Tools Needed For The Best Soup
There are many different ways to make the perfect soup. I think that everyone adds their own flavor to their quick and easy soup recipes. But there are a few kitchen utensils or tools that most people use in their soup making. And a few tools that arent as common but make soup making easier. Some of my favorite soup making tools needed are:
- Dutch oven A Dutch oven is cast iron and fairly heavy for a pot. It is a great tool to use if you ever need to transfer something from the stove to the oven. Its also a great soup pot! A large stock pot works as well.
- Crock Pot Want your house to smell amazing and have dinner ready when you walk in the door? A crock pot is what you need! Crock pots are perfect for allowing soup to cook all day and enjoy once you get home.
- Instant Pot Looking for a way to cook soup faster? Grab your Instant Pot and whip up a soup in under 30 minutes. Instant Pots are great for making quick, flavorful soups.
- Wood spoon or spatula Wooden spoons are great because they dont scratch your pot while you are cooking. Perfect for scrapping the bottom of your pot to get all stuck on bits of flavor.
- Ladle Once your soup is done you need a ladle to spoon it into bowls. A long handle ladle works best for scooping soup from the pot to bowl.
- Immersion blender Some soups require you to blend them smooth, like the tomato basil soup. An immersion blender is perfect because you dont have to transfer the soup to a blender and can puree it right in your pot.
Creamy Buffalo Cauliflower Soup
How Sweet Eats
Leslea said:So delicious! Made it tonight and even my picky 3 year old had a bowl! Will definitely be making this again.
David said:Photos 5 stars, few ingredients always makes me happy, ten minutes prep ! Wow. Your posts are so organized! Thank you.
Georgia said: This was my first time making soup. This recipe is delicious and easy to follow. My family loved it! Your site is my go-to recipe book when I need to find a good recipe quick and I know its going to be good. Thank you for sharing!
Onion soup is one of my favorites Heidi! My mother always made it when I was growing up. It was such a special treat! Your fantastic recipe is bringing back some great memories!
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Two Peas and Their Pod
Selena said:This was perfect! What a wonderful, subtle melding of flavor. Fresh organic ingredients, I imagine, really make the difference. Ill definitely be making this again. Mahalo!
Christopher said: I made this on a Sunday afternoon a couple weeks ago and it was absolutely delicious! My wife and I both loved it and enjoyed every sip of leftovers for the rest of the week. Thank you!
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Chicken And Potatoes
Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
This light curry noodle soup is packed full of delicious Thai flavours. For a vegan version of this recipe, season with salt instead of fish sauce and use a vegan curry paste. Its ready in just 20 minutes and comes in under 500 calories. Here are our other inspiring noodle soup recipes for you to try.
Vegetarian Barley And Vegetable Soup
Using budget-friendly ingredients, you can cook up a hearty soup to accompany your lunchtime sandwich, or pack into a thermos on colder days. This simple and satisfying soup is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets, and is full of great nutrition and flavor from barley, carrots, cabbage, zucchini, canned tomatoes, and Italian seasonings.
Chicken soup avgolemono is an iconic Greek soup. Eggs thicken the chicken soup base, and fresh lemon juice adds brightness . Small orzo pasta, onion, carrot, and celery round out the soup ingredients. You will also end up with a pile of poached chicken meat, which you can repurpose for sandwiches, casseroles, or salads.
Continue to 17 of 30 below.
Read Also: Pea Soup Andersens Inn
Rustic Leek And Potato Soup With Fried Herb Gremolata
Recipe developer Christian David Reynoso started making this soup after learning the hard way that puréeing potatoes with a blender yields a gummy texture. So instead of fussily using a food mill, he asked himself why he was making a pureéd soup in the first place. Instead, he slices the potatoes into thin rounds so that they turn tender and creamy. The fried herb gremolata is a simple lesson that adds a crispy, bright punch. Youll have more than you need, which is okay because its good in sour cream to make a ranch-style dip, tossed with roasted root vegetables, or on braised chicken, seared salmon, fried eggs, popcornalmost anything, really.
