a bigger batch. Not massive, but youll get at least 3 servings out of it.
- I like to make a big batch and store it in the spice cabinet in a re-purposed jar. Then I scoop out 4 Tablespoons for whatever recipe Im making .
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Onion Soup Mix in her pantry.
This dried blend of seasonings was just what a variety of recipes called for to enhance flavor.
I use Dry Onion Soup Mix in my own kitchen now. But instead of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I make my own.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions, but still wants the flavor punch that a packet of dried onion soup packs!
You May Like: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
What Is Lipton Onion Soup Mix Made Of
The box mix that you buy in the store has sugar and corn starch, wheat, artificial coloring, and corn syrupand a bunch of other ingredients that I cant even pronounce, all ingredients that you shouldnt eat if you are trying to eat a much healthier lifestyle.
Instead, you can make this very easy mixture that does not have all of those unnecessary ingredients, plus it costs less money to make your own.
How To Cook Lipton Soup Secrets
Cooking soup from scratch can be a labor intensive and require time you may not have. Lipton Soup Secrets are preseasoned, precooked and dehydrated, yet once cooked, they provide you with soup in a matter of minutes. The only “cooking” you do is rehydrating the ingredients and heating the soup. Once you learn how to cook one variety of Lipton Soup Secrets, you can cook them all.
Is Brown Gravy The Same As Beef Gravy
Using fresh meat fat as a source of flavoring, brown gravy is served. As the meat is brown in color, it is often used as the source. Brown gravy, which pairs water with beef broth along with thickening agents such as flour and cornstarch, consists of a thick, creamy layer of thick water. Black gravy isnt always savory, as it can be served as sweet.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Rice Casserole Recipes
Add In Meat And Shake The Bag To Coat Meat With The Seasonings
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix . Heres a simple recipe for some good ole homemade beef stew made with your favorite. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and lipton® recipe secrets® beefy onion soup mix combined with wine. Add in the beef broth, onion soup mix, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and unami seasoning . Place meat in slow cooker and set to low. Moores marinade, lipton onion soup mix, and water. Place chopped onions, potatoes and carrots all round meat. Add tomato paste and stir into onion. · top meat evenly with diced . Beef tips recipe browned stew meat and onions simmered in soy sauce and worcestershire . In a large plastic bag, combine the dry onion soup mix and paprika. Add in meat and shake the bag to coat meat with the seasonings. Used 1 pkg beef gravy, i pkg lipton onion soup mix,.
Seasonings needed for the best beef stew. Ingredients · 1 1/2 lb beef tips or cubed beef stew meat · 1 package of dry onion soup mix · 1 can of cream of mushroom soup · 1 can of beef broth . Heres a simple recipe for some good ole homemade beef stew made with your favorite. Used 1 pkg beef gravy, i pkg lipton onion soup mix,. Add tomato paste and stir into onion.
You May Like: Outback Steakhouse Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
What Is In Dry Onion Soup Mix
This blend of basic ingredients is full of flavor. It is one of those great recipes to pass on down through the generations. Here is the list.
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Ground Black Pepper
Of course, to make this spice blend all you do is combine all the ingredients. It is simple and just takes a few minutes to make. Yet, the end result adds so much flavor to so many recipes.
This recipe will make the equivalent of the contents of one Liptons onion soup mix packet.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Chicken And Broccoli Casserole
What Is The Secret To A Moist Meatloaf
A meatloaf needs a certain amount of fat to keep it moist and tender. If the meat is too lean, you’ll end up with a dry, tough loaf. If your ground meat is very lean, you might consider adding fattier ground beef or ground pork to the mixture. Another way to add moisture is bacondrape several strips over the meatloaf before it goes into the oven.
Overmixing can make a meatloaf dense and dry. Mix the ingredients thoroughly but gently, and don’t pack it tightly when you put it in the pan.
Top Results For Lipton Onion Soup Mix Pork Chops Recipes
Recommended Reading: Roasted Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix
What Are Other Cooking Uses
Lipton Onion Recipe Soup and Dip Mix ingredients are perfect for speedy dinner ideas. Use the onion soup mix added to beef stock for a more flavorful base. You can also add this onion mix into beef broth for an added richness of flavor to your meal. Sit back and allow this dry onion soup mix to transform dips, burgers, meatloaf and many more meals into family favorites. Try all five of our classic recipes located on the back of the box. You’ll be ready for anything when you keep Lipton’s Onion Recipe Soup and Dip Mix secrets on hand.
How Do You Make Extra Noodle Soup Mix
Mix the contents of one soup mix packet with three cups of water in a casserole dish that can be heated in the microwave. 2. Cook the noodles uncovered in the microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, or until the noodles are soft. There are a variety of microwave ovens timings should be adjusted appropriately.
Also Check: Campbell Soup And Rice Recipe
What To Serve With Lipton Onion Soup Burgers
As hearty and delicious as burgers are, they arent as much fun to eat without the sides! The sides add excitement to the table, making your meal even more unforgettable.
