Chicken Soup For The Soul Recipes
- Chicken Tortilla Soup. Hearty chicken tortilla soup is a delicious, wholesome and filling soup that you can make in about 30 minutes, packed with classic Mexican flavours.
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Wholesome hearty one pot leftover turkey wild rice soup can be adapted easily for chicken instead of turkey. It’s the most comforting way to use any leftover chicken or a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- White Chicken Chili. White chicken chili is an easy and delicious one pot meal made with shredded chicken, hearty veggies, and a creamy broth that’s loaded with flavor.
- Chicken and Rice Soup. Chicken and rice soup is delicious, warm, cozy, and comforting feel-good meal that can warm you up on a chilly day. Easy to make in one pot.
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup. White chicken lasagna soup is a thick and creamy soup version of this classic Italian dish. Its quick and easy to make in just 30 minutes.
Want A Healthy Soup For Dinner Thats Also Delicious Weve Got You Covered
- If you love lentils, you’re going to love this Coconut Curry Lentil Soup! Creamy, rich broth loaded with veggies makes for a perfect 30-minute one-pot, vegan fall dinner.
- Warming fresh ginger, jalapeño, cumin and plenty of garlic make a spicy base for this hearty, sweet-savory African Peanut Soup recipe.
- This Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken, Chickpeas and Hearty Greens proves that delicious comfort food doesnt have to be bad for you.
- Our healthy, easy, slightly creamy Vegetable Curry Soup will bring some serious excitement to your weeknight meals this fall.
Acorn Squash And Apple Soup
Check out the recipe at: happyherbivore.comI absolutely love apples, so when I found this soup recipe, I had to try it. You can actually do part of the cooking in the microwave and the rest a stove top if you don’t mind a lumpy soup. The mixture of acorn squash, apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and nutmeg make this almost taste like dessert. Don’t let that fool you. It’s an extremely filling soup and perfect for cold evenings.
Read Also: Extra Large Soup Bowls With Handles
Spring Ramen Chicken Soup
Check out the recipe at: goodhousekeeping.comThis recipe takes basic chicken-flavor Ramen noodles and turns them into a surprisingly good soup. To simplify the recipe, use pre-cut chicken or even canned chicken. It only takes around 20 minutes to make. I love that it adds in carrots, onions and snow peas and even puts an Asian twist on it with sesame oil. Don’t let the Ramen noodles fool you. This really does taste great.
Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
This light curry noodle soup is packed full of delicious Thai flavours. For a vegan version of this recipe, season with salt instead of fish sauce and use a vegan curry paste. It’s ready in just 20 minutes and comes in under 500 calories. Here are our other inspiring noodle soup recipes for you to try.
Read Also: Is Tomato Soup Good For Ulcerative Colitis
Easy Soup Recipes Ready In 30 Minutes
6 days ago thespruceeats.com Show details
Chicken Pot Pie Soup. This genius 30-minute recipe transforms everyone’s Tomato Basil Soup. Our easy tomato basil soup proves that a vegetable Japanese Vegan Udon Noodle Soup. Thick, chewy, filling udon noodles are a Stuffed Pepper Soup. We’ve done it taken the family-favorite dish of Japanese Enoki and Shiitake Mushroom Soup. Japanese enoki and shiitake Vegan Cauliflower and Potato Soup. Thick and nourishing vegan cauliflower Seaweed Egg Drop Soup. Seaweed is a trendy superfood. This recipe Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. Chicken noodle soup is the perfect cold Leftover Vegetable Soup. When your crisper contains bits and bobs of Raw Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup. Even raw food diet skeptics may be See full list on thespruceeats.com
No Matter The Season We Have A Quick Soup For That
The Spruce / Diana Chistruga
Soups are a winter staple, but they are just as wonderful in the spring and summer. And while cooking soups in the crock pot is great, sometimes you want soup on the table in a hurry. These quick soup recipes will let you serve your family in less time than it takes to go through the drive-through window! Many are kid-friendly, making them perfect for packing in a thermos for school lunches or freezing for a quick family dinner on busy weeknights.