Top Easy Tomato Soup Recipes
This simple soup is flavoured with warm spices, then blended to a velvety smooth texture. Serve it as a fast and sustaining lunch with warm garlic and coriander naan bread.
Recipe by: Maggie Pannell
Perfect for using up a glut of tomatoes from your greenhouse! Great for those split or overripe ones which you can’t use for much else!
In less than 30 minutes, you can have a delicious homemade tomato soup to serve! If you have lots of really ripe fresh tomatoes, you can use them instead of tinned tomatoes.
Recipe by: rbdemedeiros
An easy and quick but delicious tomato and basil soup. Perfect for a cold night. This is easy to make vegetarian with vegetable stock.
A super fast recipe for tomato soup. Onions are sauteed in butter, then simmered with flour, tomato juice and milk. To cut even more time on the prep of this soup, use onion powder. Perfect for the winter months.
Recipe by: Julie Parton
Also Check: Crock Pot Roast French Onion Soup Mix
Fall And Winter Soup Recipe Ideas
Soup season is here, and like so many of you, I am raising my spoon with glee at the idea of being in the kitchen and cooking a pot of my slurp-able favorites.
From vegetarian to soup recipes with chicken, from brothy to creamy, healthy to hearty, and stove top to Crock Pot, this list of 30 best soup recipes is sure to wrap any eater up like a warm hug, and cure any cold weather blues.
Quick And Easy Soup Recipes
One of my favorite family dinners is a hot bowl of soup. We eat a lot of soup, especially during the cooler months. There is just something about a warm bowl of soup that takes the chill off and fills your belly. Looking for a quick and easy soup recipe for your family? Here are some of our favorites!
Recommended Reading: Calphalon 4 Quart Soup Pot
A Few Of Our Favorite Soup Pots
- If you’re looking to splurge, a good dutch oven is one of our all time favorites.
- For something a little less expensive we love a good cast iron pot. Plus, it’s great to take camping!
- If you’e looking for a pop of color, but don’t want to break the bank. We love these fun enamel pots!
- Are you a minimalist? We love the sleek design of this pot that is meant to be left out.
- When it comes to stainless steel All-Clad takes the cake.
- If you’re looking to upgrade to non-stick, this is our favorite set and it includes a nice soup pot!
- Don’t have an instant pot? Can we persuade you?
- Every home needs a good slow-cooker. Trust us.
Quick And Easy Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup
Do you have some leftover turkey from your holiday celebrations? Or maybe just a rotisserie chicken that you picked up at the grocery store? This Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is made without a carcass for an easy, healthy dinner that’s ready in about 30 minutes!
This slightly creamy turkey noodle soup is the best of both worlds! You get the comfort and nourishment of a homemade soup, without the tedious effort of making broth from a carcass, straining, or long simmering times.
Instead, the easy recipe takes advantage of leftover turkey or chicken for a one pot meal that cooks quickly on the stovetop! This is the perfect turkey noodle soup for busy weeknights!
Also Check: Campbells Chicken And Broccoli And Rice
Favorite Autumn Soup Recipes
In Chicago, soup season lasts from September towell, way later than it should. I make soup recipes the whole way through, but I especially crave them now, in the heart of autumn. These 4 easy soup recipes are my favorites at this time of year. Theyre cozy, comforting, and filled with aromatic flavor from herbs like rosemary, sage, and thyme.
If you see a bunch of beautiful fall leeks at the farmers market or store, snatch them up to make this recipe. Its a lighter version of the classic soup, made with blended white beans instead of heavy cream.
