The Best Freezer Containers For Soup
You can freeze soup in a variety of freezer containers. Use whichever you have on hand that fits the amount of soup you want to freeze.
Here are the freezer containers for soup that I recommend:
- Tupperware: I prefer using freezer-safe glass meal prep containers for freezing individual portions of soup.
- I personally like these Glass Meal Prep Containers because they are the perfect size for single portions for lunch for me, they reheat well in the microwave since theyre glass, and I can eat right out of the glass container.
- Mason jars: These are great for freezing individual portions of soup and their slim shape makes them easy to stack in the freezer.
- Ziploc Bags: Be sure to get Ziploc freezer bags. Theyre thicker than regular Ziploc bags and do a much better job at preventing freezer burn. I recommend freezing Ziploc bags flat on a cookie sheet and then storing them vertically once frozen solid to save space.
- Vacuum seal bags: Removes all of the excess air from the bags of soup, which makes them last longer in the freezer. Youll need a special vacuum pump to suck the excess air out of the vacuum bags.
- Souper Cubes: these Souper Cubes are great for freezing individual portions that you can then transfer to a vacuum sealed bag or other storage bag. This was you arent tying up all of your storage containers in your freezer.
What Size Soup Bowl Is Best
The average size of a soup bowl is 8-12 and 4 ounces for a soup cup. As the soup is a part of the meal and not the entire thing so smaller sizes are preferable, but the size of the soup bowl depends on different factors such as
- The type of soup that the bowl will hold
- The serving size, so the bowl does not look grossly oversized or overfilled
- when soup or soup with bread, etc.
Freezing Individual Portions Of Soup Vs One Big Batch
When deciding the best way to freeze soup for your family, you should also consider how much soup you want to freeze per container.
Freezing smaller portions of soup is handy for quick lunches throughout the week, or when youre home alone and dont need to feed your entire family.
Having smaller portions of soup in the freezer is also a good idea if you have picky eaters who all like different foods!
Plus, smaller portions of soup are easier and faster to defrost.
Freezing larger portions of soup makes sense if youll be defrosting it to feed a larger group of people. However, the more soup youve frozen in a single container, the longer it will take to thaw before it can be reheated and enjoyed.
Recommended Reading: What’s In Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
How To Test If A Bowl Is Safe For The Microwave
Dont use plastic as it is not recommended. Only certain kinds of plastic are safe.
Theres really no foolproof method of testing for a microwave-safe bowl, so to avoid all the hassles, you can simply get a bowl with the microwave-safe sign/phrase.
If you dont have one and want to do a quick test for the one you already have at home. Simply fill the bowl with water and put in the microwave oven, switch it on to the highest temperature and leave for 1-2 minutes.
Finally, open it and put a finger in to test for the temperature of the water, make sure its not too steamy to avoid burning yourself.
Can You Freeze Cream Soups
If youve already added the milk, cream, roux, or cheese to a soup, I dont recommend freezing it. Dairy-laden soups often split once frozen and have a grainy texture after being defrosted.
However, you can freeze a cream soup if you plan ahead! Prepare the recipe as written, but omit the cream, milk, roux, or cheese. Freeze the soup as is, then add the dairy-based ingredients to it after defrosting it.
Read Also: Weight Loss Magic Soup Recipe
Why Is It Important To Use A Microwave Safe Bowl
If the bowl is not microwave-safe it can be very dangerous for the food and yourself. Source: MasterChef
When you buy a new microwave oven, its guide will probably recommend the type of container you can use in it. Microwave ovens are much more flexible than conventional ovens because you can use a variety of bowl types.
One of the major reasons why it is important to use a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven is because of the heat the oven emits, it is transferred through the bowl directly to the food such that the bowl might not be hot but the food will be.
Other reasons include not wanting to damage the bowl, your microwave oven, or even your food. Some bowl materials find it a little difficult for heat to penetrate, therefore the purpose of microwaving may be defeated and you dont want that.
Microwave Safe Soup Bowls
$14.99Add to Favorites
$6.25 Original Price $6.25Add to Favorites
$48.00 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$60.00Add to Favorites
$45.00 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$15.95 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$8.00Add to Favorites
$25.88Add to Favorites
$15.50 Original Price $15.50Add to Favorites
$16.50 Original Price $16.50Add to Favorites
$25.00 Original Price $25.00Add to Favorites
$20.00Add to Favorites
$21.84Add to Favorites
$24.50Add to Favorites
You May Like: French Onion Soup Be Our Guest
What Are The Types Of Soup Bowls Based On Shapes
There are seven types of soup bowls available according to their shape, which we discuss below:
Cream soup bowls are suitable for cream soups at light meals.