Summer And Spring Soups With Fresh Flavors
- Tomato Basil Soup. Homemade tomato basil soup is comforting, rich, and smooth. This cozy soup is easy, flavourful, and nourishing, making it so much better than canned.
- Creamless Cream of Asparagus Soup. Take advantage of in-season asparagus this spring and savour its flavour in a delicious and smooth, creamless cream of asparagus soup.
- Lobster Bisque. Homemade lobster bisque is rich and creamy, loaded with seafood flavor, and delicious. Serve this quick and easy soup with soft bread for lunch or dinner.
- Creamy Tomato Potato Soup. Make this silky smooth and creamy tomato potato soup in under 25 minutes. This gluten-free vegan soup is healthy and filling and the easiest weeknight meal.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. Roasted red pepper and tomato soup is silky smooth, incredibly flavorful and delicious, and easy to make. This vegan soup is healthy and nutritious too.
- Spinach and Green Pea Soup. The greenest and most vibrant spinach and green pea soup is extremely healthy, nutrient-dense and packed with flavour. Make a pot of this soup today.
Tools And Techniques For Making Quick And Easy Soups
Meatballs in a Minute: To make meatballs in a quick, easy fashion, use any link style sausage in a casing. Pork, chicken, veal, or turkey. Slice open the casing and squeeze or pluck out a Tablespoon size piece of the ground meat. Roll it between the palms of your hands and youve got instant meatballs, ready to cook right in your soup.
Keep a Lid on It: When making a quick soup, the thing that slows me down the most is waiting for liquid to come to a simmer. What Ive discovered is to always keep the lid on the pot. So, unless it says otherwise, keep a lid on it. This will help it get hot quickly, stay hot and it will help to cook ingredients more quickly.
Rapid Roux: Roux is a mixture of equal parts fat and flour that helps soups to thicken up. It can be tricky business to thicken with a roux, because if you add liquid too quickly, the flour wont dissolve. Speed up the process by sauteeing vegetables or raw meat in butter, then sprinkle the flour over the cooked mixture. The flour will already be dispersed well, so you can add liquids more quickly without worry of ruining your roux. That method helped make this Fettucine Alfredo Soup with Chicken a quick dinner fix.
Super Slurry: Using a slurry is another quick way to thicken up soup. A slurry is an equal mixture of cold water and cornstarch or arrowroot, blended together and then stirred into hot soups like this Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese and Bacon Croutons.
Also Check: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Rice Recipe
Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup With Coconut
You’ll love the smooth, creamy texture and rich flavor of this quick and easy vegan carrot soup. It comes together in one pot with just 7 ingredients, and tastes great either hot or cold. Best of all, it is entirely vegan, and gluten-free, with plant-based coconut milk replacing the usual dairy.
Creamy Soup = Pure Comfort
- Meet our all-time favorite corn recipe: rich and creamy Corn and Leek Bisque.
- When the sniffles have made their way into our home, we cook up huge batches of this Roasted Garlic Soup with Kale, Parmesan and Crispy Pancetta. Does the garlic actually heal? Who knows! What we know for sure is that this soup soothes the souland that can only be a good thing.
- If youre into foraging for your own dinnersor if you happen upon some wild mushrooms at the farmers marketmay we recommend this Wild Mushroom Chowder with Bacon and Leeks?
Read Also: Campbell’s Well Yes Sipping Soup
Hearty Meaty Soup And Chili
- Beef Cabbage Barley Soup. Hearty beef cabbage barley soup is wholesome, filling and flavourful. This one pot meal can be made ahead and is freezer-friendly. Prep it in 10 minutes.
- Creamy Ham and Potato Soup. Creamy ham and potato soup is hearty, filling, and so flavourful. This warm and cozy one pot meal is the easiest weeknight meal to make in just 25 minutes.