Courgette Leek & Goats Cheese Soup
This super-healthy vegetarian soup is low in calories and full of flavour. It’s packed with three of your 5-a-day, plus folate, fibre, vitamin C and iron
A super-green and super-tasty vegetable soup with a few simple ingredients, including spinach and shallots
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
What To Serve With Potato Soup
When you have a main dish as thick and hearty as this soup, its nice to pair it with something light and refreshing for some balance. I think this Raspberry Avocado Salad would be particularly nice, or perhaps a simple No Chop Green Salad or Pineapple Spinach Salad. Some Oven Roasted Broccoli or Roasted Asparagus would also be great sides, especially in colder months.
And I dont know about you, but I could never say no to pairing this with some good bread, like this One Hour French Bread , Aunt Shirleys Famous Dinner Rolls, or even some Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Yes please!
Whos going to make potato soup on the first rainy day this season?? Im here for it!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is the perfect cold-weather dish, especially when you are fighting a cold. The Instant Pot makes it possible to make your own chicken noodle soup from scratch, including a homemade broth that uses chicken thighs, without the hours of simmering typically involved. We suggest adding dried egg noodles at the end of cooking, to prevent them becoming soggy.
You May Like: Maggie And Mary’s Soup Mix
Corn Chowder With Bacon
Cameron Whitman / Stocksy
When you crave a comforting, filling soup, make a big batch of this hearty corn chowder with bacon that’s ready to serve in about half an hour. You can easily substitute ham for the bacon if you’d like. Use thick-cut smoked bacon for a more intensely flavored soup.
Smoky Spicy Soups And Chilis
Bring on the heat! Seasonings like smoked paprika, canned chipotles in adobo sauce, and fresh and dried chiles fill these hearty soup recipes with bold flavor.
Easy Vegetarian ChiliDo we count chili as a soup? Im on the fence, but I still had to include this recipe here. Its super quick and easy to make, and on a cold night, its smoky/spicy flavor will warm you up in no time.
Yellow Split Pea SoupYellow split peas mingle with the fresh corn kernels in this vegan riff on corn chowder, making it extra-hearty and super fun to eat. Its delicious on its own, but I like it even more with crispy, smoky coconut bacon on top!
Tomatillo Zucchini White Bean Chili, page 99 of Love & Lemons Every DayThis zesty green chili is nice and hearty, but its so flavorful that I always go back for a second bowl. Serve it with homemade cornbread for a pitch-perfect weeknight dinner.
Pumpkin Tortilla SoupI love classic butternut squash soup as much as the next person, but when it comes to soup, winter squash can do so much more! Try simmering it in a smoky roasted tomato broth to make this delicious vegan spin on tortilla soup.
This black bean soup is creamy, spicy, and satisfying, but best of all, its really darn easy to make. It has a permanent spot in my regular recipe rotation, and I think it will in yours, too!
Don’t Miss: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
My Favorite Variations Of This Soup
This veggie soup has lots of possible variations. Here are a few of my favorites:
Add more protein by adding cooked or canned beans white beans, chickpeas, and black beans would be excellent.
For a soup with pasta, add pasta about 10 minutes before the soup has finished cooking.
Make it creamy and add a splash of cream, milk, or unsweetened dairy-free milk like coconut. You can also stir in a little bit of unsweetened yogurt or sour cream. We do something similar in this creamy veggie soup.
We love the combination of ground fennel, garlic, and red pepper flakes, but you can use other spices. Try Italian seasoning, Zaatar spice blend, Cajun seasoning, an Indian spice blend like curry powder, or chili powder .
Add in some extra veggies. The number of vegetables you add to the soup is up to you. Feel free to toss in a handful of other vegetables like cauliflower, summer squash, or corn.
Japanese Enoki And Shiitake Mushroom Soup
The Spruce / Stephanie Goldfinger
Japanese enoki and shiitake mushroom soup is undeniably delicious and comforting. The addition of glass or cellophane noodles adds volume to the simple stock base, while soy sauce and sake add a lovely seasoning, and earthy mushrooms contribute rich depth of flavor.