Different Types Of Bowls With Images
Bowls are flexible equipment in the kitchen which are used in handling and preparing foods. These tools come in different shapes, sizes, and capacities. They can be made of different materials like plastic, stainless steels, ceramic, and wood. Most types of bowls are used in the kitchen for cooking, food storage, and serving food, while others are for cleaning.
Bowls are as old as gold. They have been made for over a thousand years. Most primitive bowls were found in China, Crete, Ancient Greece, and in some native American cultures. These antique bowls were usually used in pottery, specifically during Ancient Greek.
In this article, lets talk about the different types of bowls being used to date.
Also Check: Gluten Free Canned Tomato Soup
Tips For Freezing Soup
- Cool soup completely before freezing. This reduces the risk of contracting a foodborne illness and also prevents the soup from developing freezer burn.
- Do NOT freeze soup with noodles already in it. If youre planning to batch cook and freeze a noodle soup, or maybe you just want to freeze some leftovers, do not freeze the pasta with the soup. It is best to cook the pasta at a later date when you plan to eat the soup.
- Cream based soups dont freeze well. I recommend stirring the cream into the soup when reheating it.
- Always label freezer containers. Label with date, contents, amount, and any additional prep instructions for later .
Things To Know Before Buying The Best Microwave Soup Bowl
The most important factors to consider when purchasing a microwave soup bowl are the size, material, lid and shape. The bowl size is fairly important because you want enough capacity to heat a desired amount of soup.A wide bowl will give you more surface area while a deep pocket gathers together those last few bites. A lid helps to trap steam so the soup heat up quicker and a vent is a helpful feature to lessen the chance of burning your fingertips. Whether you choose plastic, ceramic or glass, the decision is up to you. However, do consider that a ceramic or glass microwaveable bowl does not hold flavors trapped inside the material. In contrast, plastic bowls will stain and retain funky odors that may be passed into your food.
Read Also: Gluten Free Instant Soup Mix
Best Recommendations And Buying Guide For Your Soup Bowls Glass
Before you venture out to purchase your preferred soup bowls glass, take into consideration some factors. These factors will ultimately help you decide which soup bowls glass is the right fit for your requirements.
Use the internet to do your research about all the available soup bowls glasss in the market. This is helpful for both online and retail/ in-person purchases. If you are buying from an online marketplace, try to ascertain the most trustworthy online store. Usually, the online shops that have the highest following of masses are the best ones.
These shops not only provide reliable products but also give the buyers a lot of diversified products to choose from. Search for the different types of soup bowls glass available in the online store and find ones to choose from.
Read the reviews of people on the online pages to understand the detailed and nuanced pros and cons that entail this particular soup bowls glass. You can also understand through other peoples reviews whether a particular soup bowls glass fits your needs.
Assessing products online before buying the desired products from retail shops is also a very common phenomenon.
While doing the crucial research on the soup bowls glasss available in the market, you might ask yourself a few questions that will help you reach your decision:
Quick Comparison: Top 6 Best Microwave Soup Bowls
Eating hot soup on a cold day is a simple joy that is easy to feel. Here are the best microwave soup bowls to fulfill your reheating needs.With a couple quick stirs, you have be eating hot soup in a matter of minutes. The microwaveable soup bowls in this list are guaranteed to stand up to the test. Decide between plastic, glass or ceramic in a mug or bowl shape. Sort through the various options in order to determine which bowl fits your needs and works best for you.
Read Also: Andy Warhol Soup Can Painting
Types Of Bowls According To Style
Unlike other bowl styles, singing bowls are made for relaxation. These bowls produce sounds and vibrations when struck with a mallet. They are usually made from synthetic alloys like copper, gold, silver, iron, lead, tin, and bronze.
A pet bowl is usually designed for pets like dogs and cats. Most pet bowls are made from ceramic, melamine, or stainless steel. If you are looking for a good pet bowl, be sure not to opt for the plastic ones as they are chewable, and therefore, harmful for your pets health. It is recommended to wash your pet bowl on a regular basis to avoid contamination.
From the word itself, decorative bowls are designed not to serve or store food, but as decorations. These bowls come in different sizes, shapes, and designs. They are also made from different materials like stone, porcelain, glass, crystal, and wood. Hence, the price varies depending on the material being used. Decorative bowls will definitely add a finishing touch to everyones living room, kitchen, or coffee tables.