- Beef Taco Soup. Beef taco soup is a delicious take on tacos, transforming it into a hearty, wholesome, filling soup topped with all the taco fixings. Ready in 30 minutes.
- Split Pea Soup. Classic split pea soup is a wholesome, filling, and delicious one pot meal that will warm you up. It’s hearty, flavorful, and is loaded with nutrients.
- Beef Wild Rice Soup. Creamy beef wild rice soup is savory, flavorful, and delicious, packed with vegetables and beef flank steak , and freezes well.
- Lasagna Soup. Lasagna soup is a twist on a classic Italian recipe with all the same delicious comforting flavors in the form of a hearty one pot soup.
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili. Hearty slow cooker beef chili is an easy, comforting, low-maintenance dinner in fall and winter months. It’s a family favourite crockpot chili.
- One Pot Chili. Hearty and full of flavour, easy one pot chili requires only 10 minutes of prep time making it the perfect busy weeknight meal!
Quick And Easy Homemade Soups
This time of year I love to make homemade soups and stews! To me there is nothing quite like homemade soup but because this is the busiest season for me, I barely have time to eat, let alone make even the fastest soups.
All you need for some quick and easy meals is to keep your pantry well stocked with canned soup and some odds and ends in your freezer.
Here are some examples of things to add to canned soup to make it taste homemade:
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Leftover chicken from the freezer
- Frozen vegetables
- Extra canned mushrooms, especially ones that are boiled in butter
- Extra spices
- diluted with part chicken broth
- cooked broccoli florets
- diluted with milk instead of water
- American cheese
- Cubed ham, bacon or bacon bits
- onions or French fried onion rings
- extra beans
- leftover hamburger, chicken, turkey or most any meat
- add extra vegetables from the freezer
- tomato juice or V8 juice
- extra spices
More Soup Tips:
Drop spoonfuls of stuffing mix into boiling soup for small dumpling-like additions.
Add dumplings made with 2 cups baking mix and 2/3 cup milk to boiling chicken noodle soup or veggie soup. Cook 10 minutes uncovered and 10 minutes covered.
Keep cans of chunky soup and pour over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice, adding a little of your own leftover meat.
Keep homemade or store bought croutons on hand to add extra flavor to any soup.
Also Check: All Clad D5 Soup Pot
Best Tips For Making Soup Recipes
1. Season to taste. Raw vegetable ingredients need seasoning, and vegetable broths vary in salt level. If your soup is bland, dont hesitate to add generous pinches of salt and lots of fresh black pepper. Taste as you go!
2. Drizzle with olive oil. I always finish soups with a generous drizzle of olive oil. It adds richness and makes the flavors sing.
3. Save some for lunch! Soup often tastes better on the second day, so be sure to make enough to have leftovers. Most soup recipes also freeze well for up to a few months. Check out this post for my best freezing tips!
4. Spice to your level. Customizing your soup is the fun, creative part of cooking soup recipes. If youre making a recipe that calls for lots of spice but you prefer milder flavors, start with less. If you like things spicy, add more! Taste as you cook, and adjust the flavors to make something you really love.
What To Serve With This Easy Potato Soup Recipe
When you have a main dish as thick and hearty as this soup, its nice to pair it with something light and refreshing for some balance. I think this Raspberry Avocado Salad would be particularly nice, or perhaps a simple No Chop Green Salad or Pineapple Spinach Salad. Some Oven Roasted Broccoli or Roasted Asparagus would also be great sides, especially in colder months.
And I dont know about you, but I could never say no to pairing this with some good bread, like this One Hour French Bread , Aunt Shirleys Famous Dinner Rolls, or even some Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Yes please!
Whos going to make potato soup on the first rainy day this season?? Im here for it!