Looking for ideas? Here are some dishes that complement burgers wonderfully.
- French Fries. Ah. The classic! Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and deliciously salty all over. Take it up another notch by drizzling truffle oil over your fries!
- Onion Rings. The subtle sweetness of onions gives your savory burgers a nice flavor contrast. Plus, who can resist that crunch?
- Coleslaw. Crisp cabbage and carrots are coated in a creamy, tangy dressing. Its a light, cold, and refreshing treat that tastes amazing with burgers!
What Can I Use If I Dont Have Onion Powder
Onion powder is a seasoning used to enhance flavor in dishes. It is usually added to soups, stews, sauces, gravies, casseroles, and other savory dishes. Onion powder is available in different flavors such as garlic, sweet, hot, and smoked. To make onion powder, onions are roasted and ground into a fine powder. Roasting enhances the natural sugars in the onions and gives it a sweeter taste. Onion powder is a great addition to any dish because it adds a rich flavor and aroma.
Don’t Miss: Campbell’s One Dish Dinners
How Long Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Last
Lipton Onion soup mix is a great way to get started making homemade onion soup. Its easy to make and lasts well in the fridge. To make a batch of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, combine 1 cup Lipton Onion Soup Mix with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks. What is the Best Way to Freeze Bread Dough? Answer: Freezing bread dough is a good idea if youre planning on baking a lot of bread. This helps prevent yeast from growing stale. Bread dough freezes very well. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it into a freezer bag. Once frozen, remove the dough from the bag and store it in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to bake.
Best Place To Buy Bulk Spices
I buy all of my spices in bulk because I make all of our seasoning blends from scratch. Starwest Botanicals has great prices on bulk spices, so thats who I source most of my spices and seasonings from to make my own mixes.
If you want to make some of my other homemade spice blends, these are popular choices:
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
This sweet and savory meatloaf is a classic recipe that never disappoints.
As you might have guessed the secret ingredient is one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix. But dont let this simple recipe fool you. Its a family favorite in our house.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Plus, it makes plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches, meatloaf chili, or meatloaf spaghetti. Or simply pair it up with few new side dishes. Mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and sweet potato fries are a few favorites around our house.
Have you ever tried to make Lipton onion soup mix potatoes? If you have not, then you might find this roasted potatoes recipe worth trying. Lets admit that potato is one of the most favorite foods in the world. Many love this stem tuber for its adaptability and versatility for almost all types of potato-based dishes. Potatoes can be fried, boiled, steamed, microwaved, or even oven-roasted.
Suppose you have tried a couple different potato recipes but have not been able to find a potato recipe that you can cook regularly. In that case, this Lipton onion soup mix potatoes recipe is your best option. These are potatoes roasted in an oven that were previously mixed with Lipton onion soup mix. Without further ado, lets check out the following simple and quick meal recipe.
- 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 pounds of red potatoes , cut into evenly large chunks
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Flavor Soup And Dip Mix 2 Oz 2 Count
- Lipton Recipe Secrets Recipe Soup & Dip Mix Onion is a tasty onion broth flavor
- Great for a creating our Classic Onion Dip that can be used as a French onion soup or in many family favorite recipes
- Lipton Recipe Secrets mix makes 3-1/2 cups of soup
- Contains two envelopes of soup mix
- A great onion soup mix to add to beef stock for a flavorful base
- Add this onion mix into beef broth for an added depth of flavor
Read Also: Campbells Yes Soups
Is Minced Onion The Same As Onion Flakes
Minced onions are finely chopped onions. Onion flakes are diced onions. Both minced and flaked onions are used in many recipes. For instance, minced onions are added to soups, stews, sauces, salads, sandwiches, dips, casseroles, and pasta dishes. Onions are also used in pickles, relishes, and spreads. How Do I Make Homemade Mayonnaise?
French Onion Pot Roast
For this Instant Pot Quick Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast I did make the mashed potatoes on the stove if you have 2 Instant Pots you can make my Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes in one when the roast is doing the natural release.
I also have the Ultimate Instant Pot Pot Roast that is made with a Red Wine and cooks right with your potatoes and carrots. Garlic and Parm Asparagus is another great side dish to go with the Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast.
You May Like: Bbq Steak On Charcoal Grill
Don’t Miss: Pillsbury Chicken Pie
Chicken And Bacon Casserole
Heres another casserole that will surely tantalize your taste buds.
This time, its a combination of chicken, bacon, potatoes, carrots, and cream. And yes, its just as awesome as you think it is.
Its rich and creamy with a bit of crunch. Plus, its salty, savory, hearty, and satisfying.
So, its all the great things about food combined in one epic dish.
Whether you serve this beef stroganoff with pasta, egg noodles, or rice, it will be a sure-fire hit.
Its tender beef, meaty mushrooms, and sweet onions in a savory French onion au jus.
Goodbye, low-carb diet. Farewell, self-control! This beef stroganoff is worth every calorie.
Read Also: Campbells Soup Painting Price