Storage bowls are food-storage containers that will keep your food protected. They can be both made from plastic or glass. Glass storage bowls can be used in an oven or microwave. However, if you are planning to store your food in a refrigerator, opt to use the plastic storage bowls.
Posts you might like
How To Reheat Soup
After defrosting the soup, you can reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Microwave: Transfer the soup to a microwave-safe container and heat on high until warmed through. The exact amount of time needed to reheat soup will depend on the size of the microwave-safe container.
- Stovetop: Transfer the soup to a saucepan, making sure theres at least an inch or two at the top so you can easily stir the soup. Place the saucepan over medium-low heat, pop the lid on, and gently reheat for about 10 minutes. If reheating enough soup to feed a crowd, the soup will take longer than 10 minutes to reheat.
Read Also: Crockpot Potato Soup With Hash Browns
Soup Bowls Microwave Safe
$6.25 Original Price $6.25
$45.00 FREE shipping
$34.99 FREE shipping
$15.50 Original Price $15.50
$16.50 Original Price $16.50
Dangers Of Using A Bowl That Is Not Microwave Safe
So many things can happen as a result of using a container that is not microwave-safe in your oven and these dangers can be avoided as they are quite predictable if youre violating the rules of a microwave oven. Nothing good is likely to come from that.
Some of the dangers and downsides of using a bowl or container that isnt microwave-safe are:
Recommended Reading: Amy’s Butternut Squash Soup
How To Make Sure You Choose The Right Soup Bowls Glass
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper soup bowls glass. You might be unaware of certain facets of the soup bowls glass that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
X Opal Glass White Soup Bowls Ramen Noodle Rice Cereal Dessert Microwave Safe
£10.99FREE ShippingeBay Money Back Guarantee
Seller:jbleicester-online98.9%, Location:leicester, Leicestershire, GB, Ships to: GB & many other countries, Item:1746499135426 x Opal Glass White Soup Bowls Ramen Noodle Rice Cereal Dessert Microwave Safe. WIDE APPLICATION – Like any other bowl, these square bowls are suitable for many dining and serving purposes. WIDE APPLICATION – Like any other bowl, these square bowls are suitable for many dining and serving purposes.Condition:New, Shape:Round, Colour:White, Style:Vintage/Retro, Custom Bundle:No, Material:Opal Glass, Glass, Theme:Beauty, Pattern:White, Type:Cereal Bowl, Features:Freezer Proof, Microwave Proof, Dishwasher Safe, Freezer Safe, Microwave Safe, MPN:GIR036, Occasion:All Occasions, Brand:Pars Opal, Modified Item:No, Set Size:6, Room:Kitchen, Main Colour:White, EAN:6260573001437 See More
- Popularity – 109 watchers, 0.2 new watchers per day, 543 days for sale on eBay. Super high amount watching. 243 sold, 0 available. More
Recommended Reading: Williams Sonoma Essential White Soup Bowls
How To Defrost Frozen Soup
Defrosting soup is very simple! Ive shared my preferred methods for defrosting soup below:
- Defrost overnight in the fridge: This defrosting method takes the longest, but it preserves the texture of the soup the best. Simply place the freezer container full of soup in the refrigerator overnight, or for roughly 8 to 10 hours.
- Microwave at 50% power: You can only defrost soup in the microwave if its been stored in a glass container. Remove the lid and place the glass container of soup into the microwave. Microwave at 50% power for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Defrost in a water bath: Place the container of frozen soup into a large bowl of warm water. When the edges of the soup release from the freezer container, transfer to a saucepan and reheat on the stovetop.
Why Bother Freezing Soup
Freezing soup is a great way to extend its shelf life, whether you have leftovers that would otherwise go to waste or youre meal prepping servings of soup for lunches and dinners.
Personally, I love preparing big batches of soup to freeze for busy weeks when I know I wont have time to cook.
Having servings of frozen soup on hand is especially handy once school ramps up. On hectic evenings, I can quickly reheat some soup for my family, maybe throw together a simple green salad to enjoy on the side, and dinner is served!
Can Ceramic Soup Bowls Go In The Oven
The ceramic and ceramic coated bowls are safe to use in the oven. The ceramic bowls made of clay are placed in the fire to harden, making them heat resistant. On the other hand, you have to check if ceramic-coated bowls are oven-safe or not, as some metals can warp when heated at high temperatures.
In addition, the unglazed bowls can also be sensitive to temperature changes when you put a room temperature or cold bowl in a preheated oven. Therefore, you should always put your bowls in the oven while heating them to prevent damage.
Read Also: What Bowls Are Safe for the Double Boiler?