Also Check: Green Bean Casserole With Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Favorite Autumn Soup Recipes
In Chicago, soup season lasts from September towell, way later than it should. I make soup recipes the whole way through, but I especially crave them now, in the heart of autumn. These 4 easy soup recipes are my favorites at this time of year. Theyre cozy, comforting, and filled with aromatic flavor from herbs like rosemary, sage, and thyme.
If you see a bunch of beautiful fall leeks at the farmers market or store, snatch them up to make this recipe. Its a lighter version of the classic soup, made with blended white beans instead of heavy cream.
Best Potato Soup Recipe Toppings
The best part about this potato soup recipe is all the delicious toppings you can add! Its nice because it makes it very customizable for each person. I actually feel like this soup needs very little garnish. It is stands alone very well, I eat it without the cheese even a lot of the time.
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh parsley
- crumbled bacon
- sour cream
These are the basics. Other options include adding proteins like ham, rotisserie chicken, or spicy sausage. Or you could add in vegetables like corn, roasted veggies, jarred peppers, etc. If youre looking to get rid of some leftovers, potato soup can be a great vehicle!
Also Check: Knorr Onion Soup Mix Recipes
New England Clam Chowder
This simple soup recipe is good for heart health. Along with tossed green salad, crusty bread, and the crisp sauvignon blanc. Made with onion, potatoes, canned clams, this creamy will satisfy people with a great flavor due to the fresh thyme.
- Half-and-half: 1/2 cup
- Drain clams via the colander into one bowl, try reserving liquid as well as Then, combine the clam liquid with clam juice.
- Next, cook bacon in the Dutch oven with medium-high heat till it gets
- Then, remove the bacon from that pan reserve 2 teaspoons of drippings in the After that, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Add celery, onion plus with garlic to the pan and start sautéing for about 8 minutes or till they get tender. Add clam juice mixture, add 5 ingredients from potatoes to bay leaf and then bring to a boil, followed by covering
- Combine flour and milk, stirring using a whisk till it gets smooth then add them to the Stir in half-and-half and clams.
- Start cooking for 5 minutes before discarding the bay leaf.
- Finally, serve with the bacon. Using thyme sprigs to decorate if you love.
How To Make The Best Vegetable Soup
Making vegetable soup is simple, and it all happens in one pot! Heres an overview of how to make it .
Sweat onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil and tomato paste. The tomato paste adds lots of flavor to the soup.
Add more flavor with garlic, ground fennel seeds , pepper, and salt.
Pour in vegetable or chicken stock, a can of diced tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, and bay leaves.
Simmer until the veggies are tender .
Add frozen peas and cook for five more minutes.
Season to taste with more salt, pepper, and a little acid like apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
Don’t Miss: Campbell Soup Green Bean Casserole
Why We Think This Is The Best Vegetable Soup
When were looking for a comforting meal packed with vegetables, this easy veggie soup is where we turn. Its made with a light tomato broth and adapts to all seasons. Feel free to use any seasonal vegetables you have on hand. This soup is so good, you will want a batch in the freezer at all times. Its perfect for busy nights as well as when we feel weve over-indulged.
Here are a few reasons we love this vegetable soup recipe:
- This vegetable-packed soup is easy to make and tastes incredible.
- There are no fancy ingredients and everything needed is affordable.
- You can take advantage of seasonal ingredients. Use fresh tomatoes in late summer or try hardy squashes in winter.
- Its healthy, comforting, and completely vegetarian .
- It keeps well and tastes better the next day, making it perfect to pack for lunches or make ahead for dinner tomorrow night. Leftover soup will last about three days in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze it up to a month, if not more!
Chicken And Dumpling Soup
The Spruce / Leah Maroney
You need just 30 minutes for our chicken and dumpling soup that will satisfy a cold weather comfort food craving. With pillowy dumplings that come together in a snap, healthy veggies, and a rich-tasting chicken broth floating with chunks of chicken meat, it’s a lighter but still satisfying version of the classic chicken and dumplings.
Also Check: Is Cream Of Mushroom Soup Keto