Recommended Reading: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Nutrition Information
Chicken And Rice Soup With Garlicky Chile Oil
This comforting chicken soup tastes like it took hours to make but comes together in a flash. Simmering a handful of uncooked rice directly into soup is a great trick for giving a quick, broth-y number like this one lip-smacking body and richness as the rice cooks, it releases starches that thicken the cooking liquid. And a finishing drizzle of spicy oil and crunchy fried garlic chips takes the whole thing to the next level. About that garlicky chile oil: Go ahead and double it, because you’re going to want to put it on everything this week. You’ll thank us later.
Can You Make Potato Soup Ahead
Potato Soup can absolutely be made ahead of time! Its a great option to make in the morning for dinner that night, or a day in advance. Prepare as directed, allow to cool, then store in an airtight container for about 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Over time, the white sauce in the soup will start to break down and make it a little more watery with each passing day, so the best quality will be within the first few days. Reheat on the stove over low heat, stirring occasionally, or in the microwave.
Read Also: Lipton Roasted Potatoes
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Vanessa said:That chicken enchilada soup looks amazing! And I think we can all relate to needing to change our eating habits as weve gotten older.
The View from Great Island
Lynda said: This soup is delicious and very easy to prepare. I highly suggest you add it to your recipe book.
Raw Vegan Cream Of Broccoli Soup
The Spruce / Diana Chistruga
Even raw food diet skeptics may be tempted to try our no-cook cream of broccoli soup. Raw cashews blend with broccoli to create an ultra-creamy texture, while a medley of fresh or dried herbs and spices create that classic canned soup flavor you remember from childhood. Best of all, it is a breeze to blend up in your food processor, and is seriously nutritious.
You May Like: Potato Soup With Frozen Hash Browns
Creamy Soup = Pure Comfort
- Meet our all-time favorite corn recipe: rich and creamy Corn and Leek Bisque.
- When the sniffles have made their way into our home, we cook up huge batches of this Roasted Garlic Soup with Kale, Parmesan and Crispy Pancetta. Does the garlic actually heal? Who knows! What we know for sure is that this soup soothes the souland that can only be a good thing.
- If youre into foraging for your own dinnersor if you happen upon some wild mushrooms at the farmers marketmay we recommend this Wild Mushroom Chowder with Bacon and Leeks?
Tis The Season For All The Squash Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup made with sweet apples, garlic, and thyme is the perfect cozy, light dinner.
- Im counting down the days until this Curried Pumpkin Coconut Soup makes it onto my table for the first time this season.
- Soothing and sweetly fragrant with warm spices, this Slow-Cooker Apple and Butternut Squash Soup is sure to become a harvest season tradition.
Recommended Reading: Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole Campbells
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Easy peasy homemade soups to keep you warm and cozy all year long!
It doesnt matter if its 100 degree outside or 50. I reside in California so Im not sure if it gets any lower than 50. Still, I could always use a bowl of soup. And with these 15 hearty soups here, youll be warm and cozy 365 days out of the year!
1. Sausage, Potato and Spinach Soup A hearty, comforting soup thats so easy and simple to make, loaded with tons of fiber and flavor. 329.5 calories.
2. Cauliflower Chowder A creamy, low carb, hearty and wonderfully cozy soup for those chilly nights.
3. Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup So cozy, so comforting and just so creamy. Best of all, this is made in 30 min from start to finish so quick and easy.
4. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe This copycat recipe is so easy to make and tastes a million times better than the original.
5. Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup The creamiest mushroom soup that tastes like the canned stuff but its healthier, creamier and tastier.
6. Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder The easiest chowder you will ever make. Throw everything in the crockpot and youre set. Easy peasy.
7. Spinach and White Bean Soup A healthy and hearty, comforting soup chock full of fresh spinach, white beans and orzo pasta.
8. Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup By far the best butternut squash soup ever, with the help of those crisp bacon bits blended right into the soup.